The dumbest excuse for someone to throw?

General Discussion
gotta be the classic non-meta protest.

"you picked a character that is likely to make us lose, so i am going to make sure we lose"

???????
because someone throw the basket ball first and it didn't even go in
I had a majority of my team throw once because I picked doomfist and they saw I had a high winrate with him. [was 64% at the time this happened] Mercy went widow, Orisa went hanzo and our soldier went ana. All of those were at less than 20% winrate. I even offered to swap to rein or orisa but the three of them left team comp at that point. Didn't get any healing from ana and never saw our snipers get a pick in kill feed. It's crazy how some people hate to see off meta picks doing well in comp.
Someone knocked his basketball.
02/18/2018 01:28 AMPosted by SPACEJACK
because someone throw the basket ball first and it didn't even go in

LOL.

Legitimately got a message (console) in qp one time that because we broke the motorcycle in the junkertown spawn, that player was throwing. Apparently he/she was serious.
"I don't like your skin"

*proceeds to jump off cliff*
"A mercy main isn't playing mercy gg why even try"
"attack widow. why try lmao gg"

I once had a junkrat one trick throw because he had gold damage
over me as soldier who had only been soldier one round vs him being junk the entire game.

I've had pharahs throw because I wouldn't pocket them all game as a sOLO healing mercy.

I've had people throw because some chick on the team DARED to go into voice chat.

Idk. Hard to pick the DUMBEST. They're all so stupid.
When someone chooses a 'throw pick', the thrower's favorite character, or the 'I'm throwing until you switch to (insert hero)'.

Throw picks can be deadly, they might be a better Mccree or whoever, and why should the guy with because why not we'll say he has 4 gold medals switch when he is obviously doing his part and then some.
02/18/2018 01:35 AMPosted by arachnofab
"A mercy main isn't playing mercy gg why even try"
"attack widow. why try lmao gg"

I once had a junkrat one trick throw because he had gold damage
over me as soldier who had only been soldier one round vs him being junk the entire game.

I've had pharahs throw because I wouldn't pocket them all game as a sOLO healing mercy.

I've had people throw because some chick on the team DARED to go into voice chat.

Idk. Hard to pick the DUMBEST. They're all so stupid.

It's sad to know these people exist
"IMA premade! Jeff don't ban premades, you do as we say or we throw and mass report you because IMA PREMADE!" Seen that statement (paraphrased of course) 20+ times. :/ Gets real old to know premades get pandered to something fierce in this game. With report abusing and the lack of solo or at least duo comps.
Had a guy "Throw" On Numbani..
On Defense..
In a comp game..

Because i picked Bastion at the hero select skin.. before anyone else chose a character, Which only happened after the spawn door opened...
-.-

Bastion, on Defense, On Numbani...
He literally lost it over voice chat, which is rare anyways on console. X3

(This happens to be my favorite strategy too, Bastion can hold that point pretty well, even without any Shields)
Me, another random and a 4 stack. I pick Ana, other guy picks Hanzo. 4 stack says they're throwing if Hanzo doesn't switch. He didn't. On attack they picked Torb, Sym, Widow, and Doomfist but Doomfist proceeded to jump off the map the entire game. After constant back and forth, I said screw it, "Battle Grandma activated, throw with no heals". I'd say it went as well as you think it did, but I'd be lying. Somehow, we won, and it was some of the best teamwork I've ever seen.
"It's fun"
"I wanna see what bronze is like"
*Attackers incoming for 30 seconds*
Someone: I'll throw for no reason
Mistuha: WTFFFF??????
Team setup at start: 5 dps and a Lucio
People call for tanks/heal: no one switches
Me: Hey, I have actually won matches with setups like this
2 other people: "Yeah, sure" *keeps standing at the spawn spinning*
Everyone insta locks dps, except one guy.

This always happens, people insta lock their best hero so it won't get taken, and swap if team needs it.

But he didn't bother to wait, he went Hanzo (0 minutes) and 2 of us went tank, and 2 supports.

He didn't swap the whole game, intentionally fed, and jumped off map the entire game.

ALL because we "instalocked" (He was a support main)
An !@#$%^ kept asking for 2-2-2 but nobody complied. The comp was 3-2-1 which was fine because we were winning. DPS were dominating which made my life as a healer easier.

The egotistical bastard decided to throw because he felt insulted that nobody listened to him. He said "Ok I'm throwing" and chose Torb, built a turret at our spawn point and went afk.

Game ended in a Draw which could have been won easily.

Until now no action taken against the idiot even after my team reported. I still see him/her in Competitive.
Normal competitive day: (bronze to gold)

1st game: lose because of leaver
2nd game: lose because 2 of 4 dps died early because overextending
3rd game: you get raped by moira and a smurf widow and reinhard keeps charging into the whole enemy group.
4th game: you win, you actually win a game!- your opponent had a leaver , yeay....
5th game: solid team but in the end your team begins to throw.

repeat