Can we please be able to ban heroes in Mystery 1v1s?

General Discussion
I absolutely despise Reaper 1v1s, and some people hate Bastion 1v1s, Torbjorn, whatever. Could it be an option to have both players get a list of the heroes, before the match starts, and have each player choose a number (maybe 1-3) of heroes that won't be randomly chosen? This way people don't have to play as heroes they don't like, or aren't good at, but limiting the 'ban' to one or two means that there is still a large pool. (If two 'bans' per player, and Lucio and Mercy are banned, that's still 17 heroes to play as, (number may change))
Some people are no good at some classes, the point of 1v1 or mystery heroes is random heroes being given, it is just luck.
wait for the server browser and you can set any limit you want. Well, I'm assuming you can do that, I haven't created any game on there
02/27/2017 06:08 PMPosted by XORNOB
I absolutely despise Reaper 1v1s, and some people hate Bastion 1v1s, Torbjorn, whatever. Could it be an option to have both players get a list of the heroes, before the match starts, and have each player choose a number (maybe 1-3) of heroes that won't be randomly chosen? This way people don't have to play as heroes they don't like, or aren't good at, but limiting the 'ban' to one or two means that there is still a large pool. (If two 'bans' per player, and Lucio and Mercy are banned, that's still 17 heroes to play as, (number may change))

The custom game browser will let you ban heroes from a 1v1 match. It's coming very soon!

We also have some plans to revisit our elimination modes (both 3v3 and 1v1) but that's a little ways out still. Thanks for the feedback.
I'm excited for custom browser. Thanks Papa Jeff!
Wow you are quick
02/27/2017 06:13 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

The custom game browser will let you ban heroes from a 1v1 match. It's coming very soon!

We also have some plans to revisit our elimination modes (both 3v3 and 1v1) but that's a little ways out still. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff! Let me wrestle with you on the topic of tomorrow's releases!!!

You've been teasing us quite a bit. No S4 announcements, screenshot teases for the next hero, the PTR being offline!

What's happening?

P.S. I'm SORRY to hijack this thread.

Please tell us season 4 changes
I'd like a 1v1 mode where you pick five Heroes, the opponent picks five Heroes, and then you fight using the Heroes you picked until one of you runs out.

Can we set time limits at the very start of the game? I mean waiting 30 seconds to choose one hero (One hero as only option) is kinda lame especially when you play the same game mode. Also waiting 1 minute in the spawn room doing nothing. (Especially the objective maps.)

So why do you guys seem so adamantly against releasing Doomfist as a playable hero?

I wonder if he is still at work or if he is at home.
02/27/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Bamboozaler

It's his post for today. He will not post anymore today. Enjoy.

Jeff! Please add this skin for D. Va!
https://i.imgur.com/v6bEfq0.png
02/27/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Dinko

Can we set time limits at the very start of the game? I mean waiting 30 seconds to choose one hero (One hero as only option) is kinda lame especially when you play the same game mode. Also waiting 1 minute in the spawn room doing nothing. (Especially the objective maps.)

You actually can change it
02/27/2017 06:27 PMPosted by Dinko
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's his post for today. He will not post anymore today. Enjoy.

What ? He usually replies to 3-5 threads when he comes here. Are you one of those (JEFF NEVR COMUNICATE CAUSE NO READ MY SUPER FACT OPINION THREAD XD) ?

But to be fair he's clocking out of work so probably the only thread of the day
02/27/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Tsukiko

Jeff! Please add this skin for D. Va!
https://i.imgur.com/v6bEfq0.png
Stop it!
inb4 anti-bastions thinking it'll do a difference asking Jeff not to release ptr

Hey Jeff. Have you ever had ideas for other possible 3v3 or 1v1 modes besides elimination? Whether it'd be something like a "Hold/Carry the Flag" mode or a "Find and collect X number of parts around the map before the other team." mode. I mean, it could be rather interesting to see 3v3 modes that deal with more than just elimination rounds.
02/27/2017 07:05 PMPosted by Ivander

Hey Jeff. Have you ever had ideas for other possible 3v3 or 1v1 modes besides elimination? Whether it'd be something like a "Hold/Carry the Flag" mode or a "Find and collect X number of parts around the map before the other team." mode. I mean, it could be rather interesting to see 3v3 modes that deal with more than just elimination rounds.

You could do that already with the server browser

You can have any # vs # on any of the modes