D.Va Critbox Change

General Discussion
Let me just cut to the chase.
I think D.Va's critbox should be changed.
Right now, her critbox is the entire center of the mech. Now, the center of the mech is where almost all of your bullets are going to be hitting. So essentially, it is easier to hit the critbox than it is to hit anywhere else. That means that you actually land more critical hits than normal hits, and it just makes no sense whatsoever.

So, I think that her critbox should be moved. The question is, where?
Well, if you look at D.Va's mech then you might notice a massive flaw in its design: D.Va's arms are sticking out of the mech and are completely exposed. D.Va's mech is controlled almost entirely using her hands, so that is a pretty big design flaw in the mech.
As such, I think that it would make perfect sense for her critbox to be located at her exposed arms rather than the center of the mech.
It would be harder to hit the critbox, and would give D.Va a much-needed change to her sustainability.

Tell me what you think.

winky face ;)
reaper would lose what viability he had again that's what would happen.
03/13/2017 12:34 PMPosted by Terranguard

That's a different topic entirely. I'm just talking about D.Va.
03/13/2017 12:36 PMPosted by Vampragon43

yes and D.va would just be a big ball of armor for him, if he aims for the arms his high spread misses half the pellets, center of mass is the only target for him.

you can't say we can't talk about how she would murder Reaper super hard if she were buffed, it doesn't only effect her.
Everyone seems to know this but Blizzard.
03/13/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Vampragon43
Right now, her critbox is the entire center of the mech. Now, the center of the mech is where almost all of your bullets are going to be hitting. So essentially, it is easier to hit the critbox than it is to hit anywhere else. That means that you actually land more critical hits than normal hits, and it just makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, if you look at D.Va's mech then you might notice a massive flaw in its design: D.Va's arms are sticking out of the mech and are completely exposed. D.Va's mech is controlled almost entirely using her hands, so that is a pretty big design flaw in the mech.
As such, I think that it would make perfect sense for her critbox to be located at her exposed arms rather than the center of the mech.
It would be harder to hit the critbox, and would give D.Va a much-needed change to her sustainability.

Tell me what you think.

winky face ;)
I think she has a appropriate size hitbox when compared to winston and the new orisa
<span class="truncated">...</span>
yes and D.va would just be a big ball of armor for him, if he aims for the arms his high spread misses half the pellets, center of mass is the only target for him.

you can't say we can't talk about how she would murder Reaper super hard if she were buffed, it doesn't only effect her.

Reaper wasn't made viable by her nerfs, buffing D.va isn't going to change that. If you want Reaper to be viable then buff Reaper. (note that I do want him to be viable) Don't however expect every hero to be kept down in order to keep Reaper in some quasi state of viability.

As if reapy had any viability.
03/13/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Roks

Tell me what you think.

winky face ;)
I think she has a appropriate size hitbox when compared to winston and the new orisa

The difference is that those critboxes are actually located at the head, not at the chest. Bullets are always hitting the chest, but they are not always hitting the head.
03/13/2017 12:38 PMPosted by Terranguard

We all know that Reaper needs to be buffed. But that, like I said is a different topic. So, I've just made a post about it if you want to read it.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753656408#1
Her defence matrix protects her head anyways

Reaper isnt even great vs most of the cast. Most of the time you will be better to take hog over a reaper because his kit work better.
This has been requested for a long time, but they went and gave a 15%% reduction to Winston.
03/16/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Vampragon43
03/13/2017 12:38 PMPosted by Terranguard

We all know that Reaper needs to be buffed. But that, like I said is a different topic. So, I've just made a post about it if you want to read it.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753656408#1
dealing 2-7 per pellet gets it reduced by 50% instead of 5 (damage under 10 is halved instead of only removing 5) that'll make it even harder for him to kill her.
03/16/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Lucio
Her defence matrix protects her head anyways

Hmm, by that logic we should make the front of Reinhardt's armor a critical hit zone since "his shield protects his front anyway".
03/16/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Terranguard
dealing 2-7 per pellet gets it reduced by 50% instead of 5 (damage under 10 is halved instead of only removing 5) that'll make it even harder for him to kill her.

Yeah he does 140 DPS without crits on the armor layer.

Which means he would aim a little lower then center mass (where the arms are just below the window) and he would still be able to crit roughly 30-40% of the pellets.

Moving the critbox to where it is not so easy to score criticals is a pretty hefty nerf for Reaper. He goes from 360 DPS on the armor layer to 140 DPS.

Which is fine, Armor is designed to counter pellet shotguns. It would just mean that if they really wanted reaper to be anti-tank class they would give him a slug based alt fire for dealing with high armor. Cause high single shot damage is how you beat armor.

For the record, unless that slug had some pretty massive damage fall off rate it has the potential to turn Reaper into a better McCree when it comes to just gun sniping. Cause it would need to be able to beat 140 DPS to be useable over just using the primary fire. Aka OP. May be better off putting in a character built around countering armor tanks instead.
The problem I have with this is it only effects lower levels, and even then that is a small effect. I say this because in order for D.Va to fight, she has to be in your face. So you have a huge, slow moving, extremely low damage output character lumbering in front of you... Do you really think people are going to miss that critbox?

Basically, a change like this only really effects lower levels, and even then the effect is limited. It also effects Hog a little because less scrap will do crits to her, but again that is very small. For higher levels, a change like this would not mean much at all besides her taking a little less crit damage at long distances. Thing is, that isn't why she is so bad right now and why people are upset. The problem is she can't even do anything in the area she's supposed to be good in, and that is being in someone's face. The reason for that is her damage dealing capability is too low and her survivability is too low. Both of these things are much weaker than before they were buffed back in S2.

I know a small change like what you are suggesting aims to alleviate that, and I do see the logic, but the reality for a change like that for D.Va is that it really is almost nothing. This is why she always had a lot of armor. They balanced each other together, and with how you play D.Va, it made perfect sense from a game balance standpoint. But honestly, even if she still had her old post-buff HP, her current damage dealing capabilities would still be pretty problematic.
03/13/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Paragus
Everyone seems to know this but Blizzard.

Oh, don't tell me... Every time i see goodman's face i get a fury seizure.

Tell me what you think.

winky face ;)

well that might work and they should rework on the mech more to get her back on track to survive slightly long .. now she just felt weak to play .. she need that amour to 300 and 300 health or they can bring her back to 300 /200 just like when she was in season 1 .
Just give it a 15% volume reduction exactly like winston. It'll still be bigger than his, but she won't be so easy to demech that it's kind of stupid.