Mercy/Ana/Healer SR gains too low in Competitive since patch

Bug Report
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
How is it that I'm winning 4 games in a row as Mercy but then lose two and end up lower than I was before?
Mind you I've been solo healing with wins getting 20k+ and only getting 20 points for each game. While at the same time losing 30-40 per match lost.
49.7% winrate on mercy.
top 7% of mercy players.

Still went 600 rating down then 400 rating up since orisa patch. Played some DVA to help get the SR back that I was losing.
03/31/2017 07:31 AMPosted by AurorA898
How is it that I'm winning 4 games in a row as Mercy but then lose two and end up lower than I was before?
Mind you I've been solo healing with wins getting 20k+ and only getting 20 points for each game. While at the same time losing 30-40 per match lost.

Just finished a match... 5 rounds on Illios, solo healing with 14 players Rez, and over 20k healing done. Received a card and won the game. I only received 14 points.
03/31/2017 07:39 AMPosted by AurorA898
03/31/2017 07:31 AMPosted by AurorA898

Just finished a match... 5 rounds on Illios, solo healing with 14 players Rez, and over 20k healing done. Received a card and won the game. I only received 14 points.

isnt it obvious, because you didnt pistol mercy, dont you see!? stupid little boy, thinks a healer is supposed to heal.
I can confirm this. Healing as Mercy merely maintains your On Fire score, it won't advance at all unless you heal an Ana grenaded target. Seems the rate of fire decay is equal to gains for healing. I was in an intense team fight on Oasis, non stop healing for a full minute and my Fire score didn't budge a single pixel.

So now the ONLY way to increase your Fire score as Mercy is to res or whip out the pistol...
We fixed an issue that was causing Mercy's contributions to be lower as it pertained to Skill Rating reward at the end of a competitive win. We're still investigating though to make sure the issue is entirely fixed. The fix we put live was integrated on Tuesday but we're still hearing some reports. We'll keep working to fix it if it in fact is still broken. We're trying to verify right now.
03/31/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We fixed an issue that was causing Mercy's contributions to be lower as it pertained to Skill Rating reward at the end of a competitive win. We're still investigating though to make sure the issue is entirely fixed. The fix we put live was integrated on Tuesday but we're still hearing some reports. We'll keep working to fix it if it in fact is still broken. We're trying to verify right now.

Thank you so much for looking into the issue and finally getting back to us about it!

There are some concerns that ALL healers are being affected. We noticed that the fire values for Assists were changed (from 50 to variable amounts). Was this intended/could this be hurting the SR gains for healers?
Hi Jeff, can you guys check if the On Fire gain for healing is working correctly?

It seems Fire natural decay and gain for healing is nearly equal, so it's impossible to gain Fire rating by healing.

This seems to be affecting all healers but Mercy is affected the most since she doesn't have offense options to compensate.
You can test it by putting Mercy with some badly damaged tanks. Top them off and watch Mercy's fire meter as she heals them, it won't budge at all.

03/29/2017 05:33 AMPosted by GlitterFart
2702 // Victory // 2719 // +17 THIS WAS A FULL DIAMOND GAME [3200 enemy average] ARE YOU KIDDING ME? QUEUED WITH A FRIEND TO SEE IF MORE SR AGAINST HARDER ENEMIES

This was wednesday after the supposed "fix" you just mentioned. So is that still an indication of a bug or is that actually the fix? Because me playing dva and my friend playing dps still earns a net profit of 25-30 SR per win.

Also thank you for giving us some news and letting us know that something was indeed wrong and being worked on, would have only appreciated there to have been some sort of info the day the "fix" got implemented.

Hello Jeff, thanks for the heads up.

I can confirm from playing several games last night as Zen, that fire is still buggy.
According to my average stats, I would get 15-20% on fire per game. Since the Orisa patch it has been a constant 0-3%.

I am a decent zen player, least according to overbuff, top 300 zen. Please see for more details.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/zhenzhen-1496/heroes/zenyatta?mode=competitive
The only times I get on fire is if I go on a murderous rampage and ignore healing my team entirely. As this is opposite of what a healer should be doing, I think this still needs to be looked at. Not just for mercy but for healing in general.

Additionally - Even when I did massive amounts of dps/healing/trans etc, I still only get 20-30SR regardless of win streaks. And lose 25-40SR per loss.

Again thanks for your reply... it means a lot of us who enjoy healing.
<3 we love you.
Oh my god Jeff replied?!!? This is the happiest day of my life. I can finally play competitive again!!
Update: I just earned +41 SR [ 7 mercy game win streak ]
Previous SR from yesterday (win streak) : +21 +25 +25 where my teammate had +32 +40 +50
My biggest concern on the issue how much longer will it take. It took more than a week to implement a fix only on PC that didn't work. Plus the really long wait time to get a response. I was about ready to give up on Overwatch as a whole because of this bug and lack of response from devs. What about console players, and the actual bug itself?
I just really want to spend a lot of time in comp, but can't because I'm a support main and I care about my SR. Also, console is just as important on this issue since we paid the same amount and more, origins only for console, to not be left behind in such a game discouraging bug for such a large player base

As usual Ana gets ignored with any of her issues including her potg chance or her SR issue, anyway to reduce her pick rate being used if its a bug then great lets totaly ignore any issues Ana has so she can reach 0% pick rate sooner.

Speaking of which when Mercy was not even visibly 4e picked hero she was 4e picked hero she is now 3e i assume she is most picked hero now or either 2e or am i wrong ?

Source.
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes?mode=competitive

Plz keep fixing Mercy but do not ignore Ana just because the typical Mercy main hates Ana.

Thanks a lot. At least people will stop telling us whiner who are making things up.

Will there a retrospective adjustment for players?
Mercy players are clearly special since Ana Lucio Zen are completely ignored, thanks btw for ignoring Ana potg chance for almost a year btw keep it up, i surely spend more money on crates from now on *NOT*
Plz keep fixing Mercy but do not ignore Ana just because the typical Mercy main hates Ana.

Id like to disagree. I dont play ana very much at all pre / post nerf but I appreciate good anas with me. Upvoted your comment though. Also the title says Mercy / Ana SR gains the topic isn't just about ONE of the two, it's just blizzards / Jeffs response that was only directed at mercy, please don't take it out on the community.