Why do people think Pharah is OP?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
not op, more like way too annoying and obnoxious to be allowed to stay the way she is. shes in the same boat as symmetra, way too easy, way too annoying, way too much of a problem for a team to face. and before someone says "just go soldier or ana" what am i supposed to do if some idiots are already soldier an ana, and they are too bad to kill pharmercy? So many times while playing pharah i've forced the other team to switch to a s76 and they still couldnt kill me, and i barely play Pharah.
Because they need to git gud.
03/26/2017 08:26 PMPosted by AKs0n
The point is that Pharah is problematic at all ranks, not just low ranks.
Well... you are Platinum so you must know for certain what is what at all Ranks.

Well according to the person I was responding to, I know more than he or she does since I'm higher rated.

But regardless, I don't need to be in all ranks to understand statistics from all ranks. Pharah does not drop off significantly at any higher rank.
Because they nerfed Roadhog, and recently nerfed Ana. They need to complain about someone else now. A sizable chunk of these people are Ana players who are indirectly protesting the Ana nerf.
I like how she went from being a meme and a joke of dying too easily to "omg pls nerf" without undergoing any buffs at all.
maybe it does on xbox mate
03/26/2017 08:32 PMPosted by MrRowboat
I like how she went from being a meme and a joke of dying too easily to "omg pls nerf" without undergoing any buffs at all.

She did get a buff though... the problem I guess is that all of her major counters except for soldier aren't too hot right now, especially with ana getting that dps nerf and winston getting a buff.
03/26/2017 03:00 PMPosted by Cersei
03/26/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Strika10
She can be halfway across the map and still does maximum damage. To multiple enemies at once. How is that not OP?

The higher she flies, the more time it takes the rocket to land on you due to distance. One person's awareness and reflexes have to be REALLY slow to be hit by a rocket which comes from many meters away.

The problem is you have to get spider reflexes to avoid her projectiles when shes far away from the center of action. And more...the problem isn't pharah alone, it's her and a team together. F.E.: when you have to worry about a tracer behind you or a junkrat spamming all day long + a pharah... seriously, for me when the enemy team has a good pharah and a competent tracer, it's usually a loss.
Phara is not op and is almost the worst hero when people want to play her 2 counters.

Phara is op when people get sick and tired of playing Soldier and Mccree every single game. Pick a different hero like symmetra or junkrat and make your team get completely destroyed.

Sorry but if you cant be killed by 80% of the roster and force people to play the 2 heroes that can people will eventually get sick of it.
03/26/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Rivinhal
They either:

• Play console
  • She appears to be a bit OP on console, according to feedback from a fair deal of console players. Apparently due to hitscan being harder to control on consoles. But I don't know if this is true or not (I play on PC) or if the reality is that console players are being affected by one of the following possible issues...

• They're low rank
  • In lower ranks she's more common and more oppressive because the hitscan players aren't necessarily skilled enough to kill her with any regularity. Therefore she can reign the skies with impunity at lower skill ranks.

• They don't/can't play hitscan
  • Non-hitscan players might throw around accusations of Pharah being OP because it's much more difficult for them to deal with her.

Those are the only real reasons I can think of.

1. Im on pc
    2. Im mid diamond so don't consider myself low rank (along with a ton of others on here).
    3. Im a pretty good soldier 76.

When you need atleast 2 heroes to consistently take care of 1 hero on the enemy team you know there's a problem.
    oh look, they have a mercy? 75% of our team is now on pharmercy duty. Leaves it at a 2 v 4. Pretty fair, right?
    Phara forces a comp to change. You have to run Solider, Widow, or McCree to take her down. Even if other hero's have counters they aren't as extreme. For example, if someone is playing Winston you don't need to swap to Reaper. You can still outplay that person without needing a change in composition.
    03/26/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Strika10
    She can be halfway across the map and still does maximum damage. To multiple enemies at once. How is that not OP?

So when you see Pharah's rocket coming towards your general direction from halfway across the map, you actually walk into it?

Wow.
    The effort to play Pharah is way lower than the effort to counter Pharah.

Not to mention that her real counters have gotten nerfed or tweaked. McCree, Widowmaker, Ana, D.va, and 76's spread. They all got nerfed, where Pharah got two big buffs. Now she's really starting to show just how much stronger she is.

Not to mention how she can literally make 2/3 of the Heroes useless; AND the Mercy buffs.
    Well... you are Platinum so you must know for certain what is what at all Ranks.

Well according to the person I was responding to, I know more than he or she does since I'm higher rated.

But regardless, I don't need to be in all ranks to understand statistics from all ranks. Pharah does not drop off significantly at any higher rank.
    Oh? Statistically. Show me Pharah OP statistically at any level whatsoever and not just in your head, please.

Pharah is just another DPS. That cannot headshot unlike everyone else w/ zero dmg drop off from distance and the slowest projectiles imaginable. The only thing Pharah forces is making the opposition to Look Up.
    Big deal.
    03/26/2017 09:39 PMPosted by trevors2cool
    Phara forces a comp to change. You have to run Solider, Widow, or McCree to take her down. Even if other hero's have counters they aren't as extreme. For example, if someone is playing Winston you don't need to swap to Reaper. You can still outplay that person without needing a change in composition.
    Actually... you can run

Genji
    McCree
    S76
    Sombra
    Bastion
    Hanzo
    Mei
    Widow
    Dva
    Winston
    Ana
    Zenyatta

To "take her down". Not enough options? Too much forced to MUST play characters?

What you're saying is that if your Team is...
    Rein, Roadhog, Ana, Lucio
    ..now you're FORCED to go S76, Widow or McCree, right? If you say so.
    for the same reason they thought d.va was op, theyre bronze-gold
    The main reason the enemy Pharah decides games is because our DPS picked Junkrat and Reaper and won't change off. Sure I might be able to do my bit and take her down as Ana but it's a big ask while also solo healing the team.
    Just be honest, she isn't fun to fight against.
    Three reasons:

1. Her hovering is almost stealth. She makes little to no sound even if she's flying behind you. WTF is that engine running on because I want it for my PC.

2. Rule "A Pharah with a pocket Mercy will not die"

3.Le balanced bird lady that forces YOU to ignore 5 other players on the ground in order to attack her. While being annoying as hell due to rockets AoE / Splash and Stealth Flying.

Pharah needs gutting.
    Usually she flies high and not many heroes can touch her, especially while Pharmercy. And that seems to be a main problem.

I'm usually playing heroes who are not good against her, but I'm learning her counters. Still, it's not easy. Usually my shots are a little 'late' or I'm forced to focus on the rest of her team.

Still much to learn, though.