Slo-mo option for custom games?

General Discussion
What if there was an option to change the timescale of the game so that you could have slo-mo or super speed games? I got the idea from the end-of-round slow motion effect that happens, and I thought it would be pretty fun if you could have that as an option for custom games. It would make hitscan heroes really powerful (especially widow) but since it's a custom game, the creator can decide how to balance it.
03/24/2017 05:47 PMPosted by Yuurg
What if there was an option to change the timescale of the game so that you could have slo-mo or super speed games? I got the idea from the end-of-round slow motion effect that happens, and I thought it would be pretty fun if you could have that as an option for custom games. It would make hitscan heroes really powerful (especially widow) but since it's a custom game, the creator can decide how to balance it.

I like the idea... bullet time
The engine can time scale. We use it internally frequently. We'll look into whether or not we can make this a Custom Game option for you.

Fun fact: Lucio's first ult used to be a total time scale for everyone in the match -- except for Lucio.
Highly Rated
03/24/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Fun fact: Lucio's first ult used to be a total time scale for everyone in the match -- except for Lucio.

Wow
The engine can time scale. We use it internally frequently. We'll look into whether or not we can make this a Custom Game option for you.

AOFOQ#FGO

I want it! That's what should of been changed instead of the damage boost haha.

Now THAT'S how you get tinnitus

The beat was never more dropped than that.

please tell me that your going to have that in the game one day, that sounds incredible to have.
Lucio's first ult used to be a total time scale for everyone in the match -- except for Lucio.

wait even his teammates.

Thats such a trolly ult. Please somehow let people activate that alternative ult.
Lol. So if the game was slower than normal, we could then have speed up time mechanics where a hero could move faster while everyone remains unaffected?
That would be really cool.

Or vica versa: Everyone on your team is affected and everything else slows down, making aiming easier, etc, while the other team is unaffected. Man that would be awesome!

ZA-WO-RU-DO!!

Don't let that stop you from making a hero capable of doing that.

I like to imagine this was one of those abilities that could stack in No Limits.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
03/24/2017 06:14 PMPosted by LiveSlow

I like to imagine this was one of those abilities that could stack in No Limits.

I can imagine a hero with a power exactly the The World in JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - it stops time completely for the hero for a limited amount of time - projectiles, flying, jumping and falling heros are suspended mid air etc - 100% time scale - any projectiles thrown by the time stopper also hangs in mid air until time starts back up again - if another has the power they can see the time stopped hero move, while everyone else gets no visual updates - their screen just freezes

The way they would typically use it would be to melee enemies during time sop, or stage projectiles for everyone you can reach in time with close projectiles aimed at them from multiple angles that ought to hit when time starts back up

The enemy with this power can activate *their* time stop during the time stop however then those two will be able to fight except their projectiles won't do anything - they would have to use melee on each other - the one who pops it second will get the difference in when they threw time stop as exclusive time stop at the end - so the longer you put up with just watching your opponent use it, the longer you get it exclusively when theirs runs out

This wouldn't be a long time total - like 6 seconds
this isn't max Payne multiplayer!

What about giving that ability to liao

Wouldn't that have been a better ult for Tracer?

But, only if her voice line says "Zah Worldo!"
I wouldn't mind if a hero had a global time scale power that works on all including himself and turns all hitscan into fast projectiles. Also has dual 9mm pistols and dive powers.

2 requests. Please let a future hero have this ult, and let him have a legendary skin that is similar to Quicksilver in Xmen films or comics.

ps cheesy music montage during ult is welcome also