D.Va's Current State: Discussion Megathread Part 12

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
03/23/2017 06:31 PMPosted by X3s3SuR3NiOX
if you get downvoted, don't take that negatively,

That's not possible dude. It's really, really not.
03/23/2017 06:42 PMPosted by ZSSenpai
03/23/2017 06:35 PMPosted by GiantAxe
When are they going to respond to this thread??

Never because y'all are super annoying and it would set a bad precedent for their PR.

BTW, I don't think D.Va is in a great state rn so it's not like I disagree with you guys. But validating these threads with a response would just encourage other mains to spam the forums with threads until their mains get buffed.

*preparing for incoming D.Va downvote brigade*

*preparing for incoming D.Va downvote brigade*
I mean, honestly, wtf did you expect?
y'all are super annoying
You're more annoying than any of us.

validating these threads with a response would just encourage other mains to spam the forums with megathreads until their mains get buffed.
Organizing feedback in a megathread is far better than having players open multiple mini threads that actually flood the forums. If
an issue is constantly addressed and mutually agree'd, then there is an issue.
McCree, D.Va and Reaper are not on par to other DPS/tanks, and no matter how much trashtalk we get, how much "hive mind" nonsense, we're not stopping.
We want balance.
03/23/2017 06:36 PMPosted by Matrix
That's like the fastest this megathread has capped. Congrats!

It's not that impressive. I've counted.

75% of the posts in all the d.va threads are made by 17% of the people posting in them. It's the same posters over, and over, and over, and over.
Anyone heard anything about D.Va in the last few hours since that last thread capped out?
i play as her often and never got to play her pre-nerf, but right now she's difficult. :( her damage fall-off is absolutely horrendous, i'm not asking for sniper level type stuff but at least make her useful at a distance because you can't charge in with her right now, she pops out of her mech almost instantly.
it'll say i'm hitting the other player, but i'm looking at their health bar and it's not going down.

i'd also like if she had quick invulnerability while getting back into her mech. but only while getting into her mech, not getting in then still having it for a few seconds afterwards if that makes sense?
You're more annoying than any of us.

Really? Because I just came from a thread where the consensus is that D.Va mains are the worst part about the forums. I wasn't even in the running!
03/23/2017 06:36 PMPosted by HailFall
03/23/2017 06:35 PMPosted by GiantAxe
When are they going to respond to this thread??
realistically probably never
when they give i think its likely theyll just put something on ptr.
never seen blizz respond to a megathread.

Yea I don't expect a reply at all at this point. Just imagine though, Jeff comes in and is like "Hey guys Jeff here from the Overwatch team. I understand you guys feel she is too weak after reading these threads, so I want to ask what options do you guys like from the OP" or something.

The literal dream.

But the chances of that are most likely less than or equal to me finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow in the arms of a giant fairy riding a unicorn atop a dragon that also breathes rainbows that leads to a hand written note by Geoff that reads "Patch notes. D.Va HP changed to 400 armor / 100 health and weapons changed to 8 pellets that do 3 damage per pellet."

Maybe that sentence in quotations isn't completely impossible to see online in blue text, but you get the point.
With any luck I think this thread will cap out shortly as well! Part 13 anyone?
03/23/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Osho

Osho last thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753657559?page=4#post-74

Continuation of your "filibuster" strategy? I've got to say your dedication to obstruction, and just thinking of the amount of free time you have to dedicate towards this makes me kind of sad.

03/23/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Arandmoor
03/23/2017 06:36 PMPosted by Matrix
That's like the fastest this megathread has capped. Congrats!

It's not that impressive. I've counted.

75% of the posts in all the d.va threads are made by 17% of the people posting in them. It's the same posters over, and over, and over, and over.

