Getting a Draw is worst feeling in the world

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Edit: I forgot to mention this for some reason but the main reason I have a problem with draws is that the moment my teams realizes that is the best we are going to get a lot of people just give up and stop trying. I usually have to beg my team to keep giving it all. It is just so frustrating once you get to that point knowing that no matter how much better you do for the rest of the round the best you will get is nothing.

I would rather get waffle stomped than waste another 20 minutes of my life in a draw. Maybe it's just me but they seem to happen way too often. Attacker almost always has the advantage and with the new respawn delay for defenders its even easier now to push the attack. At least once a day I get a game where both teams just roll on through and then take the first point but don't have enough time to even attempt the second point and yawn another draw.

20 minutes of my life wasted with no gain or loss.

Ya ya I know, still got xp, I don't care, it feels horrible to fight so hard and the game basically says it was a wash. Why is this a thing, there are no ties in mainstream sports or any other competitive video game that I can think of. Why is it so rampant here?
Highly Rated
I will take a draw over a loss 10 times out of 10

To be fair, my time isn't particularly valuable. I'd just use it to play more overwatch anyway
I'm never going pro, I signed on to the game with the intent to waste time. Most of the time if I know a draw is the worst I can do, pressure's off. And then I usually play better anyways because of it.

So you play a game for the solo reason to see one stat going up which is your SR?
You are playing a video game and you are complaining about time of your life wasted. Is this a troll post or what?
Curious, do draws break losing streaks?
03/16/2017 01:06 PMPosted by HappyRogue
Curious, do draws break losing streaks?

I don't think they do. Wins barely do anything to losing streaks if they're too few and far in between tbh :/
I personally love to see a draw, even if we stomped the enemies at the beginning. Sometimes it's the feeling of a fair match where the teams are evenly good.
Sometimes it's the moment when we got stomped but saved ourself with a draw.

During solo queue, I had a ranked match that didn't turned out well. We weren't able to capture both points in Hanamura due to a bad team comp (me as a healer, 1 tank, rest dps. The tank got so tilted that he almost threw the match. However, we were able to communicate better and we were able to get a draw.
I was so happy with that result.
03/16/2017 12:59 PMPosted by RedPanda
I would rather get waffle stomped than waste another 20 minutes of my life in a draw. Maybe it's just me but they seem to happen way too often. Attacker almost always has the advantage and with the new respawn delay for defenders its even easier now to push the attack. At least once a day I get a game where both teams just roll on through and then take the first point but don't have enough time to even attempt the second point and yawn another draw.

Ya ya I know, still got xp, I don't care, it feels horrible to fight so hard and the game basically says it was a wash. Why is this a thing, there are no ties in mainstream sports or any other competitive video game that I can think of. Why is it so rampant here?

We have changes coming to the PTR very soon. These changes will greatly diminish the number of draws. More details inc. extremely soon.
I love draws they are so intense for round 3 and 4 and in that last round you know "yes its going to be a draw no sr loss today@!!!!"
03/16/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We have changes coming to the PTR very soon. These changes will greatly diminish the number of draws. More details inc. extremely soon.

ooooh yay
More details inc. extremely soon.

"Extremely soon" like "The reason I was here to see this post just now was because I was on my way to post about the PTR changes" soon? lol

"We've re-introduced the coin toss because the playerbase has come full circle and started complaining that draws are too unfair. We hope 3 months of coin toss reminds you of how bad it used to be and how pleasant draws are in comparison."

Nah but I look forward to seeing what you've got Jeff.

Is it extremely soon or extremely coming before the end of time?

what about capture the flag? Every game is a draw
03/16/2017 01:26 PMPosted by Beartornado

"We've re-introduced the coin toss because the playerbase has come full circle and started complaining that draws are too unfair. We hope 3 months of coin toss reminds you of how bad it used to be and how pleasant draws are in comparison."

Nah but I look forward to seeing what you've got Jeff.

wrestle with jeff prepare for death

Woot! :D
Maybe they're going to turn 2cp into a timer you have to run down instead of the circle

That way even if it's a draw, the team that got closest to capping wins

Can you give us an idea of these changes? Scoring changes, ruleset change, etc?

That's scarryyyy.

Incoming Stylosa video