Mercy/Ana/Healer SR gains too low in Competitive since patch

Bug Report
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
Two Games today, both wins

+20 Route66, Dmgboost-Card, stopped the enemy defense right at the first chokepoint
+19 Kingsrow, Healcard, won in extra time

So, it seems that there is no change yet. ._.
When I was on a win streak with some pals they ended up getting around 100SR, while I (As healer main) got like 70SR. It should be the other way around as healers are much more viable and for many less fun to play. You should be rewarded to do the necessary instead of the unnecessary. (Not saying DPS is unnecessary but c'mon let's be honest, you can easier win without DPS than without healers)
in order for this to be corrected, and because of the amount of damage done could be in the millions of SR.

the season needs to be closed or reset.

they need to disable comp games ASAP.

this is the moment when we find out just how serious they are about OW as an E-sport.

if they do nothing, then OW will be a shell of game with only pre-made lan comps, for the illusion of a real E-sport.

we as a player base have been very tolerant of a lot of "growing pains" but this is not forgivable in anyway to the 10 of thousands of players effected by this.

blizzard shut down the servers now!!! until this is fixed"

FREE Mercy!!!!!!!!!
03/29/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Alisaris

Yeah and a lot of the dps/tanks I have talked to seem to think that support deserve this SR issue. In the words of one jerk "You don't deserve to be carried up in rank because you chose to play that role." I'd hope that isn't a normal belief but its seems to be what the devs think considering how often this issue comes up.

[/quote]

What a bunch of @#%*!@#$%. I've carried games as Mercy, and I've had teams give me more kudos than anyone else on the team. My time and role as support is just as valuable as a DPS, and I should be awarded/punished at the same level as them not less/more because I'd rather support the kills than doing the killing. (Rant over XD)

Every team needs a support, but very few people want to play them as it is, and now we're still punished for playing supports almost a year after launch. Come on Blizzard!!!
So, i played today to delay my decay.

1 Game as Favorite on Oasis as Mercy.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=de7871-1490824587.jpg

We won 3:2 100:99%, very close game. I died a lot, but was still able to get a lot of Healing and 29 offensive and 27 defensive Assists.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=6cd856-1490824659.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=90d272-1490824720.jpg

Important to say, even with this amount of Assists/Heal i was not on fire once.

Got +23 Points.

Then i was forced to play Rheinhard an we lost the game, so i was not on a win streak or anything (I lost -27 points, but i suck as rheinhard)

Next Game again on Oasis, even Teams.

Important to say, i was soloheal. Thats usually not happening on Dia.

Was able to play the game of my life, only died three times as mercy soloheal @ koth.

Got the PotG:
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=9de89d-1490824950.jpg

45% Heal
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=056523-1490825013.jpg

And good Stats overall

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=457156-1490825041.jpg

I was able to get on fire with the potg and keep it up for some time with more rezzes. I think this is very important.

Got +29 Points this time. Feels good.

So far:

Before Patch: Average +27, -23.

First Day after Patch: +17,+19.

Sunday: +21, +25

Today: +23, +29.

I usually get more points on koth, because i rezz more often.

Seems to get better over time, so hold the line, fellow supporters. We will get through this together!
03/29/2017 02:56 PMPosted by HammsammicH
in order for this to be corrected, and because of the amount of damage done could be in the millions of SR.

the season needs to be closed or reset.

they need to disable comp games ASAP.

this is the moment when we find out just how serious they are about OW as an E-sport.

if they do nothing, then OW will be a shell of game with only pre-made lan comps, for the illusion of a real E-sport.

we as a player base have been very tolerant of a lot of "growing pains" but this is not forgivable in anyway to the 10 of thousands of players effected by this.

blizzard shut down the servers now!!! until this is fixed"

FREE Mercy!!!!!!!!!

We should get a hashtag trending on twitter, maybe then they'll take it seriously. #FreeSupports
i've played alot of ana this season and i don't actually have this problem? my game wins gain me 25+ sr?
03/29/2017 04:40 PMPosted by weirdguy500
i've played alot of ana this season and i don't actually have this problem? my game wins gain me 25+ sr?

play something else you are good at (not support) and see if there is a difference.
03/29/2017 04:57 PMPosted by redshirt4lfe
03/29/2017 04:40 PMPosted by weirdguy500

play something else you are good at (not support) and see if there is a difference.

I have, and there is. I'm gaining about 5-10 more SR for playing tanks compared to support when I win.

