Great. ANOTHER tank with shields and damage resist

General Discussion
03/02/2017 03:23 PMPosted by GreenBastard
How will Roadhog insta-gibb her all you have to do is hit shift just before you get hook and you won't die or better yet just put down a shield to block the hook. I have no issues blocking Roadhog hooks with Winston's barrier the only problem with Winston is that he is a close range character that has low damage. Orisa on the other hand is a good medium-long range character that can take out Roadhog from a distance can can put up a shield to block his hook and his right click shots.
I could just as easily say that about every hero against Roadhog.

All I have to do is Guardian Angel to my teammate right when he uses his hook to dodge it!

All I have to do is grapple out of the way to dodge it!

All I have to do is... and so on, and so forth, and blah blah blah.

Get caught by hook, get dead.

Roadhog: 1
Orisa: 0

Or hell, with the spread reduction changes, get shot twice, get dead.

Roadhog: 2
Orisa: 0
How do people reach the rank you have and still be this blind and dumb at the game?

"Man, why does Blizzard release a tank....that can tank!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

....learn to freaking aim, you haven't learned how to do that after reaching 5 stars and 3k+ ranking? There's a barrier? Find a way around it or shoot it and weaken it. How about you try THAT instead of instantly coming here to the forums and cry?
OP is right, no matter the downvotes.
And that's pretty much the reason why the meta was 4 tanks based.
03/02/2017 03:01 PMPosted by FemboyJessie
03/02/2017 01:42 PMPosted by Glace
Ana's the problem, not the tanks.

When Mercy's 60hps was the biggest single-target heal, tanks weren't a problem. They were... tankier heroes.
Now with Ana's 140hps (with biotic)(lol more than 2x mercy), tanks are unstoppable killing machines.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

And these idiots at Blizz refuse to admit that Ana was a mistake, nor will they change her in any meaningful way.
If we can't go back to the days before Ana, then we need some buffed damage.

problem is guys ana is a skillshot healer and requires more skill then the others. if you completely nerf her why would anyone pick her as skill needed and risks wouldnt pay off

People still pick Zen for his damage and utility even though his healing gap from Mercy is comparable to Mercy's gap from Ana. I'd be willing to bet that Ana would see use for sleep and anti-heal even with no healing whatsoever. That's two unique abilities, while Lucio is a must pick with only one unique ability.
03/02/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Myope

And again and again I see the argument that "tanks are supposed to be defensive". Yet when you toss out the fact that they also aren't supposed to crank out damage; they plug their ears and downvote. No reply, no argument, just a downvote.
03/02/2017 01:41 PMPosted by SojuFett
03/02/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Ceratisa
Tanks should probably mitigate damage in some fashion..

As well as not dish out immense damage.

Edit: Lol. Love the dislikes. Truth hurts.

Not as much as your delusion m8.
03/02/2017 03:01 PMPosted by FemboyJessie
03/02/2017 01:42 PMPosted by Glace
Ana's the problem, not the tanks.

When Mercy's 60hps was the biggest single-target heal, tanks weren't a problem. They were... tankier heroes.
Now with Ana's 140hps (with biotic)(lol more than 2x mercy), tanks are unstoppable killing machines.

03/02/2017 02:15 PMPosted by Zremoff

And these idiots at Blizz refuse to admit that Ana was a mistake, nor will they change her in any meaningful way.
If we can't go back to the days before Ana, then we need some buffed damage.

problem is guys ana is a skillshot healer and requires more skill then the others. if you completely nerf her why would anyone pick her as skill needed and risks wouldnt pay off

Tank meta didn't arise because it was "difficult" for ana to shoot them, tank meta arose because they're all huge targets that even Stevie Wonder would manage to hit.
I think she is a lot of fun and will be a nice addition to the tanks. My only problem is she deals a bit too much damage. Tanks shouldn't deal lots of damage, they should do enough to be able to defend themselves if needed but not rival offense characters.
Orisa is a low mobility tank, even Reinhardt has more mobility then her. Her gun is pretty absurd, given that its pre-change Bastion sentry gun only with a lower rate of fire, projectiles instead of hitscan, and fixed spread.
03/02/2017 03:38 PMPosted by Beartornado
03/02/2017 01:41 PMPosted by SojuFett
As well as not dish out immense damage.

Edit: Lol. Love the dislikes. Truth hurts.

Not as much as your delusion m8.

How so? You don't think they do a lot of damage? Has that not been the very definition of tanks since the dawn of video games?
03/02/2017 03:37 PMPosted by SojuFett
03/02/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Myope

And again and again I see the argument that "tanks are supposed to be defensive". Yet when you toss out the fact that they also aren't supposed to crank out damage; they plug their ears and downvote. No reply, no argument, just a downvote.

If a tank can bring a big amount of damages and also have a far better resistance and better utilities, there is absolutely no logical reason to play offense characters over tanks.

Why should someone pick McCree, who had damages falloff starting at 22 meters and 200hp, over Roadhog who can hook at a 20 meters range and oneshot pretty much any none tank? Why should you pick S76 over Zarya?

Tanks bring too much damages compared to their resistance and utilities. The best way to counter a tank is another tank. Offense and defense characters are too weak to deal with them. Even S76, who is considered by many people here as "OP", has been removed from the meta, Zarya replaced him in the 4 tanks meta.

I don't care if tanks bring damages. But if they have to bring damages then offense and defense heroes should be able to take them down a lot faster. They cannot and they are useless right now.
Hold on, aren't tanks meant to have some ways of defending themselves and others? What am I reading here>?
Can we make Sombra more of a tank killer?
Tanks are meant to be reasonably killable once their shields are depleted.

Thanks to Supreme Queen of Overwatch,it will never be the case.
03/02/2017 02:56 PMPosted by BaboonSlayer
"Oh great, finally another hero that can fill Reinhardt's necessary role without actually having to be Reinhardt"

She wont replace rein. Sure, she can do his job in a pinch, but her shield (and herself) simply do not have the same sustainability as rein