Getting a Draw is worst feeling in the world

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
03/16/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Hecatomb
what about capture the flag?

We're also working on reducing Capture the Flag draws and elimination draws but those changes are further out.
03/16/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Koringul
To be fair, my time isn't particularly valuable. I'd just use it to play more overwatch anyway

lol 2 true
03/16/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
what about capture the flag? Every game is a draw

We're also working on reducing Capture the Flag draws and elimination draws but those changes are further out.

Wholly god. Two responses in a single post. Pinch me Jeff.
what about capture the flag? Every game is a draw

Aww yiss 2 replies. Thanks Jeff, I might be more inclined to play CTF if the games didn't feel so binary between stagnant draws or violent 1-sided stomps.
The only time I hate seeing a draw is when: Team Blue captures Point A in under a minute, but only captures 90% of point B. Team Red captures Point A on overtime, and doesn't come close to taking point B. Team Blue was clearly the better team, but it ends in a draw anyway.
thank you Jeff (and ur great team)
03/16/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
03/16/2017 12:59 PMPosted by RedPanda
I would rather get waffle stomped than waste another 20 minutes of my life in a draw. Maybe it's just me but they seem to happen way too often. Attacker almost always has the advantage and with the new respawn delay for defenders its even easier now to push the attack. At least once a day I get a game where both teams just roll on through and then take the first point but don't have enough time to even attempt the second point and yawn another draw.

20 minutes of my life wasted with no gain or loss.

Ya ya I know, still got xp, I don't care, it feels horrible to fight so hard and the game basically says it was a wash. Why is this a thing, there are no ties in mainstream sports or any other competitive video game that I can think of. Why is it so rampant here?

We have changes coming to the PTR very soon. These changes will greatly diminish the number of draws. More details inc. extremely soon.

Oh my goodness yes more PTR changes. That makes me really excited. I really hope there's some more hero balance stuff along with it.

Assuming soon means this is before the Orisa release anyways and not soon(tm). Heh
I definitely prefer a draw to a loss. But I can understand from a balance perspective why draws are undesirable.
Aww but i dont mind draws at all

i much rather have a draw than a loss any day.
what about capture the flag?

YAY!!! I hope this comes soon! I love cap the flag but draws in this mode make it very much less fun! So exciting. I was thinking about how this could be done and one of the ideas I thought would come to this mode is limit the amount of defensive players you can use in cap the flag.

I wonder what they have in the works! :) What are other peoples ideas to limit the amount of draws in cap the flag?
03/16/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
03/16/2017 12:59 PMPosted by RedPanda
I would rather get waffle stomped than waste another 20 minutes of my life in a draw. Maybe it's just me but they seem to happen way too often. Attacker almost always has the advantage and with the new respawn delay for defenders its even easier now to push the attack. At least once a day I get a game where both teams just roll on through and then take the first point but don't have enough time to even attempt the second point and yawn another draw.

20 minutes of my life wasted with no gain or loss.

Ya ya I know, still got xp, I don't care, it feels horrible to fight so hard and the game basically says it was a wash. Why is this a thing, there are no ties in mainstream sports or any other competitive video game that I can think of. Why is it so rampant here?

We have changes coming to the PTR very soon. These changes will greatly diminish the number of draws. More details inc. extremely soon.

Draws are honestly what has me not playing the mode that much - even though I love CTF. I've said this multiple times before during the Lunar New Year event: but I think they need to impliment some kind of elimination mode once we go into overtime to where the last person alive, or the first to cap, wins it for their team.

Draws are honestly what has me not playing the mode that much - even though I love CTF. I've said this multiple times before during the Lunar New Year event: but I think they need to impliment some kind of elimination mode once we go into overtime to where the last person alive, or the first to cap, wins it for their team.

O0o0oo I like that idea!!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I do have a simple idea for CTF. What you could do is not allow OT to tick down while tied. Once someone has score it'll start to tick down. And if it becomes a tie again during that period, the ticker will reset.
My main man ITT.
Draws seem to really set people off, but how often are you encountering them? I'm up to 163 matches so far in S4 but have only had 8 draws - 5%.

I've had more games wrecked by people leaving my teams. I'd vastly prefer to see that get fixed over draw situations. At least with draws, everybody on both sides tried.
Honestly surprised their isnt a pole system on this forums

i wonder how many people are actually bothered by draws.
Maybe I missed something, but I honestly thought losses were worse.
Games should never, ever, ever draw.

Give us one round of KotH to decide a victor. Problem solved.
03/16/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Koringul
I will take a draw over a loss 10 times out of 10

To be fair, my time isn't particularly valuable. I'd just use it to play more overwatch anyway

I agree.
My current win/lose is negative.
I win 1 game (I get that 1st win of the day bonus) and then the rest are loss after loss. I breath a sigh of relief if we do drawn because I'm so tired of losing. I have regulated myself to 10 games a day or less in fear of losing so much. They say there is a forced 50/50 but that seems very false in my case. I'm down 400 points from my season high. The lower you go BASTION BASTION BASTION ( still op on console). So yes I can see why some people hate draws but for those of us that seem to be on epic losing streaks a draw is much needed from time to time.
I think they should really temporarily take 2CP maps out of the rotation until they find away to incorporate 3 capture points and more flanking routes. Adding a flanking route to Eichenwalde couldn't hurt either.

Capture the flag, on the other hand, I feel is an issue because the whole game is very much balanced toward defense.