D.Va's Current State: Discussion Megathread Part 14

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
Are you ever going to give up? I know that you Dva players want to OP again. But that's not her play style. Prepare to get locked.

Now you're just making yourself look stupid.

Close to no one wants that. Or do you see S2 F-Tier D.Va that even the devs said was too weak as "overpowered"?
03/29/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Drewdrew72
Are you ever going to give up? I know that you Dva players want to OP again. But that's not her play style. Prepare to get locked.

You should prepare for seeing D.Va's Current State: Discussion Megathread Part 15 sometime tomorrow because Tom has been going around and redirecting feedback to these megathreads.

And I would advise you to stay out of them if that is the best you can come up with.
They should just decrease her head critbox like Winstos and call it a day.
Also i disagree that people call her unviable.
03/29/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Drewdrew72

Well, may be she was overpowered in gold. We want her to be decent at high ranks though, she was never overpowered at high ranks, and right now she is weak there. She is the least picked tank at grandmaster, with 11% against 18% for Winston. And yes, comparing her to dps/support characters isn't correct because they are not exchangeable.

I would be fine if they buffed/reworked her in a way where she becomes decent at high ranks but doesn't become overpowered in low ranks, it's up to Blizzard.
Can you look at this thread I made? D.Va related, if you like it enough maybe we could add it to the pile for the next mega thread.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753805591
03/29/2017 03:35 AMPosted by Eota

Look, simply saying "they disagree" doesn't make sense. Do you really think Jeff K just watched Geoff G slide in DVA changes, and Jeff K just snapped his fingers and went "ooh, that sneaky sneak! I can't do or say anything about this, nuuu!"

No. He signed off on the patch. It went live. Clearly Jeff K agrees with the content, he has the final say on it.

Like when 35% Ironclad went live and Jeff had to say "This is too much." after playing the game, amirite.
Jeff doesn't give a damn about balance, as long as it doesn't affect him when he plays. He's too busy working on events/skins.
It's funny seeing how much you guys are trying. You guys aren't getting any buffs, the devs even said it themselves, and they lowkey threw some shots at you guys with the Twitter post.

Post nerf D.Va is still picked to this day, and you guys are still whining that she's bad.

Ever thought that you guys might not be good since she requires some thought to play now? Player problem =/= character problem.
@Eota You have the right to your own opinion, yet I ask you to not share it with us. In all your answers, you only defend your opinion. And this in a kind and whiteness that is too aggressive and reminds someone else. Who that is you can imagine for yourself. Nevertheless, you should pay attention to how you behave towards other people and society. Alone the expression of you, that all people are inferior, which try to change, is sad. I can only say that I am happy about a system in which I can talk, give my impressions without being offended at the same time. For you, sir, express yourself clearly enough that all who think differently are your enemies, and therefore have no right to speak. But at the end of the day, I hope that you read this , think about it and apply it to your postion. You do not have to answer me, because I block you, which means that your answer does not really matter to me.
I wish you a nice day

Back to the topic. I am still of the opinion that DVA and Orisa share the same problem. Both have for their tasks, which they should fulfill, simply too little effective hp. Neither the DM nor fortify can provide the protection other tanks have. Both DVA as Orisa had effective 750 HP, with all other tanks having more. Also, it must be noted that I see DM and the shield of Orisa not as good defenses, as they are countered by too many things. Both can be eliminated by simple movement. The other tanks have just better defenses. Reinhardt has effective 2500 HP, Winston 1100 HP, Roadhog 900 HP and Zarya 600+ HP. There must also be known that both Roadhog and Zarya have an extremely good kit and self healing. Neither DVA nor Orisas kit are equivalent to one of the other two.

The developers must therefore, in my opinion, make it that DVA and Orisa are equivalent to the other tanks. Slade has already given good starting points. Furthermore, I would like the same for the dps and support heroes.

#buffMcCree
#buffReaper
03/29/2017 04:44 AMPosted by Monza
I am still of the opinion that DVA and Orisa share the same problem.

Can't fully agree here because we were not able to test her in competitive. You can be right, but in my opinion it is better to wait at least a few weeks before judging.

After all, I remember people saying that Sombra is going to be overpowered back then. In this case it can be otherwise.
03/28/2017 11:59 PMPosted by Eota

They are just reducing the spam to a single thread. Its like containing a fire and letting it burn out. They've already said their piece on this topic, they just continue to entertain the 'feedback' being brayed at them.

Honestly, Dva mains - take a moment and look around at the feedback you are getting in these threads. Community downvotes, ridicule, annoyance. This thread is linked on reddit as a joke:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchCirclejerk/comments/622qc1/when_your_waifu_get_nerfed_for_being_op_but_you/

This entire thread is a joke for the community. You can all stay in here and safe-space vote each others comments, but you should stop and really take a minute to see the truth:

No one is listening anymore. We just want you to go back inside so we don't have to turn up our music.

Honestly, corndog is you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

Analysis: Represented here are the following.
- Strawmanning. We don't consider her a waifu. I'm not even a Dva main, but feel really let down by lack of challenge when facing her. It's too easy a kill and I'm not the only non-Dva here.
- Ad hominem. We're a joke not because we don't have a point, we may sometimes be a joke for the unproductive or ineffective ideas we suggest, but no where near the joke that happens when people keep derailing the conversation with "you just want your OP state back because it was your carry to good ranks."
- Band wagon. "Noone is listening", yet here you are again. Noone is forcing you to stay here. You and your type are more than welcome to leave, we'll send you off with a hug and a wave if that makes you stay away.

