Mercy/Ana/Healer SR gains too low in Competitive since patch

Bug Report
1 2 3 26 Next
Highly Rated
Prologue: Hey everybody, this is Fluffy with too much time on their hands. Great that this has gained traction here, as well as in the competitive forums!
I'm gonna make a new Reddit post today as well and update with new information and a more fitting title.
A you see above, the title for this thread changed as well. Please welcome our dear Ana, Lucio, Zenyatta mains to the drama.

If you're new: here's what happened.

We noticed on a live stream today that the Mercy streamer gained considerably less SR than would be expected. (13-16 at T500 level. Thanks Eevee!)
Confirmed something similar with a ~3600 SR player who gained 17-20SR with Mercy and about 35 with D.Va and Lucio.
A 2700 SR player provided her spread sheet and there is a clear falloff in gains visible from pre-patch to post-patch with the gains before the patch being between 20-28 with no win streak and post patch 14-18 with no win streak and 22-29 with a five win streak.

Link to pre/post patch data sheet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5AKyli8Y_vkTVFTVnYyVXF6WjA/view

A lot of people have confirmed this by now and given some valuable input and testing and I wanna thank especially Risky, Phex and bioshrimp on Eevee's discord who datamined all the !@#$ from Twitch videos for me when I was at work.

Sadly I couldn't update yesterday because a migraine attack kicked me hard in the guts, but here's what we know:

Supports are getting too little SR and are losing too much.
This seems to be tied to the values a healer gets from assists towards his on fire meter.

Example:

Pre-patch Mercy got +50 on fire for every assist she did, now the value seems to be tied how much damage (OR on fire value) the assist's target generates.
I damage buffed an ulting NanoReaper yesterday and got the full 50 for three of his kills and 34 for the fourth. But if you buff a D.Va or a Junkrat or a Pharah who have high levels of spread and spalsh damage, you'll get only between 1-19 per assist.

It's similar for Ana, who also got +50 per assist and now gets a fraction of that, though I think she gets a little more from her grenade since it affects multiple targets.

Lucio and Zenyatta are a bit better off with previously +25 and +15 on fire per assist.
Lucio also can always assist several people and the chance that he gets more on fire out of every kill are naturally higher because of that.

The change itself might have been intentional, I don't know, but the effects can't have been, since this takes almost all value away from healing, especially other squishies or supporters or even TANK because they don't kill, and basically forces a Mercy to engage in usely play and solely buffing the DPS to get as many assist/on fire points as possible to even reach the same amount of SR as her peers.

Oh No! What do?!

Comment on this thread or the one in the competitive forum (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753686646?page=3).
Make a ruckus.
Annoy Stylosa.
WARN OTHER SUPPORTS!
Don't play Mercy/Ana if you can avoid it until this is fixed.
Give information!

Reddit post with updates and correct title:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/617rp1/bug_in_sr_gains_for_all_supporters_except_maybe/

GL Everybody. Have fun, despite this ;)
Confirmed 1 on Reddit.
2500 SR
Career Average given for Damage Boosted: 30000
Damage boosted in game: 1200
Previous SR gain: ~30
Current: 10-18
Confirmed with Top500 player
Pre patch gains: 19-27 SR
Post patch gains: 11-17 SR
Well that's cool. Looks like back to ana for a bit for me
Highly Rated
Blizzard hates Mercy mains т_т
I noticied the same thing..I'm getting 20 points per game as Mercy and close to 30 as junk rat/soldier...

Damage Boost Current: 352
Damage Boost Career Average: 152,000 (I have two accounts and don't remember which one that is from, but it was definitly 152,000k)

I'm losing way more than I'm gaining, so I try to convince other people to play her.... I'm on PS4, so don't know if this makes a difference..
I can confirm this. Before patch I was getting 20-25 for first win after lose. Today I got 15 and my win streak SR gain seems small. Here's the link to my tracker with games I played today: http://i.imgur.com/7InxH3H.png Note that these are games 78-87, so the bonus SR for first games in season doesn't count.
My damage amplified career average: 27,000
Damage amplified in one game: 393
Can confirm, 3500 SR
Pre Patch: ~30
After Patch: 20
same here!

I'm 1700 SR (on PC), I used to gain around 32 SR for a win and now under 19 SR.
I noticed this when playing on my smurf, I'd lose ~30 sr and only gain ~17 sr.
Pre patch: 20~
Post patch: 10~
Nearly half! Yesterday I went 3L 3W and net lost 50 SR
Confirmed, Gains went from 27 down to 18. Losses went up from 20 to 30.
Blizzard doesn't want you to play mercy, simple
Confirmed with me as well. Gains went down severely while losses were 30 or so.
I found this- https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813934/

03/22/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
The issue with the Average Damage Amplified statistic wouldn't affect SR gains (we have that fixed for a future patch), but we're investigating to see if there's something else that might cause the reported post-patch discrepancy with Mercy's SR gains/losses.

And off topic I don't understand why this is in place this is simply saying hey lower ranks if you play a common meta hero you will be stuck in silver and if you play off meta then you won't gain SR due to having no medals. Which is just plain dumb.,I found this-https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813934/

03/22/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
The issue with the Average Damage Amplified statistic wouldn't affect SR gains (we have that fixed for a future patch), but we're investigating to see if there's something else that might cause the reported post-patch discrepancy with Mercy's SR gains/losses.

And off topic I don't understand why this is in place this is simply saying hey lower ranks if you play a common meta hero you will be stuck in silver and if you play off meta then you won't gain SR due to having no medals. Which is just plain dumb.
They probably fixed a glitch where mercy players were receiving too much SR. I saw tons of plat mercy in gm. I am glad they fixed that issue.
I am also losing more SR than i gain all of a sudden playing Mercy in comp. The change is noticeable. Was already wondering. I don´t think I want to play her atm now that I read others have the same experience.
i saw that problem with zen before and now mercy has the same problem, i will never take support hero anymore. thanks blizzard.
After a 7 wintreak, the highest I've gotten is +34 points.
+24 (mercy)
+28 (lucio)
+16 (all mercy from here on)
+22
+18
+26
+34

from 7!!! wins, highest is 34, this is ridiculous. I would've ranked up with normal SR gain.
Thanks for the quote Xhad and Phex for crossposting to the comp forums.
Hopefully they'll fix it soon