D.Va's Current State: Discussion Megathread Part 11

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
03/23/2017 02:06 PMPosted by Osho
Only 45 likes on this thread and less than 4 pages to go, what gives?

This thread isn't very old not much time.
03/23/2017 02:15 PMPosted by SolidRNG
Changing her movement speed while shooting really goes against what she is, and is meant to do IMO.
The whole thing about D.Va engagements was that, her movement speed allowed you to run away if she got the drop on you.
And by this I mean something like getting to the high ground that "you" were dominating from. Not talking about the push+punch combo.

I get what you're saying, and to a degree I agree with you. While I felt that 25% movement was a little much (hence I liked 50% much better), the whole point of D.Va's kit was to force a decision: flee, or die. If they truly felt like she did too much, keeping her powerful at close range and able to hold ground, wherever she is. In other words, specialize her more, not less.
03/23/2017 02:24 PMPosted by hothead2097
03/23/2017 02:06 PMPosted by Osho
Only 45 likes on this thread and less than 4 pages to go, what gives?

Why are you so against a buff to D.va? I've seen you quite a few times on the forums but it's all just short one or two sentence posts that are basically just discouragement to D.va means and saying that you think D.va is fine without giving any reason. What gives?

You're misconstrued. I would love a buff to D.Va, and I'm not even joking. I would love to buff a lot of heroes. Thing is, she (along with said heroes) doesn't need buffing and there are other, more pressing balance issues than your precious D.Va, or my precious Reinhardt for example.

Reinhardt has been a victim of power creep since launch. He hasn't been touched, and continues to fall behind.

Do you see a Reinhardt Megathread 11?

At least you got some attention. These threads are just pandering for even more attention lol. I want to tell you guys to grow up, really.
I get it. They don't deserve a well-thought out response. Actually, they don't really deserve any response as nothing they put forth was of merit. As such, I just wouldn't bother. Better than feeding the troll or stooping to their level of insults.

You indeed got it, it seems. We've passed 5k replies on the topic of Dva, with feedback and discussion in there that can be considered works of art in a way. In fact, if the counter-arguments would've been of just half that effort, instead of the stream of trolling, misinterpretation, logic fallacies etc, we probably would be barely scraping 3k posts. And it keeps derailing what could've been something taken on merit by the devs within a month after the hatchet-job they pulled on Dva.

5k replies. And by and large, even knee-jerk accusations of us wanting our OP cashcow back (while I'm not even that much of a Dva player with only a few hours on her) were met with fairly reasonable responses so far. Today it just really, really ticked me off and I'm not one to shy away from a good verbal fisticuffs. So I stooped to their level, with below the belt baiting or my actual utter boredom with lowly pubescent argumentation.

I tried to keep it tongue in cheek, and either pull their trolling into ad hominems towards me or annoy them off, to make room for actual quality debate, something I'm always hungry for. And be fair where applicable, but likely not 100% accurate. It happens.
Past experience for me: either people shut up and go away, or stop going with cheap shots and really make an effort to make a *good* counter-case. Which is what'd be the respectful and constructive thing to do. That's the kind of posts that I thank people for. Is that weird? Yes, probably is, but that's me and I thought it was worth a try.

Downside is, you can only keep it up so long and still have it be potentially funny for onlookers. So I'm stepping back from the convo for a while. It's not as if there's much to add on the volumes of arguments made in favor or against the topic as is. Just use the autoreply of "your opinion has already been addressed in OP, go read" and ignore the trolly tantrums, and it'll probably turn into a smoldering contained thread, instead of a garbage fire.

For what it's worth, if you were genuinely interested in good debate and I went trolly on you by mistake, sorry about that. Not my intent.
03/23/2017 02:36 PMPosted by Osho
03/23/2017 02:24 PMPosted by hothead2097

Why are you so against a buff to D.va? I've seen you quite a few times on the forums but it's all just short one or two sentence posts that are basically just discouragement to D.va means and saying that you think D.va is fine without giving any reason. What gives?

You're misconstrued. I would love a buff to D.Va, and I'm not even joking. I would love to buff a lot of heroes. Thing is, she (along with said heroes) doesn't need buffing and there are other, more pressing balance issues than your precious D.Va, or my precious Reinhardt for example.

Reinhardt has been a victim of power creep since launch. He hasn't been touched, and continues to fall behind.

At least you got some attention. These threads are just pandering for even more attention lol. I want to tell you guys to grow up, really.

Your precious Reinhardt had been a mandatory pick since Day 1 and nothing has changed about him.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Your precious Reinhardt had been a mandatory pick since Day 1 and nothing has changed about him.

He hasn't and even if he was it doesn't detract from the fact that D.Va is OK too :)

Or, what about McCree? Sombra? Winston? Ana? Mercy?