Did you really count? How many were Osho's in the last thread?
03/23/2017 06:50 PMPosted by Arandmoor
03/23/2017 06:31 PMPosted by X3s3SuR3NiOX
if you get downvoted, don't take that negatively,

That's not possible dude. It's really, really not.
If downvotes get to you THAT bad, then Idk what to tell y'all.
03/23/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Para
I want to marry D.va!

me too
Never because y'all are super annoying and it would set a bad precedent for their PR.
They opted to delay their response, and we know they can answer fast when required, like what happened with Bastion.
A quick response by reverting even just her damage after the sharp drop in usage, would have drastically decreased the amount of people searching for answers on the crushing nerf. They would still be there, but it wouldn't escalate so quickly.
So we know it was all very deliberate, and at this point, 2 months or so into the mess, they cannot brush it off as "needing time to test the changes" anymore.

Sorry for the late post. Didn't expect Part 11 to cap so insanely quickly. That was record time and had the biggest number of new people i'v seen yet.

Really glad a lot of people agreed with option 1 as well. Dunno if Blizz will do it, but boy if they did, I think all might actually be forgiven from me. It would efinitely be the dream.
Yea it was capped under 24 hours lol.

But it's not the speed that matters... it's the quality. ^~^
Option 1 does seem like the more balanced one, and I was happy to read most other users seemed to agree.
Would be nice if there was finally an answer, even just to test the mentioned changes on PTR.

Sadly a few of the pages were a bit spammed by trolls.
And no amount of reports for spam could fix that in time, but it was handled in a rather civilized way in general by most people clearing things up for them.

I'm a bit concerned for Lúcio changes.
They're messing with so much at the same time, and while I don't really have enough experience with Lúcio to comment on their value, there's always the fear he'll become D.Va 2.0 since he's picked so often.
03/23/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Osho

Continuation of your "filibuster" strategy? I've got to say your dedication to obstruction, and just thinking of the amount of free time you have to dedicate towards this makes me kind of sad.

Don't be sad...

You know, you should be happy in life... not sad. If you focused on the better things in life maybe you wouldn't be sad?

Maybe people wouldn't filibuster :p
I think if we let blizz take back the ultimate not killing us, then buff damage by 25% and we'd be good.
03/23/2017 06:52 PMPosted by ZSSenpai
I just came from a thread where the consensus is that D.Va mains are the worst part about the forums
Guess it comes from that chunk of people who are dedicated to post things like "omg stop crybabies you only want your crutch hero to be OP again, adapt, l2p" and usually only read the title. Bringing negativity and nothing else.
Also against the code of conduct, because denigratory talk about a group of players is forbidden.
i am just watching a great comedy show here!!

Option A they cave in and do some changes which will piss off other people.

Option B they wont make and changes and dva mains will go gaga!!

Conclusion Blizzard is the loser and I feel sorry for them.
03/23/2017 07:06 PMPosted by GerLowX
i am just watching a great comedy show here!!

Option A they cave in and do some changes which will piss off other people.

Option B they wont make and changes and dva mains will go gaga!!

Conclusion Blizzard is the loser and I feel sorry for them.

Excuse me, are you qualified to post in this thread?
03/23/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Osho
Excuse me, are you qualified to post in this thread?

Why??

Most of the time I have been neutral on this topic and I have neither pro or negative views on the dva buffs.

Overall over my all of my accounts I have at least played dva for more than 50 hours since s1 so I guess I have seen and played her on many occasions.
I only discovered the megathreads earlier today, which is why I haven't done this previously.

This is a video I recorded and edited today, about the current state of things on live. It's edited from a competitive match played on the American realm. This is what the changes to D.Va have done. I can be doing good work, I can be effective, and I can play a key role in moving the payload through a choke, yet there are people insisting that I change to Reinhardt instead of the other tank player, or someone else. If you notice, there's even a Sombra on our team, who also plays a key role. As I'm sure you're aware, Sombra has an undeserved bad reputation, but when having a Sombra is considered to be better than having a D.Va, that tells me that the general population views Sombra as useless, and D.Va as worse than useless. Even at her best, D.Va is seen as a liability.

https://youtu.be/jYawc2I2WyA