The lack of developer feedback on D.Va concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 274 Next
It's kind of funny that I was suggesting D.Va get an E ability that enhances her defense for a short period of 5 seconds or so with a 12 second cooldown or whatever. Now we got Orisa who basically does just that lol. D.Va is just way too paper maché and sucks majorly as a tank.
I have talked about D.Va changes in the past, but unfortunately it just isn't what people want to hear. I understand people are frustrated that she lost a bit of her 'bully' nature before, and really want to play her that way again. The reality is she was too good at too many things and something had to give.

I know that, given the choice, many people would sacrifice power from her tools like Defense Matrix if it allowed her to be played in a more super aggressive role like she did for a time. Overall the concept of a giant mech wreaking havok and dealing a ton of damage as an offense or defense hero is a cool one, but D.Va just isn't built for that. That said, clearly there is a strong desire for that kind of hero and it certainly would be sweet to make another mech-type hero in that space, so that's something for us to consider looking forward.
Highly Rated
Ah crap here comes the storm.
Highly Rated
03/03/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
I have talked about D.Va changes in the past, but unfortunately it just isn't what people want to hear. I understand people are frustrated that she lost a bit of her 'bully' nature before, and really want to play her that way again. The reality is she was too good at too many things and something had to give.

I know that, given the choice, many people would sacrifice power from her tools like Defense Matrix if it allowed her to be played in a more super aggressive role like she did for a time. Overall the concept of a giant mech wreaking havok and dealing a ton of damage as an offense or defense hero is a cool one, but D.Va just isn't built for that. That said, clearly there is a strong desire for that kind of hero and it certainly would be sweet to make another mech-type hero in that space, so that's something for us to consider looking forward.

Oh no Geoff, prepare for 'devs are taking D.Va's spirit and giving it to a future hero ;_;' megathread number 10.
Highly Rated

So, this is definitive proof that she's just supposed to be a DM bot? Not a dive tank or aggressive initiator as Jeff said she's supposed to be?
Highly Rated

This is going to be a fun thread!

So what made you decide to reply to this thread and not any of the other threads. Just curious

Edit: Apparently i've offended some people by asking a question lol

Thank you.

Now go away Derp.va noobs.
Highly Rated
lol d.va mains are gonna get so butthurt
03/03/2017 11:47 AMPosted by Spectre
It's kind of funny that I was suggesting D.Va get an E ability that enhances her defense for a short period of 5 seconds or so with a 12 second cooldown or whatever. Now we got Orisa who basically does just that lol. D.Va is just way too paper maché and sucks majorly as a tank.

This is the only problem I have with dva mains. This ability would be so op for a highly mobile tank that also soaks damage and deals damage. I worry because you cannot see that, that even if Blizzard buffed her, she'd still be weak in your eyes.

Like I get it, I totally agree she's weak and underperforms zarya and hog as an off tank, but please be reasonable about it. She's not complete paper and I know many people that use her very well because she has a very strong kit already.

My personal opinion is she should be 300/300 and have a decreased crit box size, but zenyatta discord should do 10% extra damage to heroes above 300 health. It's more reasonable than a complete shutdown of taking damage while she already has an insanely powerful defense matrix which pretty much does that.

Thank you Geoff, I appreciate the feedback! I hope that this will settle the Dva concerns.

I doubt it, but I hope people at least recognize your efforts.
Highly Rated
So outside of <Removed> obvious bugs this is pretty much the D.va we're getting?

You know this is just going to keep going too, right?

Moderation Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. We respectfully ask that everyone remains mindful of the code of conduct when posting. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

YAAAAAY no more "dva is supposed to be doing damage" kinds of claims, thank you geoff for the clarity, I thought I was the only one who thought that
03/03/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Solaxe
lol d.va mains are gonna get so butthurt

Sadly you'll be downvoted so much.. sigh.
That said, clearly there is a strong desire for that kind of hero and it certainly would be sweet to make another mech-type hero in that space, so that's something for us to consider looking forward.

Athena being a dive tank confirmed!!!1!
Geoff i think it's time you move onto another job. Your tank characters suck at tanking. You are an idiot to remove tank power from a tank. The problem is their damage. Zarya, Roadhog and D.Va at one point just took up the slots of damage. Seriously you don't know what you are doing. Look at your Bastion. You literally made him a TANK and gave Ana a better role now. You suck dude.
Yeah duh, he has always been a tank, since open beta, because he turns into one
Also, Geoff, get the forum admins to look at the sort of toxin we're dealing with, considering the trolls now jumping in here.
Highly Rated
So, we don't dive? We just got another video from Jeff confirming she's a disruptor like Winston.
THANKS GEOFF

OK D.VA MAINS. GO HOME AND STOP WHINING PLS, FIND A HERO THAT U CAN ACTUALLY AIM WITH .....