Why do people think Pharah is OP?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
03/26/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Strika10
She can be halfway across the map and still does maximum damage. To multiple enemies at once. How is that not OP?

if you're still standing in the same place after pharah fires a rocket at you from "across the map" as you say, then you deserve to die.
03/26/2017 03:35 PMPosted by daikinKSA
03/26/2017 03:30 PMPosted by Gravyleg
... And where people are apparently too dumb to move away from the slow moving rockets.

people have 6 enemy against them they will not keep looking at the sky the entire match

but she dose not care because when 76 is dead no one can touch her

but the rest every character in the game can attack them

and her rockets are not symm alt dont be kidding your self and say its slow
Is this your first fps game? The rockets are much slower and weaker than any rockets that have come before them.

This might sound crazy, but in this game, your team comp might have to change depending on the enemy team comp.
03/26/2017 03:42 PMPosted by TrlPrkWdwMkr
She can be halfway across the map and still does maximum damage. To multiple enemies at once. How is that not OP?

if you're still standing in the same place after pharah fires a rocket at you from "across the map" as you say, then you deserve to die.

I don't think she's aiming at anyone when she shoots from distance. She's just spamming into the point where it is expected, and it is a fair expectation, there might be some people.
03/26/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Gravyleg
<span class="truncated">...</span>
people have 6 enemy against them they will not keep looking at the sky the entire match

but she dose not care because when 76 is dead no one can touch her

but the rest every character in the game can attack them

and her rockets are not symm alt dont be kidding your self and say its slow
Is this your first fps game? The rockets are much slower and weaker than any rockets that have come before them.

This might sound crazy, but in this game, your team comp might have to change depending on the enemy team comp.

when i fight a tracer all the heros can kill her some more effective than other

but with pharah 76 and widow only

even mccree have dmg fall off that will take him 4 shoots to kill her and she needs only 2
and in the mean time every one from the enemy team can kill him

but pharah who can kill her if the hit scan is dead?
The splash damage buff should be reverted, at least on console.

S76 is very overrated vs Pharah. The problem is her actual hard counters, McCree and Widow, are in a bad spot. Partly due to S76's dominance.
She's perfect the way she is. Just so many people that think they're good at dps simply can't hit her because they have trash aim lol
...Is this your first fps game? The rockets are much slower and weaker than any rockets that have come before them.

even mccree have dmg fall off that will take him 4 shoots to kill her and she needs only 2

If pharah is at a range where mccree needs 4 hits to kill, the cowboy should be taking 0 damage because rockets are not hitscan, are easily dodged, and can't fire faster than one per second. You're asking for nerfs because of bad team comps and bad team play. Pharah can't dodge hitscan, she just has to hope that they're bad and miss, which apparently happens often in your games.
Pharah is a very interesting character to play and play against. Often times a very 'unskilled' player will be able to force the enemy team to pick one of her counters. But often times her counters can be easily avoided. McCree has a hard time killing Pharah because of his damage fall off, Soldier has a bit of an easier job but it's not black and white like a Winston/Widow counter. Soldier needs to be supported by his team to take her out and with Pharah + Mercy combos popping up everywhere this becomes harder with often times the only other hitscan on your team being Ana. Obviously Widow has the easiest time picking off Pharah and Mercy while they are in the air, and forcing them to play on the ground where they are less effective. But Widow is easily countered by many of the common picks that the enemy team has (Genji, Tracer, Winston, D.va) consistent damage and even Pharahs rockets can deal damage Widow and push her out of position. Often times I find the best way to counter a Pharah that is destroying my team, is simply just to play Pharah myself and do the same to the enemy team. This way I can force the enemy on hitscan and distract the Pharah when she tries to 1v1 me.

tl;dr The lack of 'consistent' counters for Pharah are lacking and easily countered.
03/26/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Gravyleg

If pharah is at a range where mccree needs 4 hits to kill, the cowboy should be taking 0 damage because rockets are not hitscan, are easily dodged, and can't fire faster than one per second. You're asking for nerfs because of bad team comps and bad team play. Pharah can't dodge hitscan, she just has to hope that they're bad and miss, which apparently happens often in your games.

off course if the only threat to mccree was pharah but its not

on the other hand the only threat to pharah is mccree

see the proplem?

i know you are a phrah main and you dont want her to be Nerf
i can understand that but you dont have to twist facts and insult others to prove you're point
I think there are a couple of issues with Pharah that have made her a nearly mandatory pick at some MMRs.

First off, there are quite a few heroes that literally can't attack her. Even among the heroes that can attack her, you need very good aim to kill her quickly. If you get unlucky, and neither of the DPS on your team are skilled with heroes that counter Pharah, she'll tear you apart. No other hero *requires* you to pick specific heroes to counter them.

