Wintson's primal rage vs bastion

General Discussion
Winston's primal should be able to knock bastion out of turret mode since you don't do that much damage you just get shredded by bastion.

anyone else agree?
If Roadhog's hook and Reinhardts charge can do it, I don't see why Winston can't.
Agreed, His primal rage is designed at a disruption tool.
This I agree with so much!
It looks so sad watching Winston raging and swinging and doing nothing to a turreted Bastion. Not only does it not feel right, from a Balance perspective, it's just odd.
and make winston's lightning gun never have to reload <3
Yes, and why the hell is sentry mode bastion immune to knockbacks anyways?
RH ult, winston's ult, pharah's concussion and lucio boop do nothing to him.
Pleaseeeeeeeee let Winstons ULT (the thing he spends so much time charging and ends up getting very few, if any, kills on) knock a bastion out of sentry. I actually dont see an issue with this in terms of balance.
I wouldn't hate it if ANY boop knocked him out of it. Pharah boops. Lucio boops. Junkrat mines.
I'd say any knockback should do it if its going to be this potent.
And Ana shouldnt be able to sleep you through the duration... its crap!
I agree, no one can oppose this
03/01/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Tobuei
Winston's primal should be able to knock bastion out of turret mode since you don't do that much damage you just get shredded by bastion.

Yes, I strongly agree.

03/01/2017 07:53 PMPosted by demstouts
Yes, and why the hell is sentry mode bastion immune to knockbacks anyways?
RH ult, winston's ult, pharah's concussion and lucio boop do nothing to him.

Actually, that's a very good question. Wold being able to "move" him make the turret useless, or is it a cool way of countering one game mechanic with a tactical use of another?
03/01/2017 07:57 PMPosted by Deer

I can. The only thing that removes Bastion from sentry mode are stuns (like charge and hook).

There are lots of knockback effects and none of them affect Bastion in sentry. Winston's ult, Pharah's E, Junkrat's concussive grenade, Lucio's boop, etc. etc.

So from a mechanic standpoint they'd either have to super-nerf Bastion, or make a weird exception to an otherwise consistent rule.

Balance wise Bastion hard counters Winston, that's for sure, but it shouldn't take more than trying it once to realize jumping a Bastion (with ult or not) is stupid. Winston doesn't need to beat everyone in the game.
Sounds completely reasonable.
It's crazy how I was just thinking about this today. Good thread and I fully agree.
03/01/2017 08:01 PMPosted by FriendlyFire

I can. The only thing that removes Bastion from sentry mode are stuns (like charge and hook).

There are lots of knockback effects and none of them affect Bastion in sentry. Winston's ult, Pharah's E, Junkrat's concussive grenade, Lucio's boop, etc. etc.

So from a mechanic standpoint they'd either have to super-nerf Bastion, or make a weird exception to an otherwise consistent rule.

Balance wise Bastion hard counters Winston, that's for sure, but it shouldn't take more than trying it once to realize jumping a Bastion (with ult or not) is stupid. Winston doesn't need to beat everyone in the game.

The prevalence of Bastion literally removes Winston from the game. Could you name any other hero pair that so completely renders the others' entire kit useless with zero skill involved?
03/01/2017 08:01 PMPosted by FriendlyFire
Winston doesn't need to beat everyone in the game.

In the current state of the game Winston is already rather weak against half the roster. Having a character that hard-counters everything Winston does with no possible way to fight back is unnecessary.

I can.

Because Bastion is literally the only line of defense against a raging monkey.

Think about it. If you're in Overtime and if the point is left uncontested for even a fraction of a second it counts as a loss, how bull!@#$ would it be to just have a Winston ult and literally just knock everybody off the point for a free win?

You need somebody that can counter that kind of bull%^-*ery, and that's exactly what Bastion does.
I really like this idea. Not only does it give Winston MUCH more viability, but it would be a nice bastion counter, as he can pretty much turret his way through most of the existing ones
03/01/2017 08:07 PMPosted by Bhagwad

The prevalence of Bastion literally removes Winston from the game. Could you name any other hero pair that so completely renders the others' entire kit useless with zero skill involved?

Say that in a week or two. 24 hours after a big Bastion buff hit isn't a good time to make the evaluation.

On Monday Bastion was basically never picked and not an issue.

As for another example, what about Ana against every other hero? (hehehe...) But more seriously, Winston versus Genji.