As a Pharah Main: She's OP

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Pharah's counters can wreck her pretty hard, (counters:Winston dva mccree soldier genji widow Ana). But only 2 of these heroes are good at most levels of play, soldier and Ana. It is frustrating to get killed by someone you can't touch, I know. It is also frustrating, though, that when you are most useful (midair) you are also most vulnerable. Pharah has no way to kill a decent soldier if he is staying behind his team. I want to see Pharah get more counters but then get a small buff for these reasons.

TLDR: Pharah does not have enough counters, if more are introduced she will be useless and in need of a buff. I support her getting more counters though. Don't get me wrong
I'd be fine with more variety in the longrange hitscan department than just 76 and the occasional literally pro Widow

If there was more hitscan out there though she should get her concussion lowered to 8 seconds since it's her primary "oh sh*t" button and gets used badly if at all at low levels so it should not upset the balance there
04/01/2017 07:53 AMPosted by qpalzm112
(counters:Winston dva mccree soldier genji widow Ana).

You're forgetting Recon Bastion and Zenyatta.

I wouldn't agree with Genji being a counter, though.
Shes not op but shouldnt make more than half the roster completely useless against her.

Lmao downvotes haha
she is not op, and it doesnt help that youre gold either, basically mccrees miss every shot and soldiers have 15% accuracy
As another person who plays a lot of pharah I agree. I have no idea why everything talking about pharah gets slammed with dislikes. with pharah/mercy I can go 2 or 3 games without getting killed. How is that good for balance? I'm not even that good.
04/01/2017 08:18 AMPosted by FrostyDog
she is not op, and it doesnt help that youre gold either, basically mccrees miss every shot and soldiers have 15% accuracy

I'm in silver and pretty much any idiot can lock in soldier and shut down pharah pretty easily

Mccree not so much, his damage falloff is complete !@#$ for the task of taking care of Pharah.
04/01/2017 08:39 AMPosted by SpaghettiWap

I'm in silver and pretty much any idiot can lock in soldier and shut down pharah pretty easily

Mccree not so much, his damage falloff is complete !@#$ for the task of taking care of Pharah.

Low level Pharahs are fine.

High level Pharahs, the ones in GM, utterly destroy those that are supposed to be her supposed counters. Meanwhile all I can do is play Zen,Discord her, and pray to God she dies.
She's not OP, but the current roster doesn't leave a lot of options to deal with her.

Soldier:76 was much more capable of dealing with her at a long range before they changed how his weapon spread worked. I think the OW team overlooked this when they made the change.

Now he can mostly scare her into dropping down if she keeps her distance, which helps to keep her from completely destroying your team. But it's hard to get a kill on a good Pharah who is playing from beyond Soldier's falloff range, and it's easy to sneak around and avoid his line of site while you harass his team. When he gets close, you can kill him faster than he can kill you if you have a height advantage and good aim.
If you don't have a Pharah Counter (Soldier, Mccree, Widow, Bastion and Hanzo) in your team, she can destroy entire team, you can't do some good damage if you are not the counter.
If you don't have a Genji Counter (Symm, Winston, Mei, Zarya) in your team, it's not a problem, you can do some good damage against him.

See the difference?

The big problem is if you have a GOOD player who plays as a Pharah's Counter she is not a problem, but if don't have it well... you are screw up.

Ah remember in Competitive Hanzo, Widow and Bastion usually you can't see them.

