D.Va. DM should block hook

General Discussion
Probably not the first thread of the kind, but if Blizzards favorite is exempt from being nerfed without gaining something in return, at least add some more counters. D.Va's DM seems quite suited for the task, no ?
Edit: somehow this got posted in the wrong thread
̂
There goes the only counter to a D.va six stack in no limits.
02/28/2017 11:42 AMPosted by XodiaK

3x pharmacy combos
02/28/2017 11:42 AMPosted by XodiaK
6 Zaryas just gaining bubble charge for days?
6 stack meis being annoying or worse 6 stack syms?
Maybe I'm just awful with DVA's matrix, but I just practiced with the newly patched version in a custom match against a Roadhog team and it doesn't seem very different. Still having a hard time a) blocking the hook and b) blocking the shot that inevitably follows.
I'm interested in this idea. Would love to see them test it out.
It doesn't and should block anything that is returned to the player. Such as Roadhog hook, and Zenyatta Orb of Discord. His hook and chain wouldn't magically disappear then re-appear in his hand.
02/28/2017 11:53 AMPosted by skabuda
It doesn't and should block anything that is returned to the player. Such as Roadhog hook, and Zenyatta Orb of Discord. His hook and chain wouldn't magically disappear then re-appear in his hand.

Junkrat explodes his riptire and then magically apparates a new one on his back, i don't think this is much of an issue.
02/28/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Popo
Maybe I'm just awful with DVA's matrix, but I just practiced with the newly patched version in a custom match against a Roadhog team and it doesn't seem very different. Still having a hard time a) blocking the hook and b) blocking the shot that inevitably follows.

DM isnt meant to block the hook in any way. and roadhog is the one wich is allowed first to attack after he landed a hook. that is known and meant to be by blizzard.
Imagine following:
You are d.va. a teammate soldier gets hooked by enemy roadhog. you can now pop your DM behind your soldier, so he will now survive the point blank shot.
That is the change.
02/28/2017 11:53 AMPosted by skabuda

There's already a proper animation for that - when it hits something solid it bounces off and returns. Non-issue.
02/28/2017 12:00 PMPosted by The1stCrane
02/28/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Popo

DM isnt meant to block the hook in any way. and roadhog is the one wich is allowed first to attack after he landed a hook. that is known and meant to be by blizzard.
Imagine following:
You are d.va. a teammate soldier gets hooked by enemy roadhog. you can now pop your DM behind your soldier, so he will now survive the point blank shot.
That is the change.

Got it, got it. Thanks for clarifying. :)
well
i did the same post
it got downvoted to turtle heaven
soo
D. Va and Zarya on the same coordinated team basically shut down Roadhog now.
No. D.va is designed to save teammates from the hook combo in a more consistent way than Zarya can. That is what the DM change is for.
Why can it stop a bullet but not a chain?
02/28/2017 12:02 PMPosted by TurtleGod
well
i did the same post
it got downvoted to turtle heaven
soo

Yea, forum logic illudes me at times.
Seems to be a close race this time around.