will the zen discord buff mean rip for reinhardt ?

Competitive Discussion
isnt the whole point of reinhardt to openup chokes and engage on the enemy to give dps room to move with the zen buff he will be burned downed even quicker
His shield is going to still block damage. Rein was always burned down by zen.
03/07/2017 06:44 AMPosted by Splatterpunk
yeah but now he can anticipate it easier
03/07/2017 06:48 AMPosted by threatprince
03/07/2017 06:44 AMPosted by Splatterpunk
yeah but now he can anticipate it easier

It won't be game breaking. It's not like you couldn't sneak an orb behind his shield it's just easier now. The thing I like more is the zarya bubble. Zarya was annoying with zen from time to time.
if it also targets zayra trough her barriers then im done, that is simply too strong
No they can hit the person threw the barrier but it doesn't effect the barrier.
It's not that big of a change, he can only put his discord on people through a shield, his orbs don't go through shields to do damage. It's only going to make it easier for your flankers to get a pick on the other side of a Rein shield(I'm guessing they implemented the change due to Bastion mainly).
The sole reason for the discord change is to allow flankers and dive to be able to get those quick kills on backline heros hiding behind barriers. With the introduction of Orisa there is going to be a lot of barrierwatch going on and Zen is going to be key in shutting down those behind the barrier. Should make for some fun team comps.
zarya with 2s flimsy barrier will simply melt now
I play a lot of Zen this really won't be game breaking or OP. Fire strike I always get my discord in at that moment. And Zarya was able to throw my discord off which was just a nuisance it went right back on when she got out of her bubble.
As a Reinhardt player when don't have an orb on me already? I have to throw fire strikes to build my ULT and it's pretty much a given I get the orb....... then nothing happens. Maybe I'm a bit more hesitant to throw another firestrike but your better Reinhardt players already use the map and cover a lot anyways.

This should be a huge help for DPS who flank etc being the -break the shield- sort of game is getting very predictable.

Rein's not going anywhere. I'm sure I speak for other Reinhardt mains here that we will not have our position as the main tank of Overwatch be usurped by some horse bot!
03/07/2017 06:53 AMPosted by FemboyJessie
if it also targets zayra trough her barriers then im done, that is simply too strong

Her barrier is different than shields. You'll still be able to remove all debuffs and not get discords thrown at you while barrier is active.
03/07/2017 06:53 AMPosted by FemboyJessie

Let me tell you why you'll be totally fine:

1. It's not like he can attack through her barrier so why does it matter?

2. If the Discord causes Zarya's barrier to take more damage that means she can charge herself up easier.
Even when discorded through his shield, you really can't damage him through it until its broken.

This update is largely a quality of life one for Zenyatta, and not a major one.
It's just gonna make diving easier so games will be less boring imo.