The lack of developer feedback on D.Va concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 229 230 231 274 Next
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

He was abandoned, because he was in "such a great spot". But neither D.Va was buffed when she was in meta. These S3 changes along with changes to nanoboost made her into meta. These DM changes was fixing than buffing.

Huh? You're still not answering. She's meta right now, reaper is F tier.
How many heroes have received flat buffs while being strong meta picks?

I think you're confused by my point. My point was dva will not get buffed or even looked at while being such a strong meta pick. And that's when you brought up reaper. It's a bad comparison.
06/16/2017 04:12 AMPosted by Saint
06/16/2017 03:49 AMPosted by Rocko
You're dodging the question. Did he get buffed when he was meta?

I want you to tell me how many top 5 pro picks have received flat buffs.

Say, is

constantly seeking for D.va threads and monitoring them to quote someone and say "agreed" in order to keep her bad and protect the newbies from getting noobstomped from w+m1 D.Va your whole reason for existing? I've never seen someone so obsessed with a video game character before. I'm really curious.
Fixed this for you
06/16/2017 04:12 AMPosted by Rocko
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

He was abandoned, because he was in "such a great spot". But neither D.Va was buffed when she was in meta. These S3 changes along with changes to nanoboost made her into meta. These DM changes was fixing than buffing.

I think you're confused by my point. My point was dva will not get buffed or even looked at while being such a strong meta pick. And that's when you brought up reaper. It's a bad comparison.

The thing is, meta picks dont matter for balance as we have said like a thousand times. Also you have never played D.Va, please stop.
So... you asked me if Reaper was buffed when he was meta and after I answered you still claim I did not?

And that's when you brought up reaper. It's a bad comparison.

Is it?

Back in the beginnings of OW, she was buffed with her reworked DM in the half of the S1. With .05 delay of her DM recharge it was considered too much and OP. Still it didn't help her with being a part of the meta. With S2 they corrected it and still it didn't help her much. But suddenly when nanoboost lost its speed and D.Va received these "buffs", she was still out of meta. Reaper however was a beast back then in Beyblade meta, thanks to nano's speed boost.

And that's I said Reaper didn't received buff while he was meta and neither had D.Va. After that +100 fiasco they switched values of her Health and changed the playstyle, which was "intended one", but they couldn't make it for over half of the year.

And thus we are here today, dive comp is the new black, so D.Va is here again. And it's annoying comp, but not because of D.Va, but thanks to these Tracers and Genjis.
Threads never die
06/16/2017 04:35 AMPosted by MARTINHO
Threads never die

Parasitic life forms of trolls never die!
This thread needs to be destroyed. The forums moved on from DVA a long time ago. Now we have a witch hunt for Mercy and Pharah.
06/16/2017 06:45 AMPosted by ComposedJam
This thread needs to be destroyed. The forums moved on from DVA a long time ago. Now we have a witch hunt for Mercy and Pharah.

Buff Dva to counter them
Every day this post lives, we stray further from god.
06/15/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Rocko

and i did answer your question. but like the devs' answer to you

And like the Devs answer, it was a load of intentional vaugery!

"They'd just run another hero" Oh really? I thought they'd just sit on their backsides in the hero select screen sucking their thumb the entire match if they couldn't roll D.Va.

The three mobile DPS's (Tracer, 76 and Genji) are all already constantly used (all moreso than D.Va herself.) Three slots for them, one slot for Lucio, one slot for Winston and slot number 6 for... who? Who's the best diver once all those options have been exhausted?

Let me remind you that you failed to list some non-Speed Boost reasons as to why pre-rework but post-nerf Lucio was S-Tier for his entire existence (and thus that "By default" alone isn't all it takes to be picked.)
06/16/2017 04:12 AMPosted by Saint

Say, is

constantly seeking for D.va threads and monitoring them to quote someone and say "agreed" in order to keep her bad and protect the newbies from getting noobstomped from w+m1 D.Va your whole reason for existing? I've never seen someone so obsessed with a video game character before. I'm really curious.
Fixed this for you

Man, you showed me. Your comment added so much substance.

Dva still isn't getting buffed. Sorry

The thing is, meta picks dont matter for balance as we have said like a thousand times. Also you have never played D.Va, please stop.

Ok, then tell me how many heroes have been flat buffed while they were top 5 meta picks.

Seems like it is important....
stop this pls psl psl pls pls

Just so you know past patches are publicly available but here you go.

How about Lucio who has rarely if ever been out of the meta? Even with the recent radius decrease he received a net buff and is a beast in the current meta. Backwards wall riding, wall riding speed boost, increased healing, increased damage, visible radius.

Roadhog got a net buff while decently in the meta with his hook fix and shotgun spread.

Winston received a shield buff and critbox reduction.

Mercy got a second buff to her Ult while in meta.

Zen got an alternate fire and weapon spread buff.

Genji got a Dragonblade buff and fix while in meta. Also climb and attack buff.

So plenty of precedent to buff currently meta heroes.
...Fixed this for you

im getting really tired of ur !@#$
you constantly seek out dva threads and proceed to spew hate in them
06/16/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Rocko

You must know lots about substance. Just like you know lots about the game.
However, if you're contesting for the most carcinogen post history of all time, know that Blizzard doesn't give awards for that. Sorry
03/03/2017 02:34 PMPosted by Chublis
03/03/2017 02:32 PMPosted by FinalNinja
Lets just give D.va 500 armor and 500 hp and Orisas guns and maybe the Dva mains will finally be happy kappa

Give her 10 trillion health (of which 500 billion is armour), make her move at mach 3 whilst shooting and make her guns shoot 750,000 rounds a second and then you might please the whiny little betas known as the D.VA mains.

best post i have ever seen
06/16/2017 02:49 PMPosted by Takuya
06/16/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Rocko

You must know lots about substance. Just like you know lots about the game.
However, if you're contesting for the most carcinogen post history of all time, know that Blizzard doesn't give awards for that. Sorry

Another post full of substance. I'm sure that buff will be here in no time. maybe another 5 months
06/16/2017 01:48 PMPosted by haziago

Just so you know past patches are publicly available but here you go.

How about Lucio who has rarely if ever been out of the meta? Even with the recent radius decrease he received a net buff and is a beast in the current meta. Backwards wall riding, wall riding speed boost, increased healing, increased damage, visible radius.

Roadhog got a net buff while decently in the meta with his hook fix and shotgun spread.

Winston received a shield buff and critbox reduction.

Mercy got a second buff to her Ult while in meta.

Zen got an alternate fire and weapon spread buff.

Genji got a Dragonblade buff and fix while in meta. Also climb and attack buff.

So plenty of precedent to buff currently meta heroes.

Lucio was reworked, not a flat buff. Some even considered it a nerf.

Hog was not flat buffed. His hook cd was increased 33%, that's a huge nerf. Plus the drop distance. The spread decrease in no way made that a flat buff.

Winstons buffs made him meta, he was not a top 5 tourney pick before that buff. Same with zen.

Mercy is NOT meta.

There is very little precedent to buff a hero in as good a position as Dva is in. It's just not going to happen anytime soon