Overall score: E+. Grammar was good, sentence structure uncreative and bland. Correct use of interpunction, but overall it shows an utter lack of rhetorical persuasive power. Recommending against a career in politics or journalism.
Please check at the meta report as follow:

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/03/pc-meta-report-s4w3.html

D.Va continues to decline sharply as the player skill raises. Basically D.Va is pretty much useless in its current state once players learn howto counter her....which pretty much everyone can. And she offers little to her team in return for her weaknesses. Hence, she is broken, plain and Simple and the devs broke her as many player had warned her changes were to drastic and complemented each other to make a pretty much useless hero, except against teams that are bad enough that cannot handle her.

So count me for option 1 as even if they revert the health she will still be underpowered compared to other tanks.

I stopped playing her as quite honestly is not that I consider her a troll pick but I feel honestly BAD that my team will have to put up with me on D.Va. I know the healer will have to constantly watch me and that the enemy will get ultimate fasters.
14 now eh?

Welp, I'll be serving drinks in the back. Good discussion to everyone!!~
I just find it funny that we are already in mega thread number 14 where D.VA is probably in her most balanced state since release.
03/29/2017 05:12 AMPosted by YOYO
I just find it funny that we are already in mega thread number 14 where D.VA is probably in her most balanced state since release.

How is being weaker then a troll pick (which is what she was considered since release up til 1.6) balanced? Do explain.
I like the comments "she is still picked". Every hero ever will see play just because some people main them. That don't mean they are viable or fun to play. DVA is viable yes (just with a good healer but ok) but not fun to play or as effective as other tanks. All tanks out perform her and thats the thing why we want a Buff.
03/29/2017 04:40 AMPosted by Valkrona
It's funny seeing how much you guys are trying. You guys aren't getting any buffs, the devs even said it themselves, and they lowkey threw some shots at you guys with the Twitter post.

Post nerf D.Va is still picked to this day, and you guys are still whining that she's bad.

Ever thought that you guys might not be good since she requires some thought to play now? Player problem =/= character problem.

The devs said things very early on following her nerf. They also said that they would keep an eye on her to monitor how the changes turn out. I can't find these "shots" the devs apparently threw at us on twitter anywhere...

Every character sees play...it doesn't work as an excuse for them being viable.

D.Va requires thought to play now??? Hmmm...if by "thought" you mean trying to be a DM bot for your team while requiring pocket heals and ignoring her dive playstyle...well yeah I guess she's basically a dive based hero who can't dive and has a 4 second shield which is exaggerated about by everyone. Practically every hero melts her in most engagements, and if they don't melt her...they just run away and abuse D.Va's awful damage falloff.

Baby D.Va is literally a more viable option for damage than her own mech at the moment...and this makes 0 sense...she might as well just tape her laser pistols to her mech with that logic. Super short range with massive falloff, coupled with giant hitbox, and the lack of her original armor makes for some extremely difficult matches with D.Va.

No one wants D.Va to be OP...we just want her to fit alongside the other tank options...Zarya can shield her team just as well as D.Va can...only her damage just increases with time. Roadhog can get kills every 8 seconds and heal constantly. Winston can attack while he's shielded and dive properly. Rein basically is the shield king. D.Va's 4 second DM is no reward for being easier to kill than any other tank in the game!
03/29/2017 05:14 AMPosted by TankHunter
03/29/2017 05:12 AMPosted by YOYO

How is being weaker then a troll pick (which is what she was considered since release up til 1.6) balanced? Do explain.

How exactly she is weaker than a troll pick? are you even watch competitive play? she is being picked a lot by pro teams, on ladder, hell, I pick her when I play on various maps.

Yes, she isn't the 400 armor unkillable 1v1 machine that she used to be in early s3 and require some thought and skill but she is no where near weak in any sense shape or form.
Regarding "down-votes", and I'm only speaking for myself, but every time I read something like "git gud", "circle jerk", "want her to be OP" or similar I just hit the "Dislike" button and move on to the next post, as I have little tolerance for troll or disrespectful posts that just waste my time. Not only that, but when people resort to insulting, it's usually because they don't have a clear mind or are running out of arguments.

Checking Win % is definitely not a good way to go about it. I'd look like an outstanding D.Va until you checked how many matches I've played this season as her and everyone else. It would also disregard if you were in a group or not, or that you're usually placed a bit under your rank when the Season starts, making the initial matches extra easy.
Also while the sample in Omnicmeta is technically large enough to represent the community choices in general, I'd still rather trust the variance in picks from week to week that the exact %'s.
And yes, Blizzy will never post this stuff themselves. They'd just be asking for trouble every time a change wouldn't go well, like this one.
03/29/2017 05:19 AMPosted by YOYO
<span class="truncated">...</span>

How exactly she is weaker than a troll pick? are you even watch competitive play? she is being picked a lot by pro teams, on ladder, hell, I pick her when I play on various maps.

Yes, she isn't the 400 armor unkillable 1v1 machine that she used to be in early s3 and require some thought and skill but she is no where near weak in any sense shape or form.

- watch her userate at GM
- she is a trollpick without a good healer because the enemy farm Ultcharge
- 400 armor is not unkillable see S1 as also a trollpick
- every tank can win a 1v1 but not Dva?
03/29/2017 05:19 AMPosted by YOYO
picked a lot by pro teams

By a team of 6 where everyone knows their place and have a good level of cooperation?