Make D.Va a main tank if not a bully

General Discussion
03/03/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
I have talked about D.Va changes in the past, but unfortunately it just isn't what people want to hear. I understand people are frustrated that she lost a bit of her 'bully' nature before, and really want to play her that way again. The reality is she was too good at too many things and something had to give.

I know that, given the choice, many people would sacrifice power from her tools like Defense Matrix if it allowed her to be played in a more super aggressive role like she did for a time. Overall the concept of a giant mech wreaking havok and dealing a ton of damage as an offense or defense hero is a cool one, but D.Va just isn't built for that. That said, clearly there is a strong desire for that kind of hero and it certainly would be sweet to make another mech-type hero in that space, so that's something for us to consider looking forward.

So if D.Va isnt supposed to be a bully like Winston make her a main tank like Rein(and Orisa?).
You wonder how that could be done?
Make DM actually useful like it was when D.Va first got her buff where u could toggle it multiple times and it would recharge quite fast.
Make using Defense Matrix possible more often or for longer periods of time.
When that update with Defense Matrix change first came out I was so happy as it meant D.Va could become a main tank like Reinhardt with the amount of damage she could absorb with Defense Matrix but then a nerf for it came even tho no one asked for it,no one complained about it.

If D.Va cant have her hp/armor fixed,make her Defense Matrix more useful.

Please, Blizzard do something.
Either fix her armor/hp problems, reduce her critbox like you did with Winston, or allow her to use more Defense Matrix like before.

I can already see Orisa becoming another hard counter for D.Va.
A huge rate of fire gun critting on that huge mech and if D.Va tries to boop her all she has to do is press Shift.
Oh and D.Va ultimate?
Just throw down that barrier and emote as D.Va wastes her ult.
Orisa's developer update Jeff Kaplan said
"We have heroes like D.Va and Winston who are much more disruptive in terms of tanking, they like to get in, they like to get out, they cause a lot of disruption and harassment"
Now another spokesperson of Overwatch says D.Va isnt supposed to be a bully.
Which is it?
03/03/2017 12:46 PMPosted by PG19
Orisa's developer update Jeff Kaplan said
"We have heroes like D.Va and Winston who are much more disruptive in terms of tanking, they like to get in, they like to get out, they cause a lot of disruption and harassment"
Now another spokesperson of Overwatch says D.Va isnt supposed to be a bully.
Which is it?

It seems like Geoff doesn't play her at all yet has a certain idea what D.Va is supposed to be even though it isn't working at all.
I'm sorry, but disrupting isn't the same as bullying.

Disrupting is diving behind, drawing attention away from a choke, and getting out. Whereas bulling is diving behind, drawing attention away from a choke, and killing the 2-3 enemies that came to deal with you, and capping.

That's the difference. Their statements aren't opposing. You just don't understand.
03/03/2017 12:55 PMPosted by skabuda

Disrupting is diving behind, drawing attention away from a choke, and getting out. Whereas bulling is diving behind, drawing attention away from a choke, and killing the 2-3 enemies that came to deal with you, and capping.

That's the difference. Their statements aren't opposing. You just don't understand.

D.Va can do the getting in but she often can't do the getting out.

distruption and harrassment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWqhXWRaMmU&t=15s
Watch this around 8:40 mark
Let her shoot while DM is up
Let her shoot while boosting

Now she is like Winston without more armor.

-or-

Increase DM pool
Let DM block out hooks and lasers

now she is like Reinhardt

It is not rocket science.
I agree. If DM is supposed to be her only role then I can live with that, but at least revert the nerf that prevented toggling. When DM is down the paper mech is done for.
03/03/2017 01:03 PMPosted by Oizen
Let her shoot while DM is up
Let her shoot while boosting

Now she is like Winston without more armor.

-or-

Increase DM pool
Let DM block out hooks and lasers

now she is like Reinhardt

It is not rocket science.

I'd love it if we knew her role, cause he still won't answer but he seems to suggest it is defensive, not aggressive.
Make her a defensive tank. Increase her dm so she can more easily protect supports etc. Im not talking about a small increase though, make it the main part of her kit rather not just a second ability. Tbh at this point id rather have a damage nerf or anything to compensate for a large dm buff. I main dva and rn theres no role for her, she has the kit to be a disrupter but can't do her job. And as seen in the comments, they don't won't her to be a disrupter so what is she. In order to give her a standard role that currently every hero in the game has, something in her kit has to be drastically changed and it honestly should be her dm.
03/03/2017 12:58 PMPosted by lalato

Oh right i just came to the realization that they also have an !@# backwards concept of disruption and harassment from the whole sombra thing where they think inconveniencing things for 5 seconds is just as good as actual flankers killing people forcing a 15 second respawn.
How nice that you deform what he said.

He said "lost a bit of her bully nature", as in, not all of it.

No where he say that DVA can't bully people around. Just that something had to give.

Otherwise we might as well just give roadhog cyber-agility and call it a day.

Get over it. Or keep crying, who cares anyways.
03/03/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Kayool
Make her a defensive tank. Increase her dm so she can more easily protect supports etc. Im not talking about a small increase though, make it the main part of her kit rather not just a second ability. Tbh at this point id rather have a damage nerf or anything to compensate for a large dm buff. I main dva and rn theres no role for her, she has the kit to be a disrupter but can't do her job. And as seen in the comments, they don't won't her to be a disrupter so what is she. In order to give her a standard role that currently every hero in the game has, something in her kit has to be drastically changed and it honestly should be her dm.

Agreed. I enjoy playing D.va as a bodyguard for my supports and other teammates more than I do getting frags with her, but her Defense Matrix isn't up for heavy-duty use like that.

Yes. Disruption and harrassment go hand in hand. It still isn't bullying, and pushing around.

Other examples of disruptors and harrassers? Tracer, Sombra, Winston (as mentioned), and D.Va (which is clearly not accepted). What's the common theme here? Mobility and low damage. More annoying than a real threat.

Examples of bullies, Roadhog, 76, I'd even say symettra at this point. Common theme, high damage (roadhog burst, 76/sym is more sustained), survival. Old D.Va also fit into this category.

I mean it's not hard to see if you look at things objectively instead of a bias. Don't get me wrong, I like D.Va, I play her fairly often. I played her A LOT season 3 because she was netting me great results, but that was due to her being hard to deal with.

Tracer , Sombra, Winston (as mentioned), and D.Va (which is clearly not accepted). What's the common theme here? Mobility and LOW damage. More annoying than a real threat.

Tracer low damage.
Okay.