Is Ana really that big of deal?

General Discussion
I mean, really?
Really.
Since she was release, all meta revolve around her.
Best HPS outside of Zen's ult
Best utility
Best burst healing
Best single target CC

Amazing ult

No awkward swaps between dealing damage and healing

2 unique things wrapped into one skill
It's not Ana that's the big deal, it's the fact people feel Ana is getting attention that they want D.Va to get who doesn't need it.
03/08/2017 09:29 PMPosted by MofoMan2000
It's not Ana that's the big deal, it's the fact people feel Ana is getting attention that they want D.Va to get who doesn't need it.

Exaaactly. Dva mains will find any excuse to whine about something it seems
03/08/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Ceratisa
Best utility
Best burst healing
Best single target CC

Amazing ult

A mez is not CC
She is.

Because of her core healing from her gun

So lets nerf everything else slowly.

Until she's no longer fun.

And "balanced".
03/08/2017 09:31 PMPosted by JewishMan
03/08/2017 09:27 PMPosted by Ceratisa
Best utility
Best burst healing
Best single target CC

Amazing ult

A mez is not CC

What's a mez?

Sleep dart is more often than not a free kill, if it lands. The slept player will 80% die.
03/08/2017 09:30 PMPosted by mk8000
03/08/2017 09:29 PMPosted by MofoMan2000

I love how Ana defenders keep trying to blame mercy and dva mains instead of admitting ana is a problem.
03/08/2017 09:32 PMPosted by Razeluxe
03/08/2017 09:31 PMPosted by JewishMan

A mez is not CC

What's a mez?

Sleep dart is more often than not a free kill, if it lands. The slept player will 80% die.

CC=stun doesn't break on damage

mez=stun, breaks on damage, usually lasts longer than a CC

Most of the time when sleeping someone, you are hitting a target that is out of position or a flanker(which is sort of a similar category) If a rein charges right into your team, and you land the sleep dart, there is punishment for that. Sleep dart requires aim, is a projectile, and has a medium/long cooldown(in comparison to other CC's ie Flash bomb and Hook)
03/08/2017 09:35 PMPosted by TheBadWulfe
03/08/2017 09:30 PMPosted by mk8000

I love how Ana defenders keep trying to blame mercy and dva mains instead of admitting ana is a problem.

Anyone who isn't blind should want both heros to be where they are strong and not too strong. IMO, DVA was perfect before her nerfs, and ana is just fine now. We already got a 50% nerf to the heal nade bonus healing, which was warranted. With the changes to the heal nade, it would make her survivability go way down. She has no mobility abilities and is most effective when in the middle of the fray. Zen is the only other healer that has no mobility abilities, but he also works best when at a medium to far distance from the fray, especially with the changes that they are putting up for him on the ptr.
03/08/2017 09:39 PMPosted by JewishMan

Where did you get this stupid !@#$ from?

People who played WoW and other MMOs know Sleep Dart would be called a CC.
Ana is the queen of heals, no one can touch her and her kit. There is no reason not to have an Ana on your team ever. She's that good and all other heroes can just exist in absentia for all Blizzard cares.
Short answer : yes
Long answer : she sure is
03/08/2017 09:44 PMPosted by JewishMan

Anyone who isn't blind should want both heros to be where they are strong and not too strong. IMO, DVA was perfect before her nerfs, and ana is just fine now. We already got a 50% nerf to the heal nade bonus healing, which was warranted. With the changes to the heal nade, it would make her survivability go way down. She has no mobility abilities and is most effective when in the middle of the fray. Zen is the only other healer that has no mobility abilities, but he also works best when at a medium to far distance from the fray, especially with the changes that they are putting up for him on the ptr.

You mean the changes they reverted?

And you live in a world where ana doesn't function at all distances? Or did I just imagine her hit scan scope?

And if they don't tank her survivability her healing needs to take a hit. She's too good.
03/08/2017 09:39 PMPosted by JewishMan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_(video_gaming)

The abilities include, but are not limited to:
Poison
Root/Snare
Movement speed debuffs
Knockback
Levitate
Direction changes
Fear/Stun/mesmerize
Silence
Disarm
Magic Immunity
Interrupt
Charm
Fear
Feign Death
Taunt
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm not saying she isn't a problem. I'm just commenting on the fact that while the devs try to figure out what to do with her, dva mains managed to wedge themselves in between an issue that doesn't involve dva at all. The devs are trying to figure Ana out without completely deleting her from the meta and Dva mains are acting like it's a personal attack against them for whatever reason.

Ana might still need a nerf but people who don't play her don't realize how big of a difference between 3 shotting a genji and 4 shotting a genji is. Or a Pharah. Or whoever. And also people seem to forget that Ana has been getting minor nerfs for a while now. Decreased time of effect for her nade. Decreased rate of healing increase from nade. All these things add up.
I play on console and never thought her rifle damage was too high. Her overpowered state comes from her anti heal and burst heal/ damage of her grenade.
I'm all up for nerfs but they have to address the real problem.

It's like reducing Roadhogs clipsize from 4 to 3 shots due his oneshot capability. It wouldn't solve the oneshots but would cripple him in his normal shootouts. This would make him playing less fun without increasing the fun of his oneshot victims.

My solution would be to debuff Ana's nade to 30 damage/ 50 heal like it was on ptr BUT reduce the anti heal to 50% instead of 100% and let her self heal and rifle damage untouched.

This would reduce her viability without touching her fun aspects of shooting enemies. More fun for her victims without reducing hers.
Why isn't a better approach to Ana to introduce counters to her kit rather than nerf the fun out of her? Sombra's hack and Widow's OHK can counter/punish her bad positioning. Why not introduce an ability to remove anti-heal/sleep status instead? This play/counter-play is a more interesting approach IMO.

I feel right now the community is out for blood against Ana to get any nerfs instead discussing what the real issues are and what can be done about it.