The lack of developer feedback on D.Va concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 191 192 193 274 Next
05/22/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Blueblizz
05/22/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Oizen
Its just the standard "Mother knows best" mentality Blizzard has applied to this game's balancing since the beginning.

"We're buffing lucio because he was mandantory"
"We're nerfing Orisa so she can protect her team better"
"I swear I dont main Roadhog"

the Orisa patch didnt go live yet.

05/22/2017 11:22 AMPosted by Nicolas
Aaand after few hours, few pages and mostly not heated discussion my thread has been locked:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754976897?page=1

Kinda sad, not quite expected, but so be it. Hope the mods know that I didn't ask the question here to avoid bias this thread gained.

But anyway, I wanted to thank you everyone who took part in the discussion and to all of you who tried to keep it out of insulting the other side.

but why was it blocked?

There is no listed reason. The only thing that makes sense is that it was a thread with actual discussion about D.Va, and not a "Nerf/Buff X" thread. It put the flaws of their decision in the spotlight, and they couldn't handle that.
Dva is played too passive and it hurts the dive comp. Seems the devs want her to be a tank who watches out for flankers and able to help supports. Like they said they dont want Dva to aggressive but im still wondering what exactly is she suppose to do. As Winston, dva not being in her meka hurts my playstyle if we have a dive. Are the devs encouraging the death ball line up with barriers everywhere while a hog sitting behind it pulling enemies on by one into it? If so thats some boring !@# overwatch. The fun for me is catching a defense off guard by completely jumping on them with all dive and seeing them panic to see who they will focus first. the Winston on the supports, the dva on the soldier, Tracer on rein, Genji on bastion and hog trying to hook anything he can.
05/22/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Cerebrum123
thread with actual discussion about D.Va

I believe we were going somewhere with that discussion and to a better understanding the issue. But now we'll never know.

So now we are left with that thread... Who knows for how long.
Please block this thread now and make a hero specific forum for each hero, just like the WoW forum. This always pops-up on front page, I'm tired of it.
05/22/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Tearz
Please block this thread now and make a hero specific forum for each hero, just like the WoW forum. This always pops-up on front page, I'm tired of it.

You could just ignore it or contribute to it. Which is what this fourm is suppose to be, contributing suggests about dva or talking about her.

Thanks for putting it back on the front page, I didn't want to dig through my posting history.

Yes I agree.

These forums suck, bliz dun care
I wonder... why to some people visiting the threads they don't like, just to vocal that they don't like them, is a thing?
The change in my opinion that should happen should be 300 Armor and 300 Health. Isn't this balanced for you?
05/22/2017 03:14 PMPosted by ErPizzomane
The change in my opinion that should happen should be 300 Armor and 300 Health. Isn't this balanced for you?

While this would be nice she would still need some adjustments to her guns, because outside of spitting distance she does no real damage.

Well if we're making balance decisions based on opinions I think that Genji needs a lightsaber.
Isn't this balanced for you?

Not enough data.
If we only could set that in Custom games to see it in action.

I think that would be fine, but they won't do that. They've got her in mech/out of mech time down to what they consider balanced. So for me, if that's not going to change (it's her self-heal, and you don't want it to be perpetual, so I can see them liking her melt speed), then she needs to do a touch more before demeching. She does so little before melting. Like DM delivery is her task right now. Deliver DM to allied genji. Deliver DM to allied mercy. Deliver DM to allied Winston. Guns never really come into play, and when they do, they're just for finishing off people who were gonna die anyways, or else they're for charging enemy healer ults.

She's an ult battery unfortunately, and since enjoying overwatch was enjoying playing D.va for so long for me, now I'm not really enjoying the game much anymore. Sombra's fun, but maining her also means I get nothing but throwers. Still, she's more fun than current D.va who depresses me when I play her :(
05/22/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Fire

Well if we're making balance decisions based on opinions I think that Genji needs a lightsaber.

Maybe a skin like that would be nice.
Anyway they could reduce her DPS by 1 or 2 DPS like they did with soldier and make Dva more tanky
05/22/2017 11:31 PMPosted by ErPizzomane

Anyway they could reduce her DPS by 1 or 2 DPS like they did with soldier and make Dva more tanky

D.va's effective dps is already garbage against anything that isn't another tank.
05/22/2017 11:31 PMPosted by ErPizzomane

her dps was garbage before her damage nerf and even more garbage now after the nerf
My problem is that when Jeff went on damage control patrol he was talking about "compensation" and how there are never any straight nerfs or straight buffs (except that happens constantly :/).

Their idea of compensating was Lower armor and raise health / Lower pellet damage but increase number of pellets and therefore increase consistency

I don't see how that counts as compensation. That doesn't seem like a +/- and a +/- because EVERYBODY sees this as a -/- Less armor and less damage

Apparently Blizzard doesn't see it that way because why else would they bring it up?

So here's how I personally think Blizzard should have handled this change. This is not what I believe necessarily, but something similar to this should have happened.

Dva gets less armor and deals less damage. In order to COMPENSATE she should have received a change to help her better fit in her intended role. They don't want her to have armor and do damage, ok fine, then buff her other abilities like dm and thrusters. Increase dm uptime by 1 second and lower thruster cd by 1 sec. Now she can be a proper dm bot.

That's just an example folks, but the point is that they took a lot of power out of her and slapped a "but technically she has more health and potentially does more consistent damage so its balanced" bandaid on her, and that's only a sliver of why people are pissed off
05/23/2017 12:06 AMPosted by AMERICAN
My problem is that when Jeff went on damage control patrol he was talking about "compensation" and how there are never any straight nerfs or straight buffs (except that happens constantly :/).

Their idea of compensating was Lower armor and raise health / Lower pellet damage but increase number of pellets and therefore increase consistency

I don't see how that counts as compensation. That doesn't seem like a +/- and a +/- because EVERYBODY sees this as a -/- Less armor and less damage

Apparently Blizzard doesn't see it that way because why else would they bring it up?

So here's how I personally think Blizzard should have handled this change. This is not what I believe necessarily, but something similar to this should have happened.

Dva gets less armor and deals less damage. In order to COMPENSATE she should have received a change to help her better fit in her intended role. They don't want her to have armor and do damage, ok fine, then buff her other abilities like dm and thrusters. Increase dm uptime by 1 second and lower thruster cd by 1 sec. Now she can be a proper dm bot.

That's just an example folks, but the point is that they took a lot of power out of her and slapped a "but technically she has more health and potentially does more consistent damage so its balanced" bandaid on her, and that's only a sliver of why people are pissed off

Thats not taking into account that she was always played as a dive tank and no one ever complained about her damage.
05/23/2017 12:43 AMPosted by TheHunter
05/23/2017 12:06 AMPosted by AMERICAN

Thats not taking into account that she was always played as a dive tank and no one ever complained about her damage.

noone complained about ana's and orisa's damage too
i feel they just do w/e they want
05/23/2017 12:53 AMPosted by to0ty
noone complained about ana's and orisa's damage too

Actually, they did, especially about Ana (about Orisa they were talking mostly about her too big clip size, but that was fixed, surprisingly), which later formed "Nerf the Nade" movement.