Why do people think Pharah is OP?

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
(I've made a post already showing my side on the argument)

I'm actually curious why people call her OP.
What is so "Overpowered" about her?

We have heroes that one shot every 8 seconds, we have heroes who can turn invisible, we got heroes that can heal through Hanzo ultimates, and we got heroes who can do nothing yet still have aimbot (Torbjorn), and we even got a hero with aimbot.
AND
if you do the math, the new lucio can do more damage than pharah
(I understand that it requires insane accuracy and so many headshots, but it is techniquely possible)

Yes her ult does the most damage in the game, but it's so much easier to get a team kill with an ult that doesn't do much damage (graviton surge) compared to Pharah's ult.

I'm not posting this to pick a side.
I only am posting this because I want an explanation:
How is she "OP"

I seriously don't understand that side of the big argument going on here on the forums.

The only person I think needs a nerf is Symmetra, because of so many things she can techniquely shoot through walls. And maybe soldier needs a nerf because of the sheer amount of damage he can do.

And overpowered means that she is so incredibly powerful compared to everyone else, and playing her gives your team an unfair advantage.
At least that is my perception of the definition.
If you play pharah you don't automatically win.

Get good at her counters and she should be easy to deal with.

Please don't like or dislike this post, only comment.
I want an answer, a good answer to my question.

Don't say things like "She can fly!" Or "She shoots rockets!" Or "She got a team kill once!" Because so many people can get a team kill, and every hero has their own special set of abilities.

Thanks for the feedback, whoever actually doesn't dislike this and say "She's OP just 'cause"
:u
She can be halfway across the map and still does maximum damage. To multiple enemies at once. How is that not OP?
I play on console where she is unquestionably dominant in gold and above. Not too sure about PC, I seem to have a bit easier time killing her there but honestly the difference in aiming is overblown. My accuracy isn't really that much better on PC than console.
Sorry that this is such a long post.

I don't mean to say:
PEOPLE ARE SO F***ING CRAZY FOR THINKING THAT PHARAH IS OP!

I mean:
Please just explain your side of the argument in these comments. I want to see some shots being fired of people arguing over there sides. I feel kinda blood thirsty
:^)

I really don't care what happens, I would enjoy playing against Pharah's more if she gets a nerf, but I would barely play her as she would not be as fun.
I'm just curious to see what everyone else thinks about this heated topic going on.
03/26/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Strika10
She can be halfway across the map and still does maximum damage. To multiple enemies at once. How is that not OP?

I agree, rockets travel time is so short, I can't even react within these three full seconds. /s
Pharah is fine, but her skill floor might become a problem.
Before the Pharah's buff, many people suggested a buff to her armor, or air mobility, not a buff to her vertical fly distance that allow her to avoid one of her biggest counter (McCree) due to his falloff dps. Then again, that's the only time Widow is require.

They also end up buffing her splash dps (for what idk) - I'm fine with them reversing that buff.

Also, Blizz need to make a separate forum for console and pc already.

But doesn't Zenyatta also have no falloff? And zen could also be more accurate and do more damage. Couldn't junkrat also hit multiple people at once? Can't Zaria too? Can you try to explain why you think this maybe just a bit better. I can think of so many arguments.
:u

The higher she flies, the more time it takes the rocket to land on you due to distance. One person's awareness and reflexes have to be REALLY slow to be hit by a rocket which comes from many meters away.
Well main reason is probably that, it feels stupid when our soldier was the first to die, and so we cant touch their pharah anymore.

This is the kind of moron who complains about pharah. Rocket travels half way across the map and hits multiple friendlies. Does he question their tactics, positioning or awareness? Of course not, pharah must be op.
I think it was a weird boomerang thing where like, she got a buff a while ago - actually a pretty long time in terms of forum memory/game updates - but it was completely overshadowed by DVA stuff that was ongoing, and then Ana stuff in short order. Once DVa calmed down a bit, and then Ana's nerf came and went as news, all the sudden people kind of remembered Pharah.

