Ana's wonky hitbox is part of why she's broken.

General Discussion
Something is definitely funky with her hitbox. She's the only 200 health hero that I have a hard time reliably doing a OHKO with the Hog. I've tried adjusting my aim lower and higher along her model to no avail. It seems to be more luck of the draw than anything when shooting at her with a shotgun weapon or anything else with a decent cone of fire like Tracer or Sombra's weapons.
The forums are just wading their way through EVERY single aspect of Ana's kit and won't stop until Ana doesn't have a weapon, is the size of Roadhog and has no abilities or ultimate.
04/02/2017 10:49 AMPosted by James
The forums are just wading their way through EVERY single aspect of Ana's kit and won't stop until Ana doesn't have a weapon, is the size of Roadhog and has no abilities or ultimate.

Fixing her hitboxes so they match the model isn't a "nerf everything about Ana" post.
This is actually a real problem. I have posted something similar before. Zenyatta hitbox is stupid. SO EASY TO KILL. If I see a Zen, I know is an EASY kill for me. So when I play Zen, I always feel weak, super weak.

When I see an Ana, as a flanker, I do not even try. I just hit her to force her nade and run away. When she moves her hitbox is the most inconsistent thing I have seen in this game. Worst than Lucio.

I wonder If this is a design choice. Let me explain.

Does Zenyatta have the worst hitbox of supports to be easy to kill?
Does Ana have the most nonintuitive and strange hitbox of supports to be so hard to kill?

If that is the case, then I would understand. If it is an "accidental" thing, then the Overwatch team should consider this as a balance issue.

I like Zen. He is powerfull. But he felts so weaks against... anything (in regards to his hitbox).

What do you guys think?

BTW, I am a Top500 player, I think you would aprecciate my perspective.
Stap hurting grandmama, what has she done to you, why would want to shoot her, she just wants to give out cookies, hard candy and concentrated love in a needle for everyone.
I strongly support this thread.

04/02/2017 10:49 AMPosted by James

This is :
1 - Not true
2 - Not the point
04/02/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Faraam
This is actually a real problem. I have posted something similar before. Zenyatta hitbox is stupid. SO EASY TO KILL. If I see a Zen, I know is an EASY kill for me. So when I play Zen, I always feel weak, super weak.

When I see an Ana, as a flanker, I do not even try. I just hit her to force her nade and run away. When she moves her hitbox is the most inconsistent thing I have seen in this game. Worst than Lucio.

Does Ana have the most nonintuitive and strange hitbox of supports to be so hard to kill?

If that is the case, then I would understand. If it is an "accidental" thing, then the Overwatch team should consider this as a balance issue.

I like Zen. He is powerfull. But he felts so weaks against... anything (in regards to his hitbox).

What do you guys think?

On serious note, blizzard design a game where its not a paper vs scissor vs rock game completely. Yes, a flanker should kill supports, but that doesnt mean a low skilled flanker should kill a high skilled support. Its a game where if one has the advantage, screws up, then the other one can follows up it. Im sick of people hearing people try to make overwatch have counter this character to win, there are ways to outplay your enemy. In a zen vs tracer match, tracer does have the advantage but it doesnt mean auto win, zenyatta can kill you if you mess up your positioning and same goes zenyatta if messes up too. You guys want a flanker that can kill Ana close up, pick sombra, hack her and press m1 you can kill her before she can with the damage nerf.

TL;DR
Overwatch isnt a 100% rock vs paper game, you can outplay your enemy even in an unfair advantage.
04/02/2017 11:22 AMPosted by SNWDRFT
04/02/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Faraam

What do you guys think?

On serious note, blizzard design a game where its not a paper vs scissor vs rock game completely. Yes, a flanker should kill supports, but that doesnt mean a low skilled flanker should kill a high skilled support. Its a game where if one has the advantage, screws up, then the other one can follows up it. Im sick of people hearing people try to make overwatch have counter this character to win, there are ways to outplay your enemy. In a zen vs tracer match, tracer does have the advantage but it doesnt mean auto win, zenyatta can kill you if you mess up your positioning and same goes zenyatta if messes up too. You guys want a flanker that can kill Ana close up, pick sombra, hack her and press m1 you can kill her before she can with the damage nerf.

TL;DR
Overwatch isnt a 100% rock vs paper game, you can outplay your enemy even in an unfair advantage.

I know. But I am talking about Ana´s inconsisten hitbox. Just that. Even Pro players have a hard time killing her, because when she is moving arround (generaly with Lucio speed boost) you feel that your shoots are not quite connecting as they should. So when I say It could be a balance issue, I am saying that the OW team should check Ana hitbox to see if they can make it more accurrate with the character model.
If it's accurate with the character model then it shouldn't be changed, if it's not then fix it.
They should make her obese so people would finally be able to hit her
03/31/2017 12:20 PMPosted by Girnas
When people asked IDDQD (pro player), how would you balance Ana, he said:

"I would give her Zen's hitbox, and give hers to Zen. Boom both balanced"

now ^^^THIS^^^ I can get behind. I can't count the number of times I've closed on an Ana with her sleep dart on CD thinking I have her only to watch shots that seem like they should land miss while she's hopping around. Same with from a distance.
The amount of effort she takes to drop sometimes is super obnoxious. If I don't get her on my first Pulse Pistol clip with mostly all headshots, she heals up and sinks back into her team formation and I try again when Recall is up again. It takes way more precision because it feels like threading the needle when compared to all other supports. Lucio is slippery as crap but I'll take diving him any day of the week over Ana.