What of the other 23 heroes?

Exactly.

Pandering for attention :p Like I said, there's more pressing balance issues.
I really liked the DM buff a while back, really helped with absorbing Soldier ults and getting better mei and zarya absorbs in, I personally believe if she needs anything it's range, I tend to survive fairly decently and feel that the armour just makes her more boring than in her current state.

I've been playing her since launch and I can safely say that she is still as fun as she was in the beginining.

Anyone considered the addition of a small ability for an E key? She is the only hero besides mercy to not have one, if so, what do you think it should/could be?
03/23/2017 02:42 PMPosted by Osho
The argument of other balance issues might be worse so D.Va doesn't matter is something I'd expect from an early grade schooler. Nor does Blizzard focus on working ones who underperform.
03/23/2017 02:42 PMPosted by Osho

He hasn't and even if he was it doesn't detract from the fact that D.Va is OK too :)

Exactly.

Are you truly expecting people that spend more time on D.Va than anything else to tell you about how the other heroes play at all ranks? Sure some might know 1 or 2 of those, but I doubt they've put 100+ hours into every single hero to be able to give you an informed opinion on those.
Do you ask your barber for health advice too because you know he was sick a few times?
03/23/2017 02:41 PMPosted by Larzyn

I wonder how he'd respond if Reinhardt got a massive survivability and damage nerf. Right now Rein is a thread when in close range, but if he was all of a sudden nothing more than his shield I bet a lot of people would be complaining.
03/23/2017 02:51 PMPosted by Cerebrum123

I wonder how he'd respond if Reinhardt got a massive survivability and damage nerf. Right now Rein is a thread when in close range, but if he was all of a sudden nothing more than his shield I bet a lot of people would be complaining.
I hope he does not react like you guys
Or, learn to play her without the OP 400 Armor / 200 HP? She's still viable and I still see plenty of people using her, and using her well.

Maybe you haven't received a response because there's nothing to be said? Just a thought.

I'm ready for the angry waifu-bandwagoners to dislike this. Please do, I love it.

You can't handle the truth.
03/23/2017 02:51 PMPosted by Cerebrum123

Doesn't Reinhardt have 500 health and 200 armor though?

Dva has 100 more health than him, but she's basically been reduced to "nothing more than her Defense Matrix". So... What gives? Is it because Reinhardt's critbox isn't right at the center of his chestplate? Is that all we need to fix Dva? Give her mech suit a little fez to wear, and then move her critbox over to it? (Aww man, that'd be so cute! It could even glow like bastion's crit-box!)
03/23/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Polaris
She's still viable and I still see plenty of people using her, and using her well.

Where? Her usage has dropped quite a bit since the nerfs.

Exactly.

Are you truly expecting people that spend more time on D.Va than anything else to tell you about how the other heroes play at all ranks? Sure some might know 1 or 2 of those, but I doubt they've put 100+ hours into every single hero to be able to give you an informed opinion on those.
Do you ask your barber for health advice too because you know he was sick a few times?

You're asking people to spend more time on D.Va, and I'm saying there's other things to worry about.

03/23/2017 02:54 PMPosted by aj123boy

I hope he does not react like you guys

I wouldn't, as long as they're justified, which won't be an issue as every change thus far has been and I presume will continue to be.

I've had to adapt my playstyle and will have to continue to adapt my playstyle as heroes continue to change, and I have no issue with this.
I wouldnt mind a D.V.A buff, I dont play her much but she is fun to play.
Or, learn to play her without the OP 400 Armor / 200 HP? She's still viable and I still see plenty of people using her, and using her well.

Maybe you haven't received a response because there's nothing to be said? Just a thought.

I'm ready for the angry waifu-bandwagoners to dislike this. Please do, I love it.

I'll do it this time...
D.Va IS fine at Bronze Silver and Gold. Don't worry. I know you're not lying, things are just very different at higher ranks.

However the way you use to express yourself is a little bit too childish for most adults taste and you'll very likely get at least a few downvotes for the unnecessary insults.
The whole "waifu" meme is also generally related to Japanese, not Korean.
Just bumping it

The other way around. 1000 of posts explain why she is bad but you guys simply ignore these facts and writing !@#$ty comments like this... so much ignorance...

03/23/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Potato
I wouldnt mind a D.V.A buff, I dont play her much but she is fun to play.

She was yes, but now she is just a DM bot. I dont find that fun to play... (and with Orisa now she is almost non existent...)

03/23/2017 03:02 PMPosted by SolidRNG
D.Va IS fine at Bronze Silver and Gold. Don't worry. I know you're not lying, things are just very different at higher ranks.

Nope she is also bad in gold...

She always had 400 armor though, many of us would be fine with ditching the extra 100 health and going back to her old pool.