You seem to forget that fall off damage in the soldier/mccree vs pharah match up. Even one on one up close good pharahs beat solider usually since they can two shot you & while hovering all around you

The problem is Her REAL counter ( widow ) is extremely hard to play. So pharah often goes unchecked if the team isn't focusing her
04/01/2017 08:36 AMPosted by defender465
As another person who plays a lot of pharah I agree. I have no idea why everything talking about pharah gets slammed with dislikes. with pharah/mercy I can go 2 or 3 games without getting killed. How is that good for balance? I'm not even that good.
"With pharah/mercy"

Mcrees in gold flank with flashbang fth combo. I just lol when i see them.
04/01/2017 08:52 AMPosted by dbzlucky
The problem is Her REAL counter ( widow ) is extremely hard to play. So pharah often goes unchecked if the team isn't focusing her

Widow/Hitscan don't "counter" Pharah when she is literally hoving 2m above your head, firing down. Pharah is basically the ultimate flanker, which you can barely see due to the forced 103 FOV.

You you supposed to counter w/ Widow when she can fly to you using the environment as cover, knock you from high ground, and never lose height advantage?

Most times I die to Pharah it's because she's used her buffed flight and speed to get right on top of your in a corridor or tight space, where she can 2 shot you with almost zero need to aim, and you can't do !@#$ because of the knockback.
04/01/2017 09:12 AMPosted by Zane
04/01/2017 08:52 AMPosted by dbzlucky

Widow/Hitscan don't "counter" Pharah when she is literally hoving 2m above your head, firing down. Pharah is basically the ultimate flanker, which you can barely see due to the forced 103 FOV.

You you supposed to counter w/ Widow when she can fly to you using the environment as cover, knock you from high ground, and never lose height advantage?

Most times I die to Pharah it's because she's used her buffed flight and speed to get right on top of your in a corridor or tight space, where she can 2 shot you with almost zero need to aim, and you can't do !@#$ because of the knockback.

What are you suggesting that pharah has no counters then lol?Thats a pharah using her environment to her advantage. If you're picking widow to counter her, you should be almost strictly focusing her before she makes it to you. A good widow will KEEP pharah out of the sky.

Problem is widow is so f&*king hard to be effective ( or maybe i should say consistent ) with. Pharah just does what she wants unless the team focuses her

Now that i think about it, dva got nerfed for being able to "bully" so easily when its not much harder for pharah to do the same in the game's current state lol
imo parah's very much op, but unlike the same bracket that'd see other characters when they are OP'D. parah is a special case since what makes her ultimately strong is the ability jet jump outside normal range that doesn't let other characters to pick on her. i think a nerf of something like 3/5 of the height when she launches into air is pretty fair. also, as a result of the height she can reach, no body's dealing a significant margin of damage to her, and it required the whole team dedication to take her down, which is absolutely ludicrous. though, in koth maps and smaller areas in general, she's more balanced, because of the air space, and map design. i think one of the balancing for her that are currently soon to hit, which is her damage reduction from 120-90 is maybe a bit too much, since she cant land headshots like many other characters, and a more mild one's probably better. though, the aerial shutdown nerf when hit is an interesting alternative to my idea of nerfing her jump launch jet.
She's not OP. People complaining about her need to git gud. What they really want is instead of doing work, they would rather have a hero where you push one button and it counters Pharah with no brain or effort required.
04/01/2017 08:36 AMPosted by defender465

Because this forum has a hard on for Pharah and believes she's easily the most balanced character while Mercy also needs buffs. Anything that isn't related to buffing Mercy, Reaper, McCree, or D.Va is downvote brigaded and passed off as 'salty'.
04/01/2017 09:33 AMPosted by bls
She's not OP. People complaining about her need to git gud. What they really want is instead of doing work, they would rather have a hero where you push one button and it counters Pharah with no brain or effort required.

Oh look, its a pharah main blindly defending their hero with the "git gud" response lol. Coming from a former pharah main, she could use either use a bit of toning down or an easier to play counter. Soldier doesn't counter a good pharah, we aren't gonna start on mccree lol, and widow is too demanding to be consistent.
honestly pharah is a good benchmark for players in gold and plat, you need to mechanically get better to start progressing.

But don't worry Pharah starts running into issues at diamond, A lot of Pharah mains pick up bad habits through gold and plat and suddenly they can't keep up anymore on the higher levels.