(PTR)Can the lucio AOE effect circle stay?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Highly Rated
Well atleast for the user? It reminds me of how lucio plays in HOTS, and helps give an idea for your positionning since you can actually see the radius of your buffs effects. It could be something you can toggle on and off in the character individual options like allies hp bar, toggle mercy beam, automatic wall running and etc.
Highly Rated
Not to mention it looks really !@#$ing cool while wall riding.
The particular visual effect that you see is temporary, just so you can see the new effective radius. That said, we're looking at getting a more permanent (and better looking) visual indicator at some point, and potentially making it an option to enable/disable.

We're also interested in hearing feedback on how it looks/feels when he is on your team. Is it too annoying? Do you care enough about his radius to be seeing it all the time? Would it be better if you only saw it when you were fairly close to it?
Highly Rated
03/17/2017 07:10 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
The particular visual effect that you see is temporary, just so you can see the new effective radius. That said, we're looking at getting a more permanent (and better looking) visual indicator at some point, and potentially making it an option to enable/disable.

We're also interested in hearing feedback on how it looks/feels when he is on your team. Is it too annoying? Do you care enough about his radius to be seeing it all the time? Would it be better if you only saw it when you were fairly close to it?

After playing a few matches as Lucio and with a Lucio on PTR, it seems fine.
Highly Rated
I personally like the visual effect like it is on HOTS. I think it helps teammates know if they are going to get healed or speed boosted easier.
Highly Rated

I love the new effect! Now I know where to stand when i need healing.
Highly Rated

As the Lucio player, I feel like constantly seeing the aura will be a huge help. It helps with your spacing and positional awareness. You can hug behind the team *just* enough so the outer edge can heal your tank at the choke while you are hanging back in cover. The visual aid also helps you see *who* actually is receiving the benefits. Seeing a 3 or 4 pop up doesn't really tell you who is in or out of the radius, but seeing them in that glowing circle? Perfect.

I think teammates should see the aura faintly from a distance, like a transparency effect. Then have it get more and more solid the closer they get to it's radius.
Highly Rated

Oh my god, I want to see it all the time

I want to see that circle from so far away that I can jump off the moon and land in it if need be

It is the exact opposite of annoying. Its comferting because it gives me a rough Idea of where my teams support is without actually needing to tail him myself.

I care IMMENSELY and want to see it even in my dreams.

This might come off as a silly post but I am 100% serious. This is the best QOL change you have literally ever put in this game.
Highly Rated

Improve it later, but for now it wouldn't hurt to give players an on/off option in the menu. I like it even if it is simple looking and sometimes simple is fine.

I hope the visual effect stays. I personally like it. All the healers have definite visual ques to who they are healing. EX: Mercy beam, Ana shot, Zen orb. It could help lucio players be more effective with their positioning, especially at lower levels of play. Maybe a setting could be implemented to toggle it on and off as per player preference.
Maybe have it so like your allies are highlighted either green or yellow depending on the song when they are near you. Similar to when you see an enemy with red highlighted around them.
Also the visual affect you guys are currently implementing is fine too, I think it helps to see how far the effect is reaching.

This would make the adjustment much easier to handle.
I really like the current iteration of the effect. It is rather simplistic but also gets the point across of "stand here to die less quickly." If it was fancier I doubt I would like it as much. Take this version and make it a toggle-able option (default off) and I say it would be perfect.

please also fix other visuals to make it so that you see them better like zenyatta's healing orb and widowmaker's venom mine
So, you say that what we see is temporary, does that mean it'll stay until you get the better one, or will it be removed until the newer one is added in?
I agree, when i played HoTS as Lucio it was immensely helpfull, so much that i wanted the aura circle in Overwatch
Just an idea, but what if when lucio amps it up the radius of his effect grows to like 15m from 10m. It sounds cool to me because its only for like 3 seconds.
Seriously, this is something that needs to be kept.

I don't have to be on PTR to know that I'd like for it to be visible. I'd want it. If you want you could just make it an option to turn on and off.

Being unable to see how far my ability reached was actually one of the one few things I disliked about the Aura for Lucio.

Sure before it didn't matter to see it when it had a bigger radius but I still wanted to see my aura range.
agreed