D.Va's Current State: Discussion Megathread Part 14

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
Oh sheesh,

this is still going on?
03/29/2017 09:25 AMPosted by DuckDodgers
So who exactly did Jeff say D.Va was designed to face? I'm not being critical it's just that i have trouble diving Lucio's and finishing them off. Maybe they could tighten her spread a bit rather than boost her damage or raise her health.

That's because you're bad at track aiming maybe. Everyone in this game has trouble to kill good Lucio who can wallride and run away. Even GM players. Lucio is hard to kill, deal with it.
03/29/2017 09:19 AMPosted by StormEagle
Except D.Va can stall out reloads with Defense Matrix and immediately melt Soldier.
Yeah, you read that bit in the parenthesis?

Emptying your whole clip into defensive matrix... fun fact, when I'm up against D.Va as Soldier, I'm quite good at avoiding that. Maybe if people had tried playing D.Va instead of just hating on her, they'd know how DM works.

And are you really surprised that Soldier can counter a Tank when, you know, he's an offense hero? Have you also considered that maybe it's not D.Va who's underpowered but Soldier who is just as overcentralizing (if not worse) as D.Va was to the meta due to his kit offering so much while having absurdly high burst damage? Ironically, the only way to counter Nano Boosted Tactical Visor is with Defense Matrix as Rein's shield will break even if it's at full health.
Well, which of the heroes that needs balance changes the most can be discussed, of course, but it doesn't change that:
a) Soldier is a rapid fire hero
b) He is most definitely a threat to D.Va in their current incarnations

Most people here are screaming for buffs to D.Va because she could 1v1 every character in the game with Ana before their nerfs.
1v1... that expression... I do not think it means what you think it means.
03/29/2017 09:36 AMPosted by StormEagle
03/29/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Ceratisa
No it won't.

Go ahead. Provide your math. Based on what I've found, if you shoot two Helix Rockets then the shield will barely break.

I'm not sure if you're just contradicting yourself here. The post being quoted saying "No it won't" is saying that because you implied in the segment they quoted that Rein shields go down to a nanoboosted Soldier. Now you're saying it will barely break the shield. Well, WHAT IS IT THEN?!?

Now, I can do the math for you about those "two helix rockets" that will break Rein's shield in the original post. Helix does 120 damage. Nano-boost gives 50% damage increase. So 2 combined helix rockets would do a total damage of 360 damage. Not even enough to bring the shield down halfway. Okay.... what if soldier if firing at the shield while helix rocketing? With nano-boost, his damage becomes 30. 30 * 25 = 750

Given that soldier can fire around... 2 clips worth of ammo in that time. It'd be 1500. 1500 + 360 = 1860. A whole ult spent JUST to almost take down a barrier? This of course assuming soldier can fire Helix rockets as soon as he gets nano-boosted and fire them again when off of CD milliseconds before nano-boost wears off. And also assuming no one else is firing at the shield.

I know breaking a rein shield can decide a team fight, but devoting a support ult and a soldier to breaking only the shield (if no one else is firing) is kinda a waste of an ult. Rein shield is gonna recharge back to full quicker than Ana's ult will.

03/29/2017 09:40 AMPosted by StormEagle
03/29/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Kinni
It's hard for me to say but. A lot of the dva mains are indeed NOT stupid.

They are just bias and will lie to themselves and say dva is underpowered before realizing she was a crutch for many people in ranked in the beginning of season 3. And now had to actually work as hard as everyone else to win.

Speaking the truth. Some D.Va mains would rather pour drain cleaner down their ears then listen to... EGAD-- LOGIC.

She only has problems with her damage, and that's it. People weren't complaining about the damage pre-nerf though, hmm.... that's because they literally never died so damage wasn't an issue.

Maybe they "literally" never died because Ana's healing was a bit ridiculous at the time. But you know, it can't ever be ana's fault in playing a role to why D.va was a bit OP. That 100 standard hp sure made the difference between meh to unkillable.

And no one asked for that 100 hp either. Maybe they could have gone back to 100hp/400armor, since the issues started to appear after that hp buff.
03/29/2017 09:56 AMPosted by Smonk
I guess you could say that since all of you turn a blind eye to reason. All you do is downvote the opposite viewpoint since it doesn't conform to your wants. I'm sure you'd even downvote Geoff's posts if you could. This mob mentality is quite infuriating, I must say. If this were a true discussion thread, it would be two-sided.

And then someone of your site wants us to show math, Ceratisa and I do so, downvoted.

