Considerations of Ana Changes

General Discussion
I just want to throw a request and word of caution towards the devs and those in charge of balance changes, before these changes go live. I would appreciate you guys giving my thread a read and considering my thoughts.

For the many reasons below...
**I request that you leave Ana untouched in the upcoming balance patch**

Why?
If you do tweak Winston, Zenyatta, and Sombra, and release Orisa, the meta will shift, and I guarantee you, her reign will be challenged. If it doesn't, you already have the changes planned and they can be easily applied.

I am a DPS main, who happens to love playing Ana. I know a lot about her kit, and a lot about how she fits into the the game. The best part about her is her offensive capabilities as a healer. Her kit is balanced around the fact that her skill ceiling is considerably high, and she has distinct weaknesses (which don't happen to be popular in this meta).

Her current spot is due to the current meta-game, it has very little to do with her kit. Her weaknesses are simply not exploited with a "meta composition". I cannot stress this key fact enough. Her "power" comes from the meta-game, which will be changing in the same patch her changes are packaged in.

Currently...
Her strengths are: offensive capabilities, duel potential, range, and solo-heal potential.

Her weaknesses are: low mobility, little self-healing, and Sight-Lines.

The changes result in...
Strengths: Range

Weaknesses: Low offensive capabilities, low duel-potential, low mobility, (now even worse) self-healing, and Sight-lines.

She becomes systematically worse than, or just as bad as, any healer in the game, in every metric besides range, which is even arguably comparable to Zenyatta.

The fact is these changes remove her "identity" in the game, and remove all "Ana seems good here" scenarios. The best way to go about dethroning Ana from go-to heal is to improve the other healers, which was already proven to work with Mercy, and the changes have already seen many "Ana-less" games. I don't see why the change in philosophy has occurred, nor why it would start with such a unique piece of the Overwatch puzzle.

The upcoming meta has a lot of challenges for Ana, even in her current state.

With Winston's bubble cool down lowering, we will see a lot more of him, and a lot more diving characters accompanying him. The Projected Barrier is a VERY effective counter to everything Ana does. Multiple divers is another thing Ana absolutely cannot deal with. With Zenyatta improvements, and his affinity for dive compositions, he will also challenge Ana for her spot as a healer. With Orisa planned as the Reinhardt replacement, that's one less reason to play Ana (even if Orisa will be a comparable Nano target). With these things in mind, the proposed changes would likely place Ana into the never-played category.

Besides, do you know how many DPS players are willing to flex to heals because of Ana? How many soloqueue games are you willing to ruin because nobody will heal?

In my honest (and I hope knowledgeable) opinion, this is one of those "game-killing" changes. It is placed on a large pile of other changes that eventually crumbles the foundation of reasons you play this game.
Disclosure: I'm in the "we'll wait and see" camp. I'm not in favor or opposed to these changes for Ana.

Her current spot is due to the current meta-game, it has very little to do with her kit. Her weaknesses are simply not exploited with a "meta composition". I cannot stress this key fact enough. Her "power" comes from the meta-game, which will be changing in the same patch her changes are packaged in.

The argument you're presenting here is that Ana's power comes from the meta of the game. That ana simply "suits the meta very well". Of course she suits the meta - she's the reason the meta functions the way it does.
Many professional players and I'm pretty sure even Blizzard have said this is the case. Ana was the reason for the tank meta. Her extremely reliable long-range healing, doing more heals-per-second on single targets than any other support, meant that she could heal tanks the most efficiently out of any support in the game, and her biotic grenade made most other supports useless, so enemy teams couldn't counter her with mercy/lucio/zenyatta even if they wanted to.

Currently...
Her strengths are: offensive capabilities, duel potential, range, and solo-heal potential.

Her weaknesses are: low mobility, little self-healing, and Sight-Lines.

Strengths and weaknesses are both relative and differently impactful. You can't list them side-by-side as if one balances the other out.
For example, it's true that Ana has low mobility. However, mobility is a relative trait. With Ana's sleep dart, she reverses the "low mobility" disadvantage. Furthermore, the fact that she's a long-range hero means her low mobility doesn't impact her as much. Essentially, the weaknesses you've listed don't bring her down as much as her strengths bring her up. They're not enough to balance her, in her current state. Example:

Bill Gates:
Strengths: One of the richest men in the world
Weaknesses: A little bit socially awkward.

This guy's weakness does not balance his strength out. Nor does Ana's weakness of "poor mobility" balance out the fact that she can 1v1 most heroes.