Give Ana her damage back please!

General Discussion
I feel like Ana should get her 80 damage per shot back and there are plenty of reasons for it.

Does it make Ana less "OP", yes but she's still a must pick, not because of her damage but because of the amount of healing that she does WHEN IN GOOD HANDS. The problem is that you can´t nerf the healing more nor the damage.

Ana used to fit perfectly for those players who like to DPS and support, but she's not the best in either category. For example every DPS hero does more damage than her obviously, and in terms of healing, mercy is able to easily outheal Ana because thats what mercy (she's full time support unlike ana) does most of the time.

I feel like Ana players should have to choose between dealing damage or healing the team, you can´t do both at the same time, but should be able to do both quite well, unlike zennyata who does heal and damage at the same time, and mercy/lucio can heal while escaping from enemies. Ana on the other hand, yeah with 80 damage she might be able to put up a good fight against a flanker, but she's not healing her team and it was relatively easy for the flanker to kill ana if he dodged the sleep dart first, now with just 60 damage, theres almost no point in fighting back, but you can´t run away either so you just have to hope that everytime a flanker comes to you, you hit that sleep dart or you are doomed now.

I would say that this damage nerf was totally unecessary, because I don´t she how is she OP. She does heal a lot and USED TO be able to give some good damage, but just in right hands.

If the pro's ever stop using Ana, that means that shes more than dead for the rest of the playerbase. The pros should always use Ana because she is the support which requires more skill, but offers an high reward aswell, like zennyata damage.

I think that Ana was perfect before this damage nerf, because mercy is way more popular than Ana the more you go down in ranks. I think it was well balanced (gold and below more mercy, platinum a mix, and diamond and above more ana).
Now you get mercys way more often in the higher ranks aswell (especially now that pharah is dominating more, which the damage nerf to Ana was one reason for that, because she can´t help soldiers or mcrees kill her as fast as she could before).

As I said, I think that Ana was perfect before this patch, you can´t take her damage away or the healing without compromising her play style like (unless you nerf both in the same proportion, but that definitely kills her) you did with this patch, turning her into a healbot like mercy and we certainly don´t need another mercy in the game.

What you could do though is, if you really feel like she should be nerfed for some reason, you could remove some damage from the grenade (half?) or you could reduce the anti-heal to something like 50-75%.

But as I said this nerfs seem totally unnecessary to me as I explained above. Theres no reason to nerf Ana more, this damage nerf was already over the limit, and that's why I want Blizzard to revert it because it is just messing with her design playstyle, making her less fun, without actually changing her pick rate that much because she's needed for her heals anyway. I still play as Ana, but i'm not enjoying as much as before. All the other nerfs I tolerated quite well, but this damage nerf just seems excessive and totally unnecessary.

Mark my words, the day pros stop using Ana is either because theres a new option as support or Ana is trash/dead because they should always be the ones who get the most benefits by playing her, due to their skill.
03/29/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Zimbrax
I think that Ana was perfect before this damage nerf, because mercy is way more popular than Ana the more you go down in ranks. I think it was well balanced (gold and below more mercy, platinum a mix, and diamond and above more ana).
Now you get mercys way more often in the higher ranks aswell (especially now that pharah is dominating more, which the damage nerf to Ana was one reason for that, because she can´t help soldiers or mcrees kill her as fast as she could before).

Balancing around popularity or pick rate is a nonsense, ridiculous concept.

But as I said this nerfs seem totally unnecessary to me as I explained above.

The only thing you brought up was pick rate... so you explained nothing.

The fact of the matter was this: Ana was a support person who had (and still has) a large number of strengths and few weaknesses. Now she has one less strength. Now, flankers actually have a real advantage over her, which is what they should have already had the entire time.
03/29/2017 07:28 AMPosted by Erras

Balancing around popularity or pick rate is a nonsense, ridiculous concept.

But as I said this nerfs seem totally unnecessary to me as I explained above.

The only thing you brought up was pick rate... so you explained nothing.

The fact of the matter was this: Ana was a support person who had (and still has) a large number of strengths and few weaknesses. Now she has one less strength. Now, flankers actually have a real advantage over her, which is what they should have already had the entire time.

But Ana needs her damage... the only way she has to escape is the sleep dart which is way harder to use and not realiable at all compared to lucio or mercy escape mechanism and Zen does way more damage than her and can even heal at the same time teammates.
I also said that touching her damage or heals just !@#$s with her playstyle in one way or another, she should not be a heal bot and not as good as DPS, which means, she should stay as she was before this last damage nerf.
I don´t understand why mercy is allowed to be more represented in the higher ranks by taking Ana away. Thats why I mentioned pick rate, because there was a good balance between the ranks.
I also talked about Ana always being played at her very best by pros, I mean every hero works like that you could argue, but some heroes offer higher rewards when played by the best, Ana/genji/mcree are some example, Mercy on the other hand theres not much difference.
03/29/2017 07:38 AMPosted by Zimbrax
But Ana needs her damage...

She's a support character with a specialization in healing. She does not need high damage.

the only way she has to escape is the sleep dart

And the grenade and already decent high damage.

and Zen does way more damage than her and can even heal at the same time teammates.