Secondly, she combos ridiculously well with Mercy. While she's hard to dps when solo, you need to have near perfect aim to kill her if she's got a mercy glued to her.
Actually the op is right. Pharah is balanced and it is right that she stands a fifty-fifty chance against her only few counters. As a person who scored a card of 55 direct rocket hits in one of my games, I must say this is because I really had the skill to fly around and use evasion on 3-dimensional levels. It is also skill to use splash damage with rockets which ppl can easily avoid. Pharah is useless in koth maps too, well mostly useless. She can now be countered by orisa as well.

Retard pls. If i shoot across the map you have 6 seconds to dodge and even if you don't, Splash damage does 20 damage\shot. You must be bronze to think that's OP.
I mean I think it's pretty reasonable to call her op simply because she has no HARD counter, like Winston to symmetra or Genji to stupid bastions or anything to a flashbang-less McCree. There's nothing that absolutely shuts her shot down that she can't easily two shot with rockets. Personally she can get annoying but I don't think she needs a nerf
They either:

• Play console
  • She appears to be a bit OP on console, according to feedback from a fair deal of console players. Apparently due to hitscan being harder to control on consoles. But I don't know if this is true or not (I play on PC) or if the reality is that console players are being affected by one of the following possible issues...

• They're low rank
  • In lower ranks she's more common and more oppressive because the hitscan players aren't necessarily skilled enough to kill her with any regularity. Therefore she can reign the skies with impunity at lower skill ranks.

• They don't/can't play hitscan
  • Non-hitscan players might throw around accusations of Pharah being OP because it's much more difficult for them to deal with her.

Those are the only real reasons I can think of.
    -Note to mostly daikinKSA (other people ignore the first sentence)
    Not to blame you or anything but since you don't have a profile, I am going to guess you have a console. Now, let's say that on console there is a Pharah. She will not die very easily because it is harder to aim no console with joysticks or whatever, to prove your point. But on PC, it is harder to play her since it is easier to aim with a mouse, thus why the top 500 on consoles mostly use KB+M.
    there are times on volskia point B where I am sitting halfway across the map lobbing rockets randomly on the point while my team groups up and I kill someone. how can you get killed by two rockets in plain sight from 100 meters away? yet it happens and I assume those are the people that complain about pharah
    <span class="truncated">...</span>

off course if the only threat to mccree was pharah but its not

on the other hand the only threat to pharah is mccree

see the proplem?

i know you are a phrah main and you dont want her to be Nerf
    i can understand that but you dont have to twist facts and insult others to prove you're point

Did you even look ät my profile? I play lots of heros, the only time pharah comes out is when the enemy has a mei or symmetra which, coincidentally, is fairly often.

I don't twist facts or insult. I describe things realistically and practically. If the way I describe you is insulting, perhaps you should look inward. Let's make (yet another) list of heroes who can hit an airborne pharah with at least something, ease of use aside.

Zenyatta
    Ana
    Mei
    Winston
    Hanzo
    Widow
    McCree
    Soldier
    Genji
    Tracer
    Lucio
    Mercy
    Rein
    Zarya
    Dva
    Roadhog
    Orisa
    Bastion

Hell, even reaper does an annoying amount of damage if you allow him to shoot you while you're shooting other, allegedly less dangerous, targets.I don't think there's a single hero who's absolutely helpless against pharah. They may be helpless in specific situations, but again I feel the need to mention that these complaints are coming from people with little to no situational awareness. Shoot the pharah with whatever you have that can reach and she will die.
    03/26/2017 03:00 PMPosted by ŢheĿegend27

But doesn't Zenyatta also have no falloff? And zen could also be more accurate and do more damage. Couldn't junkrat also hit multiple people at once? Can't Zaria too? Can you try to explain why you think this maybe just a bit better. I can think of so many arguments.
    :u

Pharah is just a better Junkrat, Pharah has full maenueverability, and can use map's walls and other things as ccover to peak, using it as advantage.

There's a reason Pharmercy is a thing and not Junkercy or Merkrat. When you can have full distance and still do full damage, that leaves very little counters able to fully neutralize a Pharmercy. Especially not with Mercy's 1 second no combat regen, "Use projectiles" people can say, rockets are easier to land than projectiles on a target that's far away and being pocketed.

"Use hitscan" alright, but hitscan has dropoff, and good Pharah's keep their distance and use cover to peak. A soldier alone, even with really good aim won't be able to ward off a Pharmercy. A good widow can, but here's the thing. Rockets in a general direction is much easier than trying to aim a headshot as Widow.
    She's not op. She is just usually ignored/not countered and gets to go free destroying you. If you make it a point to counter her she's not that threatening.
    Console player here
    My biggest problem with her is the fact that she has very little counterplay. Soldier is the only reliable counter to pharah, and if your solider can't aim or he gets killed, Pharah wrecks everyone. It gets insanely hard for soldier to kill pharah when she gets pocketed by mercy, pharmercy is easily the most broken combo on console.

Imo the best way to fix this is to revert pharah flying buff on console. This way she's on the ground more often so more heroes have a chance of taking her out.