Anybody else feel like Orisa is hurting the game?

General Discussion
I'm not going to go on a rant about her being underpowered or overpowered. It's only been one day and I can't really tell. What's bothering me is what she brings to the game - another shield that I have to counter.

The shield isn't necessarily OP, but I really hate having it in the game. I like Reinhardt's shield and even Symmetra's shield is kind of fun. But sticking down another big shield that takes a decent amount of effort to destroy and a long time to wait it out makes the game just a little more boring. Not surprisingly she was in every game I played last night and that shield was a noticeable buzzkill in each game.

The good news is that she makes Sombra much more valuable. I want her to get a little more love.
It's too early to judge her or her influence on the game. Be a little patient, cupcake.
While a new shield to get around is a bit of a hassle, it's stationary and can't be moved until Orisa can deploy another one, give her a bit of time on live to see how things play out
If they keep releasing barrier heroes, Blizzard is going to end up needing to make a hero that can surpass barriers. One Sombra ain't going to be enough.

But as of right now, I say we wait before we make opinions of Orisa. Or barriers in general.
let bastion fly already
03/22/2017 06:53 AMPosted by Beetle
If they keep releasing barrier heroes, Blizzard is going to end up needing to make a hero that can surpass barriers. One Sombra ain't going to be enough.

But as of right now, I say we wait before we make opinions of Orisa. Or barriers in general.

this is the annoying fallacy thats everywhere on the forums about sombra and barrierwatch. sombras emp just removes sheilds, but, THE TEAM MUST FOLLOW UP

if your wishing for a new barrier-buster hero right now, theres plenty already. the more you tell sombra to KYS, though, the longer you push out the hero you should be literally asking for
I played Orisa yesterday, and probably the most annoying thing was fighting another Orisa. You're both just shooting at each other's shield, and then you put your damage reduction on, and then shield again, repeat.

It was a very cringe-y experience.
Sombra
Bastion
Junkrat
Roadhog alt fire
S76

There exists a variety of options to deal with barriers already
Hurt the game? Wut. It's like everytime a new hero is release, there will be people who are like "I love this game, I care for it, I wonder if xxx will hurt it pls don't hurt it".
Wow just chill. Orisa is already pretty weak, compared to other tanks. Did you even try her in PTR or now. Pretty sure Blizzard didn't want to overtune her at the start of her release, like Sombra.
I've had lota of fun pushing groups through thier Orisas shield with pharahs concussive blast.

Its stationary, if theres no way around it then the team with it isnt exactly in the best spot.
03/22/2017 06:49 AMPosted by crocodog
It's too early to judge her or her influence on the game. Be a little patient, cupcake.

He's merley expressing his opinion & hes allowed to do that "cupcake"

On topic i feel the game is kinda like a spam of shields atm. But ive found sombra to be the cure which im super excited about.
03/22/2017 07:00 AMPosted by Essence

On topic i feel the game is kinda like a spam of shields atm. But ive found sombra to be the cure which im super excited about.

Me too. I really want to get good as Sombra and this will give me the motivation to finally giver her a try.
If you hate shields get a bastion and sombra on your team to burn through and also deny shields.

Also have soldier just for his basic raw damage
The shields aren't impassible. That's not the problem. A good team can counter the shields with little problem. I just find that to be a tad boring and that's not something I've ever said about this game. I still feel it's the best game I ever played, it's just that I'm worried that it won't be quite as fun. This shield just moves the needle a tad to the bad side.
At the moment it feels okay having Orisa's barrier in the game. It does slow the game down a bit but not by too much.

It's really too soon to tell. Maybe after another month or so. I tested her on the PTR for several hours and the Orisa players I saw on the first day were not using her kit right yet- rookie new hero kind of mistakes. Definitely still a learning curve for the community out there. We shall see.
03/22/2017 06:56 AMPosted by TasteHorror
I played Orisa yesterday, and probably the most annoying thing was fighting another Orisa. You're both just shooting at each other's shield, and then you put your damage reduction on, and then shield again, repeat.

It was a very cringe-y experience.

try that with 12 orisas. lulz.
03/22/2017 07:00 AMPosted by Essence
03/22/2017 06:49 AMPosted by crocodog

He's merley expressing his opinion & hes allowed to do that "cupcake"

1. Who's merley? XD

2. Of course he's allowed to do that. But I think it doesn't make much sense to form an opinion on a character that's been live for less than 24 hours, with everyone trying her out in QP and arcade, not being available in comp for another week etc etc... Also, I don't know about the other platforms, but on EU PS4, the game was extremely laggy yesterday due to so many people playing (had no longer queue times than 2 seconds on QP) and the maintenance stuff.
Shield's cooldown might be too low. Every game she's spamming it over and over.
Idk, yea shes in every game now but thats to be expected. I had a lot of fun countering a 6 stack orissa team with pharah. Team kills for days.
Funny thing is, Sombra cant destroy shields right now because of a glitch.