Timed out because I left before PotG

General Discussion
10 min time out of competitive because I left before the play of the game?

I didn't leave the game early. The match was literally over.

Que times are long so to alleviate this I leave before Play of the Game.

I don't really care to see score cards, stats, etc.

If there is going to be down time I'd rather be searching for another game.
I thought it was safe to leave once you saw the lineup of heroes that won the match
You can leave once the screen says "VICTORY" or "DEFEAT" if you try to leave before that you will get a prompt, warning you not to. If you were penalized for leaving after this point that would be a bug and you should report it on the bug forums.
You left before it said "DEFEAT" or "VICTORY" on screen. Once that shows up you can leave, not before. The POTG is irrelevant.
I dunno how this keeps happening to people in competitive

It always gives you a big red 'WARNING' message indicating you'll be penalized if you leave too early.

If you see that warning then don't leave yet.

If you don't see it, then you're good to leave
03/03/2017 10:31 AMPosted by Qmoney
10 min time out of competitive because I left before the play of the game?

Que times are long so to alleviate this I leave before Play of the Game.

I don't really care to see score cards, stats, etc.

If there is going to be down time I'd rather be searching for another game.

End game is clearly defined by blizzard as the Victory/Defeat screen

You ignored this and the GIANT RED LEAVER PENALTY BOX that popped up when you clicked leave

Working as intended. Next time wait the literally 10 extra seconds to avoid a ban, as it will escalate the more you do it.
03/03/2017 10:44 AMPosted by AaronP
I thought it was safe to leave once you saw the lineup of heroes that won the match
It's safe to leave the moment you see "Defeat/Victory" on the screen, per Blue Posts.
03/03/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Merrak
03/03/2017 10:44 AMPosted by AaronP
It's safe to leave the moment you see "Defeat/Victory" on the screen, per Blue Posts.

Correct. It's safe to leave when you don't see a GIANT RED WARNING BOX FULL OF TEXT ABOUT LEAVER PENALTIES IF YOU LEAVE NOW
03/03/2017 10:31 AMPosted by Qmoney
When exactly is "literally over" for you? Before or after you see the words "DEFEAT/VICTORY" on your screen? Some people think "literally over" is when there is 10 seconds remaining and your team was wiped out and can't get back to the payload/point in time thus bail out. This is incorrect.