Why are Arcade Modes constantly removed?

General Discussion
Everytime we go through the same theme. During Winter Wonderland All Brawls was removed for Mei's Snowball Offensive, which annoyed a lot of people. Then when Oasis came out you made a playlist of only Oasis, but removed Mystery Heroes which made a lot more people mad. So because of that, you brought Mystery Heroes back, but removed 1v1 instead which made the 1v1 players mad. Then when Capture the Flag was released, All Brawls got removed again.

Blizzard, why is it everytime you make an Arcade mode, permanent or temporary, you remove the option to choose a certain mode? Why can't a second page be made to fit the buttons so nothing has to be removed? If not a second page, why can't the buttons be made smaller to fit more onto the Arcade page, because for God's sake Capture the Flag takes up a third of the page!
There are both a large amount of pros and cons for doing such a thing:

Pros -
. Game modes don't become stale
. Forces you to try out other modes to see if you enjoy them
. If all released game modes were playable at once, the que times would increase dramatically

Cons -
. Restrict player flexibility
. People could be put off with the game without their favouite arcade mode
. It can feel like the company doesn't care

However, with the release of the Server Browser, this is a much smaller problem. I understand if you want to play vanilla 1v1, and I agree that the non event arcade modes should always be avilable for people who want to play them, but the Sever Browser offers a much wider variaty of modes, with very low que times. It also gives you a lot of flexibility in your options. You could play a custom game you enjoy playing, and possibly wait for a few more poeple to join, or just hop right in a different one, and try it out.
Makes no sense AT ALL to remove non-seasonal modes. Mayb some of us dont WANT to play certain modes. Blizzard if you're going to make all these different great modes stick to your guns, don't removed them only to bring them back then remove something else. I used to enjoy FPS but not anymore, ty
You got the custom game browser, use it.

If it's a truly missed mode, then at least one person is going to be hosting a game running on it.

If you got a problem doing that much, then just admit that it isn't really about what arcade modes are available to everyone, and actually about which arcade modes will give you weekly rewards as a result.

Also, Capture the Flag maps need to be introduced into the QP and Competitive rotation already! What is even the point of coming up with new game modes that need new/updated maps if Blizzard is too scared to put anything in regular rotation? If we are all forced to deal with 2cp maps on a regular basis, then there is basically no point holding other frustratingly turtle-y modes back either! At this point, I'd just be happy to see any change that diluted the overall presence of 2cp maps in QP.
Because bliz hates keeping modes people like.
Because fun is not allowed.
Was really surprised that TDM went away, it was among my favorites for warming-up, much moreso than FFA. Of course, I was also surprised that the new DM map wasn't included in the TDM rotation sowhatdoIknow... :-\
Because Blizzard can't seem to fit more modes into a Windows 8 Metro UI.
Because you can play all of the Arcade modes via custom game browser/creator.
10/16/2017 03:20 PMPosted by CasualCathar
You got the custom game browser, use it.

If it's a truly missed mode, then at least one person is going to be hosting a game running on it.

If you got a problem doing that much, then just admit that it isn't really about what arcade modes are available to everyone, and actually about which arcade modes will give you weekly rewards as a result.

Also, Capture the Flag maps need to be introduced into the QP and Competitive rotation already! What is even the point of coming up with new game modes that need new/updated maps if Blizzard is too scared to put anything in regular rotation? If we are all forced to deal with 2cp maps on a regular basis, then there is basically no point holding other frustratingly turtle-y modes back either! At this point, I'd just be happy to see any change that diluted the overall presence of 2cp maps in QP.

The problem with custom browser is you can't rely on people joining the game which makes it unfun to even try a creative gamemode
10/16/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Ardent
Because you can play all of the Arcade modes via custom game browser/creator.

Without any MMR and at the mercy of crappy moderators.
I think they said they change up the arcade all the time to keep things fresh or something? Which is understandable but also sucks sometimes 'cause 9 times out of 10 that means losing your favorite mode for a while, if not indefinitely. Before the Halloween event Total Mayhem was all I played, now I'm back to QP which feels like instant death after playing with double HP and 3 second CDs for so long.