who knows Reaper is Gabriel?

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Obviously Ana knows, and since Ana knows, soldier knows. I think... I'm gonna safely assume Widowmaker knows too. And we didn't even have to hear Sombra's ingame qoute to know she already knew who he was. I'm gonna assume Winston and Tracer, however, have no idea. Also, obvious characters like Mei, Orisa, Zarya, Sym and Lucio who are not connected to Reaper in any way of course have no idea. As to Roadhog and Junkrat, even if they did know, which they probably don't, I doubt they'd care. Pharah... Maybe. If she's had any contact with her mother, maybe she knows. Bastion... I seriously doubt it. Torb and Rein, I don't think they know either. Genjii, Hanzo and Zen probably have no clue either. McCree... Maybe. I doubt anybody will tell him, but I think he might (if he hasn't already) recognize his old teacher under the mask. Mercy being the one to revive Reaper, I think it's safe to say she knows. And there's her ingame qoute as well.
jack, ana, rein and angela probably think hes dead
EDIT: Im wrong
03/27/2017 01:16 AMPosted by MasterJJ

you must not read the comics. Jack and Ana KNOW he's not dead. Mercy revived Reaper, so obviously she knows for a fact he's not dead.
Jack and Ana know he's alive, and that he's Reaper. Mercy does as well, since she did it to him. There is also in-game dialogue for this. Pretty sure Sombra and McCree know too.
If the games stays loyal to lore at all, Mcree and Mercy do know, I would say Tracer doesn't considering how she disrespectfully mocks Reaper after killing him in game "DEEAATHH COOMEESS!"
If the game doesn't follow lore even remotely when it comes to at least who knows what and who knows who, I would say by the comics I've read, only Sombra, Jack, Mercy, and Ana know. Since Mercy is allegedly blamed for creating Reaper
McCree surely knows it, as you can see from their in-game interactions (i.e. before starting a match). Also when one of them kills the other one.
I'm pretty sure Zen knows who he is and his backstory, although they don't know each other. I derive this from the line Zen says when he kills a Reaper: "Revenge is not justice."
Reinhardt knows for sure, listen to their in-game interactions when they kill each other, especially Rein shouting "Traitor!" .
03/27/2017 01:17 AMPosted by SlyMisterFox

you must not read the comics. Jack and Ana KNOW he's not dead. Mercy revived Reaper, so obviously she knows for a fact he's not dead.

03/27/2017 01:20 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
Jack and Ana know he's alive, and that he's Reaper. Mercy does as well, since she did it to him. There is also in-game dialogue for this. Pretty sure Sombra and McCree know too.

Yeah I don't really read the comics
03/27/2017 01:20 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe

Sombra definitely knows. There's an interaction between them:

Sombra: "So, Gabe. Can I call you Gabe?"

Reaper: "Just Stick. To. The. Mission.
03/27/2017 01:21 AMPosted by MasterJJ
Yeah I don't really read the comics

You really should, they're quite amazing!
Orisa doesn't know

She knows nothing

(yet)
03/27/2017 01:24 AMPosted by crocodog
Orisa doesn't know

She knows nothing

(yet)

and she probably will never learn. Even if she did know, she wouldn't do anything with the information. Neither would Bastion. Her sole purpose is to protect her city from Doomfist.
03/27/2017 01:25 AMPosted by SlyMisterFox
03/27/2017 01:24 AMPosted by crocodog
Orisa doesn't know

She knows nothing

(yet)

and she probably will never learn. Even if she did know, she wouldn't do anything with the information. Neither would Bastion. Her sole purpose is to protect her city from Doomfist.

I wonder if she will be fed by some database, maybe once she joined Overwatch? If not, you are of course right. All the more reason to look forward to her ingame interactions during match setup!
So far: Ana and Jack (when they encountered him in Old Soldiers) and Sombra (because she Knows Things).

Even with everything that's happened to Reyes, Ana and Jack would be able to recognize him immediately, given all their close experience serving together over the years.

(To make it extra confusing: it gets a little more complicated in-game because we chose to have some non-canon interactions because I think it's more interesting to have Reinhardt take out Reaper and say, "Traitor!" than to accurately reflect that he doesn't know Reaper's true identity. But as I've said before, events in game shouldn't be considered strictly canon.)
Highly Rated
So does Mercy knows it's him?

Also, Hammeh will have new video up about this. Looking forward to it Hammeh
03/27/2017 09:45 AMPosted by Michael Chu
So far: Ana and Jack (when they encountered him in Old Soldiers) and Sombra (because she Knows Things).

Even with everything that's happened to Reyes, Ana and Jack would be able to recognize him immediately, given all their close experience serving together over the years.

(To make it extra confusing: it gets a little more complicated in-game because we chose to have some non-canon interactions because I think it's more interesting to have Reinhardt take out Reaper and say, "Traitor!" than to accurately reflect that he doesn't know Reaper's true identity. But as I've said before, events in game shouldn't be considered strictly canon.)
but wouldn't mercy know?

Nice!

I love the Soldier/Reaper feud.. I have seen Reaper in many cinematics with widow, but always wondered if the Soldier/Reaper feud would ever be on the frontline again. It seems that Soldier76 has been on the sideline while Reaper is all over the place.

Will we ever see mr. Jack drop in and crash the party?
03/27/2017 09:48 AMPosted by soulchilde

I would hope mercy knows what shes done.

What about Mercy? It's heavily hinted that she is the reason he's in the state that he's in, and they have this interaction:
Mercy - "What happened to you?"
Reaper - "You tell me, doc."
03/27/2017 09:48 AMPosted by soulchilde

haha you're so right