Because Zen is a support character specializing in much higher damage and light healing. Tell you what, if you want your Ana damage back, lets nerf her healing. Fair trade? That's what we call balance.

I don´t understand why mercy is allowed to be more represented in the higher ranks by taking Ana away. Thats why I mentioned pick rate, because there was a good balance between the ranks.

a) No there wasn't
b) Pick rate, as stated earlier, is not a metric used to make balance decisions
Mercy should have the highest heal. That is her only job.

Removing damage instead of healing from Ana was a mistake. It leaves the overpowered features alone and simply makes Ana one dimensional.
I think she should be changed back on console at least
She's a Support. Sniper or not, Supports aren't supposed to be dishing out damage and basically fighting on the front lines. And no, Zenyatta doesn't count since his kit is more damage-oriented than healing, and even though he deals a crap-load of damage, he's really easy to kill.
As a Tracer main I felt way better when they nerfed the damage why?

*HIT*

Tracer: HAAAAAA...
03/29/2017 09:00 AMPosted by CoolHandLuke
Removing damage instead of healing from Ana was a mistake. It leaves the overpowered features alone and simply makes Ana one dimensional.

Ana, who has the ability to deal damage from afar, burst healing, minor AoE healing, enemy heal denial, ally heal boost, and ult/flanker shutdown.... is one dimensional? What are you smoking? I'd like a hit of it.
Ana is fine with the damage nerf. She is a healer first and foremost, so why should she be able to deal 100 dps? The way I see it, Ana and Mercy are the "main" healers, ana having burst and Mercy more reliable and sustained healing while Lucio and Zen is the "off-healers", giving small heals and other utility boosts.
Ana actually dips into both, but still, she is healer first, always was.
Mercy should have the highest heal. That is her only job.

I disagree with your statement since the blue boost beam on the Caduceus staff is a great way to help your team.
Tbh I really would like to see a dps ana. What would happen if Anas sustain and burst healing was nerfed heavily and damage was emphasized.

It would probably make Ana too hard to use and a troll pick for most people, but it sounds like a hella fun concept.
No.
03/29/2017 09:12 AMPosted by Erras

Ana, who has the ability to deal damage from afar, burst healing, minor AoE healing, enemy heal denial, ally heal boost, and ult/flanker shutdown.... is one dimensional? What are you smoking? I'd like a hit of it.

Not smoking anything sadly. She's a one dinensional hero because she truely only focuses on healing now. I don't know if any of you have tried the 60 damage change but it is a tickle of damage. A shot fired at an enemy is a shot wasted.
If people want Ana to keep the damage nerf that's fine, but her healing shouldn't be touched further.

Anas will focus on only healing now, and her healing should be better than Mercy because unlike Mercy Ana needs to scope, aim, reload. If Ana did comparable healing to Mercy then people will just simply pick Mercy over her.

Either Ana has high healing and weak damage like Mercy or she has high damage and low healing like Zenyatta. People are trying to give her low healing and low damage because they are bitter.
03/29/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Erras

b) Pick rate, as stated earlier, is not a metric used to make balance decisions

This was the only thing I really felt the need to speak up on and dispute. It absolutely is a metric Blizz uses. Kaplan has specifically stated pick rates several times when talking about the various character balance adjustments they've made since the game launched.
Everything else you stated I agree with though. Too many heroes are far too capable of putting out lots of sustained damage right now IMO. This even extends to tanks and one of the reasons the 3 tank comp became so popular.
When you have tanks and healers capable of putting out comparable damage to the actual DPS heroes, then there's not much reason to take those DPS picks because you can get similar damage output with tanks and healers while getting whatever bonus they provide (healing, barriers, etc.)
I'm glad to see Ana get damage nerfed slightly. There's no reason that support heroes should be relying on their damage output more than their actual abilities and support.
03/29/2017 09:49 AMPosted by CoolHandLuke
A shot fired at an enemy is a shot wasted.

Almost like she's supposed to focus on her team. Picking off low level enemies like they showed in her reveal trailer. Or something.
Zen does way more damage than her and can even heal at the same time teammates.

zen isn't hitscan, and his healing is almost negligible.

Ana's dps isn't worthless, and she has really good healing. On top of everything she can shut down the other team's healing.

Her escape is the sleep dart, and if you want to have anything to do with ana, i suggest you get good at using it.
Making Ana a dps then the healing will be sacrificed. You'll be turning her into some Zenyatta wannabe.
03/29/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Sandpit
This was the only thing I really felt the need to speak up on and dispute. It absolutely is a metric Blizz uses. Kaplan has specifically stated pick rates several times when talking about the various character balance adjustments they've made since the game launched.

He brings it up to despite player's spouting garbage. "Mercy is useless and never played", so Jeff posts that Mercy is actually the 5th most picked hero. "Reinhardt is a must pick and is OP" the nerds cry, so Jeff comes in and posts he's only the 12th most picked hero.

They don't make balance decisions based on pick rate, or Solder and Lucio would have been constantly nerfed every single patch, ever. At best, they take a look at the high picked heroes to determine if they are actually too strong. They don't go "Well, Lucio is the most picked, time to get out the nerf bat" like players want them to.

He uses pick rate to prove players wrong, not to balance heroes.