The lack of developer feedback on D.Va concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 137 138 139 274 Next
I forgot about Reaper, thank you. I mean yeah Hanzo, but in any realistic scenario that'd never happen. No way a D.Va would be able to react to that in time.

If she eats Tracers that's almost the same principle as eating a Hanzo ult.

So we have Reaper, Pharah, Roadhog, Tracer, Hanzo, Zarya, S76, and Mei. Only 2 of those she can entirely block. 2 that she can entirely block are knee-jerk reaction, and the rest she WILL be demeched, or is just plain luck that she eats.

Also Genji isn't on the same principle as D.Va's DM.
As a D.Va player, she was probably too strong before the nerf, but now feels a bit too weak except when heavily supported by strong healers. I would say giving her back a little bit of her armor would probably solve most concerns.
Just checking back in to see if they fixed dva yet. No? Oh ok.
Aww, the dva mains got mad at me for calling out the fact that they're wrong.... She is still viable. I can play dva well at my rank, and I rarely play her.
She was OP, now she is fine.

I use her both in ranked and in scrims.
define the context of fine. OP is when you don't have a counter. Like Ana's grenade. And the only way to beat ol school Ana was to have another Ana. Even supersaiyan buff Dva couldn't deal with Mei and Zarya on her own. She had to run away.

Is this the worst version of Dva? Hell no. That was Nerf This yolo if my ult kills me oh well Launch-Dva. But getting nerfed on both guns and her armor she has more value on Defense side of maps than attack side imo. Because too many resources need to be spent for her to dive without getting melted by the enemy. I think if she got 6 seconds for DM it would help her fit the new backline defender model the devs may be going for since she can't sustain damage like she use to.

I play Lucio and Zarya more now so if they want to leave her like this oh well. Other heroes in the sea for me. Everyone else that loves playing her keep on rocking and good luck with her.
This thread never dies
03/27/2017 03:56 PMPosted by P0W3RH0U53
Just checking back in to see if they fixed dva yet. No? Oh ok.
Same.
03/28/2017 07:47 AMPosted by huntinghawk
define the context of fine

Not a must pick. Her matrix is better than ever, but if you engage poorly, you will lose your mech and probably die. She is awesome at contesting positions like high grounds, but will get toasted if you dive by yourself and try to fight 1v2+.

She is between winston (off) and rein (def) for the playstyle. She has mobility and an awesome (probably the best) defensive ability. You can use to mitigate damage, deny ana's healing on enemies or dive with your people and support them too. You can get into any position in the map easily, so it is easy to reposition yourself if needed. People usually forget/undervaluate mobility in this game. They don't give the proper value to it.

She is not an "all by myself" anymore. I never played her until S3 and needed to learn because she nullified basically ALL the offense heroes with her matrix and armor. With some support was unkillable. You could boost back and survive after a hook blast to the face, along with the entire enemy team shooting at you with a tiny healing from your supports. People simply couldn't punish me by a misplay or anything if I got some support.

So, just repeating: She is fine. Try playing Winston, because a lot of these "problems" of "OMGZ I MELT NOW" after diving alone or bad positioning are equally punished when playing him too. Hint: He doesn't need more buffs. He is also fine.
03/28/2017 08:42 AMPosted by storm
03/28/2017 07:47 AMPosted by huntinghawk
define the context of fine

Not a must pick. Her matrix is better than ever, but if you engage poorly, you will lose your mech and probably die. She is awesome at contesting positions like high grounds, but will get toasted if you dive by yourself and try to fight 1v2+.

She is between winston (off) and rein (def) for the playstyle. She has mobility and an awesome (probably the best) defensive ability. You can use to mitigate damage, deny ana's healing on enemies or dive with your people and support them too. You can get into any position in the map easily, so it is easy to reposition yourself if needed. People usually forget/undervaluate mobility in this game. They don't give the proper value to it.

She is not an "all by myself" anymore. I never played her until S3 and needed to learn because she nullified basically ALL the offense heroes with her matrix and armor. With some support was unkillable. You could boost back and survive after a hook blast to the face, along with the entire enemy team shooting at you with a tiny healing from your supports. People simply couldn't punish me by a misplay or anything if I got some support.

So, just repeating: She is fine. Try playing Winston, because a lot of these "problems" of "OMGZ I MELT NOW" after diving alone or bad positioning are equally punished when playing him too. Hint: He doesn't need more buffs. He is also fine.

DM dosent negate heroes that hard it really doesnt. People really like to act like it is some god tier ability but it isn't. It has criminally under used counter play to it. It also isn't strong enough or good balance to balance around dm alone.

Also mobility is not nothing but it can be and is often is very easy to overrate. Mobility alone means nothing. Mobile shields are cool and all but they have flaws and can be beaten.

