Bye bye Rein?

General Discussion
So once Orisa becomes playable, can anyone see Rein being used less and less? She has a barrier at 900 health, but has a clip size of 200, so that makes up for lacking 1,100 health for barrier. Or what do y'all think would be the logic of picking rein over orisa
A moving rectangle is better than a stationary one
Some comps and locations might benefit from orisa, some rein, some both. Time will tell.
Rein ult is much better than Orisa's one.
Plus, random charge and fire strike kills are the best.
03/03/2017 10:31 AMPosted by cactuslovers
So once Orisa becomes playable, can anyone see Rein being used less and less? She has a barrier at 900 health, but has a clip size of 200, so that makes up for lacking 1,100 health for barrier. Or what do y'all think would be the logic of picking rein over orisa

No.

Lemme predict the coming competitive "meta".

Rein and Orisa are team tanks.
Healers = Ana/Mercy is most likely, due to invul during Rez making it much better.

That leaves DPS as the "flux" picks. We could see Hog in this spot, 76 for sure, Bastion is also very possible now. Any good DPS play works for the 5 and 6 spots though.

Just cause we have Orisa doesn't mean no Rein, it just means you'll face them BOTH now.
Orisa is a joke when compared to German Engineering. Rein is going nowhere in the meta but the new robo centaur may replace zarya.
People fail to admit but I agree.. it's not that she is better shield but all around she will be better: she can still shield (deploy on choke points for example), and then help with much better offensive options and CC.

This will make matches more dynamic more open and offensive. Of couse it's not the same shield but it will compensate in offense and better positioning. There will be no place for a static shield in what I'm calling "Overwatch 2.0".
Won't the just work well together? When Rein has to charge up his shield, Orisa can put hers up to help block at the choke. She can also help shield the backline from a flanking attempt w/o Rein having to move his shield.
NOBODY can replace Rein
*hysterical laugh*
Well she is basically the second true tank in the game besides Reinhardt so I think we will be seeing them switch from time to time.
Be prepared for an abundance of shields.
Lmao,you dream if you think Reingod is going to disappear anytime soon.
03/03/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Scorch
Orisa is a joke when compared to German Engineering. Rein is going nowhere in the meta but the new robo centaur may replace zarya.

Rein doesn't have anywhere he can go in the meta, except down. He's extremely over-represented because his utility could not, previously, be duplicated.
I think we'll see her picked alongside Rein, not in place of him. 2 shields are better than 1
Orisa has the potential to block a lot more damage than rein with that damage reducion buff (shield, buff, and shield again). That will be really good on defense, but not so much on attack because she can't move...
I think Orisa can replace rein in some defense maps, but by no means Orisa will replace rein in every situation.
03/03/2017 10:35 AMPosted by SerideL
A moving rectangle is better than a stationary one

I'll always love the short straight and simple obvious argument breakers like this one.
03/03/2017 10:31 AMPosted by cactuslovers

Assuming we don't enter a Rein+Orisa meta i'd argue that we'll see Orisa on defense /dive comps on attack while (and maybe KOTH?) Reinhardt will be the more standard offense slow pushing tank.

But mostly I imagine usually you'll see Orisa more than Rein because almost nobody wants to play rein and Orisa is more bareable to play as.
most competitive teams have two tanks.
03/03/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Nox
NOBODY can replace Rein
*hysterical laugh*
IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO?!