Why would you revert the Ana nerf

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Highly Rated
> Not even a whole 24 hours in the PTR

> As game developers and principal designers you should know that a lot of people whine without actually experiencing changes to heroes

> You let 35% Ironclad bastion into live despite criticism

> You did not even let these ana nerfs go to live despite the critcism of her utility and damage, hell there was not even a full day for testing

DO NOT revert it instantaneously because of a bunch of extremist whiners, I'm pretty sure blizzard is aware she's dominated the meta for 2 and now 3 seasons

Don't give in so easily.

EDIT: CALM DOWN. Geoff did show some real strength by replying, he is a human being not a robot so chill and the fact that he is open to further tuning makes me happy. They will probably nerf Ana but not in the way they suggested yesterday. Calm down with the flaming
Highly Rated
They did not revert it because of whiny Ana mains.

They reverted it because they want Ana to stay OP, and this nerf threatened that.

The Ana mains could have said nothing at all and it still would have been reverted.
Highly Rated
The revert on the impact healing was expected, but I didn't thought that the damage would be impacted too.

Guess that means the grenade would still do unfair heavy swings on fights
Highly Rated
Dont want to sound cynical, but everything does point to it been a knee jerk reaction from the rage of the ana mains, been on the PTR for so little time, how much testing could they have seriously done?

I was really hoping they would be brave enough to ignore it, or at least give it some time to make a proper, informed and unbiased decision, surely they know how dominate ana has been for ages now, but meh, turns out not.
can I pls have source
I'll be fine with a damage nerf. The grenade nerf made her a easy prey. She has no self heal and her sleep dart is hard to land anyways. I'm glad they reverted.
I love how u guys call everyone saying the ana nerfs were to severe a Ana main, yet almost nobody on live want's to go heal on there own.
03/08/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Karlheinz
can I pls have source
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753516591 Look at the second post.
The annoying thing is she'll just get nerfed again later. Can we get this crap over with? I was not even convinced that Ana wasn't going to be overpowered with all the nerf. (although the Zen buff could have changed that, it was an extreme buff)

But nope, we HAVE to extend the dreadful Ana meta longer. I said it a long time ago that it would take MANY patches to bring her out of her overpowered state and I'm so tired of slowly going through it all.
03/08/2017 06:14 PMPosted by Evilyoshi
Dont want to sound cynical, but everything does point to it been a knee jerk reaction from the rage of the ana mains, been on the PTR for so little time, how much testing could they have seriously done?

I was really hoping they would be brave enough to ignore it, or at least give it some time to make a proper, informed and unbiased decision, surely they know how dominate ana has been for ages now, but meh, turns out not.

The Ana mains were not crying that loudly and Blizzard has had plenty of experience ignoring player feedback in the past. And they didn't even change what most of the Ana mains thought needed changing, most of them wanted the damage nerf reverted and the grenade nerf to stay (possibly with the amendment of it still doing the full amount on Ana herself). They made this change because they wanted to, not because of pressure from players, which was relatively low.

The real question is why they want a character near-unanimously seen as blatantly overpowered to remain blatantly overpowered.
The revert was good. I don't know why people are complaining, blizz does listen PTR feedback.

If they aren't reworking a character,there's no need to weaken so many aspects at once. She's still getting nerfed after all.
03/08/2017 06:18 PMPosted by Titanium
03/08/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Karlheinz
can I pls have source
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753516591 Look at the second post.
!@#$ that %^-*. They were finally balancing Ana and they undid it for some reason?!?! This isn't about D.VA or Hog, or any other character in the game, this was about a !@#$ing OP character that did too much, had too much, and could 1v1 all the character designed to counter her... and they reverted the nerf. Holy hell stupid bronze Ana players that want to use their tranq offensively instead of on flankers complaining that their grenade won't 1 shot Tracer anymore...
Ana had the biggest changes in this patch, and upon testing, feedback, and talking about it a ton internally, we decided to pull back on the nerfs a bit for this patch. The damage reduction on her weapon is significant, but if this ends up not being enough we can re-visit some further tuning. We don't want to swing her balance too wildly within a single patch.
03/08/2017 06:18 PMPosted by Kartney
I love how u guys call everyone saying the ana nerfs were to severe a Ana main, yet almost nobody on live want's to go heal on there own.

Hah, burn
Mar 9 -178
03/08/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Ana had the biggest changes in this patch, and upon testing, feedback, and talking about it a ton internally, we decided to pull back on the nerfs a bit for this patch. The damage reduction on her weapon is significant, but if this ends up not being enough we can re-visit some further tuning. We don't want to swing her balance too wildly within a single patch.

Use this post to surrogate likes/dislikes with the blue post.
Highly Rated

What about McCree? I see that nerf reverts are happening. I think he is due for some too.

We don't want wild balance swings, but we are okay with so many major kit/role changes in under three months? Tank shredder McCree (6/2016), damage reduced/useless McCree (6/2016), 35m McCree (7/2016), animation cancel removed (hidden nerf, 8/2016), Deadeye nerfed (9/2016); and the present day McCree - who hasn't evolved with the game. This favoritism needs to end; why didn't McCree get this same amount of attention and care for his kit?
Highly Rated

BUT THE PROBLEM WAS THE GRENADE NOT HER DPS

BUFF HER DPS AND GET THE DAMN NADE OUT OF THERE. (keep the nerfs for the nade and buff her dps a bit if you want to ballance it out!)
Highly Rated

Is this the way it's always done though? Considering the track record that doesn't seem to be true. Why are deliberations being made? I thought ptr was only for bug testing, right?
Highly Rated
We don't want to swing her balance too wildly within a single patch.

Then why did you do it with D.va?