But let's not mention any of that.
Why is this still a thing.
03/29/2017 10:15 AMPosted by FrogNerd

Because people still dont understand that d.va is not fine so continue to try and troll this thread as people continually reply back the same reasons that she isnt fine

so the thread just keeps getting bumped and bumped forever

it wont end so long as people are ignorant/jack butts, and or until we get something more conclusive from geoff/kappa, that isnt seething in discontent.
Dva is not the worst hero in the game yet she is the only one who has gotten multiple 2000 post threads by the same people.

Can we really be honest with ourselves right now.
03/29/2017 10:15 AMPosted by FrogNerd

Because D.Va id in a pathetic state. Honestly. Less than 10 % pick in GM for a TANK....is just a sad to even pretend they don't realize this.
03/29/2017 10:20 AMPosted by Kinni
Dva is not the worst hero in the game yet she is the only one who has gotten multiple 2000 post threads by the same people.

You see new faces in these too. Not being "the worst" is poor reasoning honestly.

Honestly i think those other heros need to complain harder since being introverted hasnt helped them at all.
03/29/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Ceratisa
03/29/2017 09:19 AMPosted by StormEagle
Ironically, the only way to counter Nano Boosted Tactical Visor is with Defense Matrix as Rein's shield will break even if it's at full health.
No it won't.

Lmao someone can't do math.

Soldier 76
  • Heavy Pulse Rifle
    • 20 damage per shot
    • 25 shots per clip
    • Max of 500 per clip
  • Nano Boosted Heavy Pulse Rifle
    • 30 damage per shot
    • 25 shots per clip
    • Max of 750 per clip

Nano Boosted Soldier 76 cannot even take out Orisa's 900hp shield in 1 clip, what made him think it could take out Reignhardt's 2000 hp shield?

Not to mention, Tactical Visor lasts 6 seconds while D.Va's Defense Matrix lasts for 4 seconds. She can't eat everything.
03/29/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Ceratisa

You see new faces in these too. Not being "the worst" is poor reasoning honestly.

No it's not, it proves that she's not even close to being the worst yet people complain because they are bias and you try to avoid the fact that you are bias and most people here have 90% percent playtime on dva and healers bias biased biased bias.
03/29/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Nazrin

Honestly i think those other heros need to complain harder since being introverted hasnt helped them at all.

Maybe they just think logically, actually try to improve their mechanics instead of the character, have better things to do like actually play the game, or better yet they know that the devs have more statistics and common sense than your everyday gamer.

But go on ahead mark me off as a troll or being aggressive instead of actually looking at yourself instead of blaming others.

I'm honestly just trying to help you guys see the light. But this is the internet who am I kidding.
To whoever was asking about the Twitch AMA source (sorry I was going to quote and respond to several posts that were made overnight but I lost my copy/paste trying to keep responses to multiple pages' posts in one response)....

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123214458

Jump to about 4:15:00 in the vod for the Q&A portion. For the specific question pertaining to DVA, try 4:24:45.

Geoff says things like "she had no counter". He talks about increasing Reaper's viability against her.........

For context this was relatively shortly after the nerf that put her in her current state. It is also worth keeping in mind that this was during the "editorial" portion of the Q&A.

Give it a quick view, the DVA-specific question is only a couple minutes long and you may disagree with my characterization of what he said.
03/29/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Kinni
that the devs have more statistics and common sense than your everyday gamer.

It would certainly be nice if they actually showed it

also i havent marked you as a troll nor have i dropped any downboats yet

but as it is not saying anything doesnt help, saying anything doesnt help so its a 50 50 that this thread will get anything accomplished and i like those odds.
Wow, already almost full.
I like the posts that say "discussion is encouraged". Then answer someone that the devs have, in fact, replied to these threads a few times. (They asked why devs haven't replied at all). Gets downvoted for stating a fact.
03/29/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Kinni
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Maybe they just think logically, actually try to improve their mechanics instead of the character, have better things to do like actually play the game, or better yet they know that the devs have more statistics and common sense than your everyday gamer.

But go on ahead mark me off as a troll or being aggressive instead of actually looking at yourself instead of blaming others.

I'm honestly just trying to help you guys see the light. But this is the internet who am I kidding.

Thank you for taking the time point out to others that they should consider the possibility that their views and reasons are incorrect.

So, have you ever considered directing those insights on yourself?

03/28/2017 05:56 PMPosted by Kinni
What idea can I suggest that isn't a buff that won't get downvoted.

03/28/2017 07:11 PMPosted by Kinni
03/28/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Synaesthesia
I'm pretty confused here.

D.Va Nuts: Wahhhhh! I can't noobstomp anymore!

Devs: Yeah, we made some changes.

D.Va Nuts: No, no, no, listen to me!!! OVER HERE!!!