I also lose 5-10 more SR as Mercy (my best character) when I lose, compared to Winston, a character I've hardly even played and don't even particularly do well with. It's odd, because I'm quite positive I don't do BETTER as a tank with Winston compared to how well I perform as a healer with Mercy, yet I get more SR with Winston on wins and lose less on losses.

I've been specifically testing that scenario, and the 5-10 SR per win and 5-10 less SR per loss has been pretty consistent. In a way, it doesn't affect me as terribly as it does some people, because I do like to play a lot of Tanks and other roles, but for the people who truly like to play support only, this is a pretty detrimental issue.
I have been recently so frustrated how my friends are climbing to higher ranks and I've been gained so little. I wish I never knew this was actually a real bug because now I just don't want to play supports never again. Widow and Handsoap here I come. I am going to be an amazing asset for my teammates in silver.
I stopped playing a week ago when I first posted the issue that I had went 4 wins and 3 loses with a net -36SR. So I stopped playing and waited for an official blizzard response. Since then, I had to play because of the 7 day SR decay. The past 24 hours I played 13 total games as follows:

1. W: +23
2. L: -26
3. L: -20
4. L: -46
5. Draw
6. L: -34
7. W: +15
8. L: -28
9. L: -20
10. W: +22
11. L: -18
12. W: +24
13. W: +17 (This game I asked the dps what they got, they said +25)

7 loses, 5 wins and 1 draw. Net -61 (before orisa patch I think my net lost would have been around -37 to -40).. It feels like it's a bit harder to rank up with the current calculated SR formula as a support.
Please Blizzard fix this! It's ruining the game for the supports!
My friend just played placements as Ana. At the end of the 10 games, he dropped 450 SR from last season's end rank!! I told him to play something else, but he didn't believe me. :(
03/29/2017 03:14 AMPosted by Gasmask
This is a blatant discrimination.

The devs must be thinking that it's DPS and Tanks who are doing all the work, so they should be rewarded more. And support is just that, a secondary role.

Such a shame.

Yeah and a lot of the dps/tanks I have talked to seem to think that support deserve this SR issue. In the words of one jerk "You don't deserve to be carried up in rank because you chose to play that role." I'd hope that isn't a normal belief but its seems to be what the devs think considering how often this issue comes up.

Part of me thinks that maybe this isn't a bug and it really is what the devs want, seriously three times this has happened to my knowledge. I am starting to think they are trying to sneak this in but we keep voicing our disapproval so they change it claiming its a bug. But with this long silence I think they are just going to wait this out until we just shut up and get back to the game.

Precisely, couldn't have said better myself.

First they make a team-based MOBA in the best traditions of RPG that Blizzard has been known for. Then Activision's influence of FPS genre kicked in and support classes are being discriminated against.
03/30/2017 12:59 AMPosted by Gasmask

Part of me thinks that maybe this isn't a bug and it really is what the devs want, seriously three times this has happened to my knowledge. I am starting to think they are trying to sneak this in but we keep voicing our disapproval so they change it claiming its a bug. But with this long silence I think they are just going to wait this out until we just shut up and get back to the game.

Precisely, couldn't have said better myself.

First they make a team-based MOBA in the best traditions of RPG that Blizzard has been known for. Then Activision's influence of FPS genre kicked in and support classes are being discriminated against.

I really dont think this was intentional. what could possibly be the reason to discourage players from picking healers?

I really dont think this was intentional. what could possibly be the reason to discourage players from picking healers?

On your hero select screen, the support classes are at the end (going from left to right) for a reason.

It's not a primary role and we are getting the short end of the stick as a result.
It's devs' way of saying that this game values WEAPON ACCURACY more than anything else.

Such a pity.
03/30/2017 01:23 AMPosted by Gasmask
It's devs' way of saying that this game values WEAPON ACCURACY more than anything else.

Such a pity.

as said, I dont believe that. there must be something else at play.
03/30/2017 01:27 AMPosted by Charon
03/30/2017 01:23 AMPosted by Gasmask

Such a pity.

If you look thru this thread, you'll find empirical data that supports the fact that the support (:D) classes are getting less SR.

I was a bit skeptical at first too, but since Mercy is one of the mains, I can totally relate.
03/30/2017 01:31 AMPosted by Gasmask
03/30/2017 01:27 AMPosted by Charon

If you look thru this thread, you'll find empirical data that supports the fact that the support (:D) classes are getting less SR.

I'm not questioning the "bug", I'm questioning the intentions. I dont think blizzard WANTED to discourage healers. a class which already has to deal with the ever present issue of not getting picked enough