Character bios in heroes gallery

General Discussion
Highly Rated
I would love to see Blizzard adding character bios and lore into the hero gallery for each hero. I know the character bios are can be found on the Overwatch website but you know, it makes it more interesting if I could read up on the characters bios and lore when waiting for a game. It's also a good way to introduce new players to the lore and world of Overwatch and I think this addition would make Overwatch a great game as a whole. Cheers!! :)
Agreed. It'd be nice to see a brief explanation of a brief role/most valuable use for each hero worked into the description. E.g. widowmaker being used to take out stationary targets (turrets, bastion, etc.)
We're actively working on getting character biographies and story information displayed in-game. We have some different ideas about how to do this, and you'll probably see the results rolling out little by little in future patches. Ideally, we'd love for you to be able to get most of this information in the game, so it's something we'll continue to work towards.
03/09/2017 04:14 PMPosted by Michael Chu
We're actively working on getting character biographies and story information displayed in-game. We have some different ideas about how to do this, and you'll probably see the results rolling out little by little in future patches. Ideally, we'd love for you to be able to get most of this information in the game, so it's something we'll continue to work towards.
This would be cool to see and it would definitely get a lot more people into the lore.

Hizzah

Look at my name. I'm the younger one.

When are you gonna announce my romantic relationship with Mercy to everybody?

I hope we get a lot of stuff like weapon codexs and location info as well

Does this mean we will be able to watch the animated shorts in-game instead of on youtube??

ty! plz add all cinematics in the console version of the game so we can watch it on big screen TV :)

You can do it the same way it's done in fighting games: full name, height, weight, blood type, hobbies, favourite type of food, likes, dislikes etc.
Finally I'll be able to learn a story.
Also, I think that would be extremely great if we would get access to video shorts and comics in game in future (in long future - I know it might be difficult but it's part of a story).

Anyway it's good to hear that story will be available in game.

Edit:
P.S. Pls don't make comics in a same format as in website. It basically shows whole forum page with small comic book inside. I read last comic with my face sticking to the monitor. Anyway it might be better to display 1 page instead of 2 to make it easier to read (similar to reading book).
great idea

Michael Chu, I challenge you to make an Overwatch themed poem! Do you accept?

Love it!!! The backstories are so well done. Thank you!!!
It would be awesome if it was unlock-able content... like each time you level-up, you get a little more information on the characters. It would add another incentive to the current players while avoiding over bogging down new players just starting out in the game.

You could have a space in the menu that says "Story" which could contain all the animated shorts, comics, and future ARGs.
cool! I wonder if we could get links to their corresponding media featuring them (for example reflections for tracer, recall for winston etc)
03/09/2017 04:29 PMPosted by ThisIsMyName

You could have a space in the menu that says "Story" which could contain all the animated shorts, comics, and future ARGs.
aww beat me by 40 seconds

Hero gallery has so much space on the right hand side for a box full of character info and lore. I would love to see this added in!

I'd love if you could show character stats in the hero gallery first. Why should I go to the wiki to look at a character's health and basic attack damage, etc?