D.VA also is simulatounsly one of the most mobile and least mobile charcters. While she shoots her close range weapons she moves slower than the rest of the cast. This fact also gets downplayed alot.

People also underestimate other charcters such as Reinhart and even charcters with out movement speed abilities of any kind and how fast they can get to areas. Sure D.VA will beat Zarya to the point but the gap isn't great enough to win fights or leave chacrcters helpless to the greater movement speed as it is not that extreme of a movement advatage especially when you factor in the slowdown while shooting.

On a final note D.VA really wasn't that strong by herself pre nerf. She was about on par with the other tanks. Her pickrate was influenced largely by Soilder, Hog and Ana. Two of them still inflate her pickerate even now because they are still just as good (Soilder/Ana).
03/28/2017 09:16 AMPosted by nfcnorth
People also underestimate other charcters

Its funny

those heros with no real mobility also has abilities or attacks that reach out and touch some people in places that they shouldn't.
03/03/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Cenobyte

I started OW in December and found D.Va to be the character which best suited my play style… without knowing there was a nerf in the works I could tell immediately after the patch she was seriously lacking compared to what she was up to the end of 2016.

So your play style is being able to dive in to a team of 6 kill 1 or 2 then fly out like nothing?

Dva was ridiculously overpowered before now she is still really strong. Right now Dva does not need a boost at all.
03/28/2017 09:35 AMPosted by KimG
03/03/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Cenobyte

I started OW in December and found D.Va to be the character which best suited my play style… without knowing there was a nerf in the works I could tell immediately after the patch she was seriously lacking compared to what she was up to the end of 2016.

So your play style is being able to dive in to a team of 6 kill 1 or 2 then fly out like nothing?

Dva was ridiculously overpowered before now she is still really strong. Right now Dva does not need a boost at all.

No d.va ever 1v6ed anyone

this !@#$ needs to stop.

she might of dove an wholly uncoordinated team and took out an outlier

its possible it was a 2vX because you cant always see the ana possibly even a lucio sneaking around

but there is no such thing as a d.va consistently 1v6ing anyone.
03/28/2017 09:45 AMPosted by Nazrin

[/quote]

Never said 1v6ed.

But I have dove into a 6 man team and got kills and got out. Seen lots of others do this to.

Even as is post nerf I can still dive a site and kill the healer. I just may not get out.
03/28/2017 09:52 AMPosted by KimG
03/28/2017 09:45 AMPosted by Nazrin

[/quote]

Never said 1v6ed.

But I have dove into a 6 man team and got kills and got out. Seen lots of others do this to.

Even as is post nerf I can still dive a site and kill the healer. I just may not get out.

i have no idea what rank you play in but if i dove into a full 6 stack or even 3-4 i get collapsed on like a black hole and waste everyones time.

no amount of baby sitting healers will keep her alive long enough to even get one kill, let alone if they are actually healing each other.

exception being possibly Zen being way out of position. but he is an easy target.
Mods or forum gods or whatever, why don't you lock the D.Va megathreads and redirect here? It's already unlocked and would reduce the spam on the forums.

TY :)
Why do the M E G A T H R E A D S exist if this is unlocked and about the same topic?
04/01/2017 01:58 AMPosted by Synaesthesia
Why do the M E G A T H R E A D S exist if this is unlocked and about the same topic?

B E C A U S E W E H A V E A N O T H E R M O D E N D O R S E D M E G A T H R E A D

Plus this ones about to reach the limit
I can't really play her in comp anymore really. I'm trying to learn something else, but I've lost the fun I used to have.

I don't think she's as bad as I used to think, but she's not much fun to play anymore. And the once in a blue moon game that goes well, instant roadhog/zarya switch on the enemy team for countering. And it doesn't feel like "if you're skilled, you can stay even with those counters there" anymore. It really feels like "if roadhog and zarya are on the enemy team, you should just stop playing d.va". This part just feels unfun.
03/23/2017 08:58 AMPosted by DVa
Can we please let this thread die and continue in the megathreads?

I disagree. While the megatread is interesting. Is basically an edition of complaints with less focus than this one. Most of the posts here are direct answers to Geoff comments on D.Va state. D.Va is in a Terrible state right now. Ranking less than 10 percent usage among tanks in GM and declining. Geoff constantly defended her nerf in spite of very obvious proof of her weaknesses by the community. He basically own this mess by now. And I honestly do not say it with any malicious intent. Overall the team has done a good job with the game. But the obstinacy to which the D.Va concerns were taken inspite of the constant warnings and explanation with as many facts as posible for a player to collect needs to be taken into account. And at somepoint you need to accept responsibility for ignoring the traffic sign when you crash the car.