10 Placement matches won = Bronze

Competitive Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
Come on now Blizzard!

This is getting ridiculous.
Me and many others, won all of their Placement matches and got placed in Bronze (1471). That's simply broken. However, one of my friends that used to be Diamond in Season 3, only won 5 matches and got placed in high Platinum.

This is so unfair and broken.
New season = Complete reset. This is what we want.
The new server browser was cool and all, but it should not be
prioritized over Competitive Matchmaking.

Well, I'm done playing Overwatch for a while.

EDIT: I was low Silver in S3
EDIT 2: If you click on my profile image, you will see old stats. Instead, follow this link:
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/eu/troffaholic-2229
Highly Rated
You won 10 games against other bronze/silver players. How does that quantify, at all, that you deserve to be in a higher rank? And looking at your stats, such as your average 1.5 kdr against said players, I'd say you belong there.
Highly Rated
Well, if you're winning against people who were also bronze last season then it would be weird to toss you farther up.

NOW, what's hilarious is our buddy for season 2 was low gold and stacked with us with mid diamond accounts and high plat and we played other people in high plat/diamond. And so he was from super low gold beating diamond and plat players a very important part of the team... and we went like 7-1-2

Then he got BARELY above silver, just like 30 sr into gold.

LOL

Now THAT is a bit of a problem.
Highly Rated
03/01/2017 03:20 AMPosted by Ironmonkey
You won 10 games against other bronze/silver players. How does that quantify, at all, that you deserve to be in a higher rank? And looking at your stats, such as your average 1.5 kdr against said players, I'd say you belong there.

I dont know what world you live in, but it would seem that winning 100% ratio against people in your same rank, would probably mean you dont belong in that rank..

This season, I have an a K/D ratio of over 5.
With Roadhog I have 6.33. Also, who says I'm playing Bronze/Silver players?
And even if I am, it's not much of an argument. The question just is: then why am I still playing Bronze/Silver players? If I win my first 9 games, shouldn't the game let me play against other people that won their first 9 games as well (Those are probably not Bronze/Silver players)?
03/01/2017 03:20 AMPosted by HorsesEatMan
Well, if you're winning against people who were also bronze last season then it would be weird to toss you farther up.

NOW, what's hilarious is our buddy for season 2 was low gold and stacked with us with mid diamond accounts and high plat and we played other people in high plat/diamond. And so he was from super low gold beating diamond and plat players a very important part of the team... and we went like 7-1-2

Then he got BARELY above silver, just like 30 sr into gold.

LOL

Now THAT is a bit of a problem.
Literally though, I was silver last season grouped with high golds + plats win 7 lose 2 draw 1 and get bronze.
03/01/2017 03:20 AMPosted by HorsesEatMan

Isn't the entire point of a new season to give you a fresh start? A complete reboot?
To let you show your potential and get ranked from it. The game shouldn't be looking at my previous seasons. I've been here since before Season 1. I've learnt a lot since then. Now my early stats from when I was learning the game should effect my current rating?

So what you are saying is, you should be ranked according to how good/bad you used to be, not how good you currently are?
Your not ranked on how bad you used to be.

Your scaled against how bad you last were (end of last season).

Calm down and don't tilt. Think of it as a huge MMR boost going forward.
03/01/2017 03:39 AMPosted by Fershizzy
Your not ranked on how bad you used to be.

Your scaled against how bad you last were (end of last season).

Not true. I'm scaled against what rank I was at the end of last season.
And I was stuck in Silver with Russian teammates leaving and going only DPS.

And the thing is, the only reason why this is a problem, is that I'm not alone. There are other people experiencing this. And it's easy for people that are not to just laugh at us because it never happened to them.

For sure it doesnt means that he deserve a lower rank tho.They are at least meaningless if these things happen.What he should have done,win my placements too?
03/01/2017 03:14 AMPosted by troffaholic
Me and many others, won all of their Placement matches and got placed in Bronze (1471). That's simply broken. However, one of my friends that used to be Diamond in Season 3, only won 5 matches and got placed in high Platinum.
You played 10 matches with Bronze players = almost gold , 1 game away. Means you are clearly better than the majority of the players in that rank , so you are closer to the high end of bronze. YOur friend was Diamond , lost many games in his placements against other Diamond level players. He dropped down a rank , because he was not on the same level as the other diamonds. Placement matches are for determining WHERE in your previous' season rank,or close near it, you start , it's not a clean start. Never was.
03/01/2017 03:55 AMPosted by Baxter
Placement matches are for determining WHERE in your previous' season rank,or close near it, you start , it's not a clean start. Never was.

Well it should be! That should be the entire point of a new season. I don't see what other purpose it would serve. I just don't. Then it would just be hiding your rank for 10 matches and then after that let you look at it again.

If you get stuck in Bronze, what are you possibly going to do?
In my opinion, this is a no-brainer. I really like the idea of a reset every now and then but this isn't a reset. It's just an excuse from Blizzard so that they can trick people into getting excited for something new. But it's the same thing, just with a week's pause in between.
Almost looks like, the best case scenario for placement matches (win 10/10) is to STAY at your rank. Every result less than that will put you on a lower rank.

What a system, guys, its brilliant!
03/01/2017 04:07 AMPosted by Stue
Almost looks like, the best case scenario for placement matches (win 10/10) is to STAY at your rank. Every result less than that will put you on a lower rank.

What a system, guys, its brilliant!

We'll in my case, I won all my games and even lost ~200 SR.
Agreed, !@#$ing genius system.
7 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Accuracy 40+%. Gold medals everywhere. Lots of work done. 1908 silver. All of this is based on season 2 where I did placements quickly and didn't care just to get the player icon because I didn't want to play the season.
[quote="207519577802"]And the thing is, the only reason why this is a problem, is that I'm not alone. There are other people experiencing this. And it's easy for people that are not to just laugh at us because it never happened to them.

Exactly.