Story Cancelled?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
03/06/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Tailand
03/06/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Dagoneth
Wasn't Ana's comic first comic released with her? I know she got two. But what would the comic about Orisa be about anyway? Doomfist is already gone, so maybe she teams up with Overwatch to track him down?

As for the leak, I kinda believe it as well, but I am wondering why its Mei they are focusing on, she already got the journals, which isn't much, but compared to Zenyatta, D.Va, Mercy, and Zarya, is still better than nothing. And it's already a story we know, it's strange they are still working on backstory at this point.

That said, I am still looking forward to it.
Well, the first comic released with Ana didn't give us new information, as what Ana described in her introduction video was simply put into comic form. The comic that drove the plot forward was Old Soldiers, which was released later on, and it showed Ana and Jack meeting again after her supposed death. I guess this time Chu didn't see a need to give Orisa backstory in comic form.

I think Mei was chosen because it's going to be released around the time of LNY. The leaker did give off that impression.

True, the first Ana comic was kinda pointless in my opinion, I think the short did a far better job at telling her backstory. I did like Orisa's short, but we do need a bit more than just backstory to push the story forward.

But LNY has already come and passed. I doubt they would cancel something that big.

Unless they are planning to make the next short about Doomfist instead because of how popular that notion became.
The animated short where Orisa squares off against Doomfist is no doubt still on its way.

It would be the weakest thing ever if they went through all of this trouble to introduce a little girl genius that builds a robot to defeat Doomfist with no cinematic of her actually defeating Doomfist.
03/06/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Dagoneth
But LNY has already come and passed. I doubt they would cancel something that big.

Unless they are planning to make the next short about Doomfist instead because of how popular that notion became.
I think they're delayed. Releasing a Mei short during LNY would have been the perfect timing.

From what I've heard there's 2 animation teams working on animations, and they alternate a release deadline of every 5 or so months. This is because cinematics take a really long time to make. The other team is likely working on something related to Doomfist.
03/06/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Destian
The animated short where Orisa squares off against Doomfist is no doubt still on its way.

It would be the weakest thing ever if they went through all of this trouble to introduce a little girl genius that builds a robot to defeat Doomfist with no cinematic of her actually defeating Doomfist.

03/06/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Tailand
03/06/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Dagoneth

I think they're delayed. Releasing a Mei short during LNY would have been the perfect timing.

From what I've heard there's 2 animation teams working on animations, and they alternate a release deadline of every 5 or so months. This is because cinematics take a really long time to make. The other team is likely working on something related to Doomfist.

Everyone was kinda waiting for the short to come out with Orisa, since the time between the Last Bastion and Inflirtation was about this long. I thought that the reason why all the tweets were in the present was because they were building it up to showing us Doomfist stealing the gauntlet, kinda dissapointed they just ended up having someone tell us about it happening, saying that "it happened" and then moving on.

My big gripe is that Orisa's story does not relate to any of the other characters. The writing keeps adding new plot lines without resolving anything. It's all introductions and no conclusions.

But I guess that we are due for a Backstory short, because we did get the Last Bastion.

5 months, wow, I am impressed that they are able to crank these things out with such speed. Most be backbreaking work from what little I know about animating.
Dunno if this has been said but I heard that Blizz was delayed in coming up with a short/comic but didn't want to delay the release just because of that. If that's the truth, then I 100% agree with them. Just like I agreed with them about not delaying a hero by a few days to a week for a sit emote.

I rather have a new hero ASAP, let them add the fluff later! :D
03/06/2017 01:46 PMPosted by BaByDoLL
Dunno if this has been said but I heard that Blizz was delayed in coming up with a short/comic but didn't want to delay the release just because of that. If that's the truth, then I 100% agree with them. Just like I agreed with them about not delaying a hero by a few days to a week for a sit emote.

I rather have a new hero ASAP, let them add the fluff later! :D

Where did you hear that? And I am not arguing to delay game content for lore, that is insane. My issue is that they would release lore as extra alongside the content, but they seem to have stopped doing that. If we shouldn't expect this in the future, then I would like to know.
Think of it as D.Va, Lucio, and others are. What I find is that if they aren't directly affiliated with Overwatch or Talon they seem to have a less deep story. We know more about the Overwatch heroes and Talon "villains" than we do about unaffiliated characters, it's a weird design choice at the moment and I'm sure we'll get more info later.
I have a dream

That Blizzard will throw the biggest curve ball

and Doomfist will be released tomorrow

along with an animated short.

:D
03/06/2017 02:05 PMPosted by GhostlyLure
Think of it as D.Va, Lucio, and others are. What I find is that if they aren't directly affiliated with Overwatch or Talon they seem to have a less deep story. We know more about the Overwatch heroes and Talon "villains" than we do about unaffiliated characters, it's a weird design choice at the moment and I'm sure we'll get more info later.

I think it's kind of inevitable that some characters get more attention than others. What concerns me is that a lot of the characters suddenly disappear to give others the spotlight, why not just have characters share the spotlight or have some becoming supporting cast after they have had their introduction.
What if Orisa is a temporary hero :O

OR-15 ----> OR15 ----> OR15A ----> ORISA :O
There will be a short coming, it will likely feature Doomfist and Lucio (guest starring Efi). As for a comic, comic artist sometimes don't meet their deadlines (usually due that annoying thing called life), not saying that is what happened but it's a possibility.
Hey everyone!

Like I said earlier, we have a lot in the works, with Orisa and her story being the first release of the year. One of our goals for 2017 is to try to have more frequent story-related updates and content, so we're very busy with that.

And a little something else is coming just around the corner, so look out for it!
Highly Rated
03/06/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Michael Chu
Hey everyone!

Like I said earlier, we have a lot in the works, with Orisa and her story being the first release of the year. One of our goals for 2017 is to try to have more frequent story-related updates and content, so we're very busy with that.

And a little something else is coming just around the corner, so look out for it!

DOUBLE HERO RELEASE CONFIRMED
Hey everyone!

Awesome! Thanks for the update.
Hey everyone!

Will we ever get a D.Va animation? Anytime soon?
Hey everyone!

Y'all are the best. Looking forward to what comes next!

Aw yea. Let the scavenger hunt begin!
Hey everyone!

Half-life 3 confirmed?

I don't suppose it might be Mei's cinematic short?