Mercy/Ana/Healer SR gains too low in Competitive since patch

Bug Report
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
In response to the people saying that if this was on purpose we would have seen something saying so. They would never publish something like that, it would make people completely stop playing support, they may hate us but we are necessary, so they say its something they are looking into and then vanish. Its easier and it makes it look like they give a crap.
03/30/2017 02:53 AMPosted by Tauboga

I mean, I also used to experience daily at my job, but how about you stop being cowards and put a little bit of pressure on your supervisors? Its not like any of the mods havent read this, this is Blizzard FFS.

it's not about the mods not knowing whats going on or how to respond. I fear they are not ALLOWED to respond.

unfortunately, the longer this is going on, the more I believe this IS intentional....
What is worse for the company? Someone showing they have read and understood the issue or just being silent? You can't argue "they are not allowed" as being good for their reputation :P
I am picking up Widow now.

Sorry Guys.
03/30/2017 02:02 AMPosted by GlitterFart
I dont think blizz intentionally punished supports. If this was the case, A) Supports wouldn't exist in the game or B) No one would pick them
B is what happening right now. A lot of people are on support strike and refuse to play support even if the team needs one.
I can't blame them. Playing support isn't just as rewarding as any other classes.
I'm losing my patience too, we should all flock to the general discussion board and create a thread each until we get a response. it's no bug after all, isnt it? this is ridiculous, it's over a week now and blizzard is going full three monkey style....

ninja patching core mechanics, screwing people over in the process and then giving us the silent treatment. very very disappointing. this is something I'd expect from other companies, not blizzard.
03/30/2017 03:54 AMPosted by Charon
I'm losing my patience too, we should all flock to the general discussion board and create a thread each until we get a response.

I like this but why general discussion rather than bug reporting thread?
03/30/2017 04:08 AMPosted by GlitterFart
03/30/2017 03:54 AMPosted by Charon
I'm losing my patience too, we should all flock to the general discussion board and create a thread each until we get a response.

I like this but why general discussion rather than bug reporting thread?

for one, this issue is obviously no bug, they deliberately changed the assist mechanic (which they tested beforehand for sure). furthermore, there are far more people in the general discussion sub board.

I'm quite positive a lot of healers are not aware of this. since this thread is going to reach it's limit soon (thread #2 already), we'd rather open a new one in the general discussion sub
I started to keep track over my SR gain/loss after I saw this on the forums. Yesterday I went on a 5-5 streak and ended up losing -18SR as I played mercy. Keep in mind the losses where spread out through the game and not directly after one another. I lost -18SR in total from where I started to where I ended up on 2681. Might not seem that stupid or bad, but given the fact my boyfriend who is a dps/tank main went up almost 160!!!!SR from the same games as I did.

I'll say it out loud, start using everything you can both here in the forum and on twitter to get blizzards attention. The more people that send the tweets regarding this the harder it will be to not respond, because people will get mad if they don't. Report it as a ticket or whatever you guys can but we need to get this out there.

Also isn't it about time you actually respond to this problem and do something about it, Blizzard?

I'll be updating you guys after the weekend how it went on the big weekend grind I always do.
The least they could do is make support mains gain extra SR for a week if they "fix" this, I lost 500 sr and wasted approx 100 HOURS since patch with this crap. (Partly because in the beginning I didn't even know)
and with support mains I mean the players with 70% - 80% hours on a support category this season. We don't want all the DPS'ers taking our roles and getting even more advantage than they already have
I'm just gonna play DPS on my smurf until this is fixed.
I'm an Ana main and hit diamond the day before Orisa (and this glitch) went live.
2 days later i went down to 2600 and it sucks. I gain like 20 SR after a 3 win win-streak and lose 30-35 after a single loss. There's no way anyone can climb like this.
I dropped 200 SR on the night of the patch. I was shocked - my companion lost 75 (Pharah main). This is ridiculous. I haven't played since Tuesday in the hope that this would be addressed and resolved.

It's supposed to be part of Blizzard's core values: Play Nice; Play Fair

Am I the only one who appreciates the irony of Blizzard knowingly creating an unfair situation for a whole class of players? When a company betrays its own values, there's obviously a disconnect somewhere. Time to edit it to say "Play Nice; Play Fair (Unless you are a healer)"
03/30/2017 05:28 AMPosted by SkyŖeaper
I'm just gonna play DPS on my smurf until this is fixed.
I'm an Ana main and hit diamond the day before Orisa (and this glitch) went live.
2 days later i went down to 2600 and it sucks. I gain like 20 SR after a 3 win win-streak and lose 30-35 after a single loss. There's no way anyone can climb like this.

Similar to me. I hit Diamond, and made it to above 3100 before the patch. Since the patch, I've dropped below 3000. To be fair, I have lost a few more than I won, but, I was losing 30 SR on each loss compared to only like 15-20 per win.

Going something like 3-5 would drop me 90 SR instead of dropping me like 40-50 SR. Pretty big difference.

Since I noticed that, then started looking in the forums and found it's not just me, it's every one else too... I've since stopped. I will not play anymore until this is resolved, but I'm beginning to lose my patience with Blizzard not at least speaking up on the issue.

I want to hear something, even if they say it is how it is. At least then I can permanently switch to Tank or DPS... because I will NOT continue to play the least desirable role while simultaneously getting screwed over by a system that treats DPS and Tanks better than Supports.
Just to say, jump in a play 1-2 games for testing. For me, it went much better since patchday. The system they patched in is still bull!@#$ for supports and seems to work like you are a damagedealer, but at least the SR gains are not as horrid as they were a week ago.

We never will get any comment on this, so i just give up and will start to play again this weekend. But i will be much more careful when other people are complaining about flaws in the system. Blizzard has lost my trust.
I think its getting better guys. During my first 4 wins though I feel like I should've gotten more SR, we stomped the enemy team and were underdogs most of the time :/ These are my matches from tonight:

Start 2370
2394 +24 Ana/Mercy
2422 +28 Mercy x2
2447 +25 Mercy x2
2470 +23 Mercy x2
2444 -26 Heals
2419 -25 Mercy/Zen

Meanwhile I just had a horrible game where DPS was abusing me for not healing (was Zen and orb was on him the entire time anyway) when enemy Genji was on my back the entire game and only died once when I killed him. The climb is real guys.
This is last nights win/loss that I was talking about earlier, just to clarify so you guys can see how much bull!@#$ this is.

(only played mercy)
Started on 2699sr
2725 +26sr
2744+19sr (second win went down alot? wtf)
2718 -26sr
2692 -26sr
2667 -25sr
2639 -28sr
2665 +26sr
2687 +22sr
2660 - 27sr
2681 + 21sr

I went - 18sr... 5-5. 50% win precentage yesterday. So yeah. Do you think this is okay?

Confidence blown, faith in Blizz wiped and I'm totally upset about their silence. Just SOMETHING, WHATEVER, A !@#$ING SNEEZE OUR WAY SOMETHING TO LET US KNOW THAT YOU'VE NOTICED US BLIZZ!!!

In case you missed it, here you go:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753686646#post-11
when you guys say its getting better. Did you change anything on your play style?
03/30/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Teawrex
when you guys say its getting better. Did you change anything on your play style?

No, but I always boost when I can and always have been doing it that way. Out of the 6 games I played above though I noticed that my input for boosting (damaged amped) or offensive assists will always trump my healing even if it was good healing, when it came to the cards.