So, Pharah getting a buff originally probably wasn't news, but for whatever reason people seem to consider Ana a counter to Pharah, so that original buff (which made her a little harder to hit since she stayed in the air longer), plus Ana having less attack attack power made it seem like Pharah got this big increase in viability.

I'm pretty sure when people kind of come to terms with Ana being less DPS and the people who want to snipe but used Ana to be more of a team player go back to Widow it should level out.
03/26/2017 02:58 PMPosted by moonfrogger
I play on console where she is unquestionably dominant in gold and above. Not too sure about PC, I seem to have a bit easier time killing her there but honestly the difference in aiming is overblown. My accuracy isn't really that much better on PC than console.

I play PC, but I never thought about how she would affect console. That's a really good point though.
Eh most of the time the biggest problem I have with Pharah is the fact that she gets around a bit too well in my opinion. Making VERY painful for support main players like me when team is not paying attention at all.
03/26/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Evilroy
I think it was a weird boomerang thing where like, she got a buff a while ago - actually a pretty long time in terms of forum memory/game updates - but it was completely overshadowed by DVA stuff that was ongoing, and then Ana stuff in short order. Once DVa calmed down a bit, and then Ana's nerf came and went as news, all the sudden people kind of remembered Pharah.

So, Pharah getting a buff originally probably wasn't news, but for whatever reason people seem to consider Ana a counter to Pharah, so that original buff (which made her a little harder to hit since she stayed in the air longer), plus Ana having less attack attack power made it seem like Pharah got this big increase in viability.

I'm pretty sure when people kind of come to terms with Ana being less DPS and the people who want to snipe but used Ana to be more of a team player go back to Widow it should level out.

So well said.
I salute you.
03/26/2017 02:55 PMPosted by ŢheĿegend27

Alright, let's just say for a moment all the other things are correct.
This part is right: Git gud at her counters, and you will indeed not have a problem with pharah.

There's only one tiny little problem: Given that she is in every single game at any decent rank, and she has one counter, it basically means this - Play Widow or Lose.
That is it. That's the entire game now.
That is overwatch: Spamming Widow forever, every game, regardless of circumstances.

Yeah... you'll counter Pharah. Yeah, you won't automatically lose because she's not shutting down your whole team effortlessly.
But at that point.... why even bother playing if you're pidgeonholed into playing the same hero in 99% of matches just to not automatically lose?
She counters 3/4 of heros, and has 0 hard counters, the only 'counters' she has are just heros who she doesn't counter, and 2 of her 'counters' are required to take her out(3-4 if she has a mercy)
Lmao, I don't know if Lucio will ever replace Pharah's damage. I don't think you took her splash damage into account. She's pretty strong since she fights at range. She's hard to hit, mostly. She can also two-shot her counter characters. I prefer Pharah now to the previous Pharah, who could barely fly.

Because her rockets are slow and anything that is NOT a direct hit has a massive falloff on damage?
People can't aim.
03/26/2017 03:05 PMPosted by zakar
03/26/2017 02:55 PMPosted by ŢheĿegend27

Alright, let's just say for a moment all the other things are correct.
This part is right: Git gud at her counters, and you will indeed not have a problem with pharah.

There's only one tiny little problem: Given that she is in every single game at any decent rank, and she has one counter, it basically means this - Play Widow or Lose.
That is it. That's the entire game now.
That is overwatch: Spamming Widow forever, every game, regardless of circumstances.

Yeah... you'll counter Pharah. Yeah, you won't automatically lose because she's not shutting down your whole team effortlessly.
But at that point.... why even bother playing if you're pidgeonholed into playing the same hero in 99% of matches just to not automatically lose?

Do you realise that you've 89 hours on symmetra, 49 on torb, and your next hero is at 12 hours? You've spent so much time on this game playing the same characters. Now, try playing a character who trades ease of use for effectiveness that grows as your skill at playing that character does, instead of a character that plays itself for you but can't effectively fight a pharah.