Devs: Yeah, we see you. Still made changes. She is in a balanced place now.

D.Va Nuts: No, NO, NOOOO!!! Didn't you hear me??? I am NOT HAPPY!!!

Devs: Yeah, we heard you. Our years of gaming development, coupled with data and the fact that WE OWN AND OPERATE THE GAME, tell us she is better post changes and will stay like that for some time.

D.Va Nuts: B...b...b...but, I am NOT HAPPY!!! I might even... leave!!! So THERE!!! Now what?!?

Devs: Yeah, we are a for-profit company and figure more players will be retained and more new players will join a balanced game. Didn't you read our myriad responses?

D.Va Nuts: THEY DIDN'T SAY WHAT I WANTED!!!!!

Devs: Yeah, OK.

Am I missing something?

Someone tell me this isn't the truth

03/28/2017 07:34 PMPosted by Kinni

Okay. It's not the truth. It's actually nowhere near the truth if you actually bothered to read the threads. Wanna know what is the truth though?

Literally every troll that pops up in this thread: "D.va is fine git gud, she has two lives, Defense Matrix that blocks literally everything for an infinite amount of time, and a nuke that kills the whole team. SHE WAS UNKILLABLE BEFORE AND NOW YOU'RE JUST MAD YOU CAN'T 1V6 LOL"

But tell me is there any type of words that could convince you dva was fine.

03/29/2017 05:48 AMPosted by Kinni
Why do you dva players care so much...

You are being very productive with your lives rn

How is this even a discussion if no one can convince you she at a balanced state

Thing is though, we've given them enough "Just rights!"
We proposed to turn her back to 100/400, but nope.

This is why no one takes this !@#$ serious lmao.

People like this guy (and pretty much the rest of dva players) speak as if only his word is fact, even more so than GAME DEVELOPERS AND PLENTY FELLOW FORUMERS, leaving no room for debate.

03/29/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Kinni

Oh hey, a GM player with 100% of their time on D.Va this season, and a 62% win rate. Tell me more about how D.Va needs buffs!

As for the multiple comments on stats. It's true stats don't tell you everything, but they tell you something. Sure, Symm had a very high win-rate, but she also had a very low pick-rate and basically 0 play-time in professional matches. D.Va isn't like that.

Is there ANY stat that shows her performing poorly?

Preach

03/29/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Kinni

Except D.Va can stall out reloads with Defense Matrix and immediately melt Soldier. And are you really surprised that Soldier can counter a Tank when, you know, he's an offense hero? Have you also considered that maybe it's not D.Va who's underpowered but Soldier who is just as overcentralizing (if not worse) as D.Va was to the meta due to his kit offering so much while having absurdly high burst damage? Ironically, the only way to counter Nano Boosted Tactical Visor is with Defense Matrix as Rein's shield will break even if it's at full health.

No, because people here seem to lack critical thought on things. Most people here are screaming for buffs to D.Va because she could 1v1 every character in the game with Ana before their nerfs. She actually has gotten buffed in that she can protect teammates from Roadhog like Zarya can, but no one noticed.

Also, about that Reddit thread, it's actually a shame it got deleted because while it may have seemed toxic, it did offer some discussion as to whether D.Va was overpowered or not. There were Masters and Grandmasters who were going out and saying D.Va didn't need buffs.

Willing to bet most D.Va mains here are/were in Silver and Gold and ended up pubstomping with D.Va because she was unkillable then. It takes an extreme amount of bias to claim a character needs buffed when that character is supposed to have a high skill cap. It's why developers and most people have ignored the Widow buff threads, because a good Widow can and will make your life hell. D.Va does it as well, except most D.Va mains in Plat, Diamond, and Masters don't jump into a 1v3 thinking they can win that battle.

Again, it is simple and utter desperation for buffs.

It's hard for me to say but. A lot of the dva mains are indeed NOT stupid.

They are just bias and will lie to themselves and say dva is underpowered before realizing she was a crutch for many people in ranked in the beginning of season 3. And now had to actually work as hard as everyone else to win.

03/29/2017 09:56 AMPosted by Kinni
Also as a reaper main believe it or not but I think he is also fine.

He just demands a certain play style that I won't get into with paragraphs and this isn't a reaper thread so that just gives me more the reason to say dva needs no buffs.

Maybe you need to reevaluate what you think is constructive or "helping?"
Bolded for emphasis.

This is why no one takes this !@#$ serious lmao.

People like this guy (and pretty much the rest of dva players) speak as if only his word is fact, even more so than GAME DEVELOPERS AND PLENTY FELLOW FORUMERS, leaving no room for debate.

:thinking: