As I predicted. Shield Wars.

Competitive Discussion
There are lots of heroes in the game that can make life difficult, junkrat isn't it in my experience. Junkrat is probably the easiest hero to dispatch. Junkrat is awesome at the eichenwalde choke but thats pretty much about it.
03/29/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Understeer
There are lots of heroes in the game that can make life difficult, junkrat isn't it in my experience. Junkrat is probably the easiest hero to dispatch. Junkrat is awesome at the eichenwalde choke but thats pretty much about it.

Then you just haven't played alongside very good Junks IMO lol

Seriously, he's a beast on several maps. Anubis, Eichenwalde, King's Row, the first and last sections of Hollywood. Basically any kind of map with a long corridor of sorts and a little cover is perfect for Junk. Pharahs, Hanzos, and Widows can make your life hell if your other DPS is unable or unwilling to keep those handled though. Everything else is countered fairly easily.
03/29/2017 08:33 AMPosted by shoe
You are in plat, where players sit there shooting at shields all day long and even when the shield war is won, they'll sit at the same place shooting at empty space.

Orisa just added a new shiny coin for you to chase after.

thats cool, you can just wait to do your final placement end of the season so you can get grandfathered in to masters so you can keep talking down here. Nice 20% winrate btw.
03/29/2017 05:21 AMPosted by Understeer
I'll take the Omnic wars meta back anyday.

Rein, Orisa and Winston combo. Shield after shield after shield. Who ever runs this strat with s76+Bastion and mercy pretty much wins games.

Some how everytime there is a new hero and a balance change, game gets more infuriating. Winston definitely needed to be buffed, but with Orisa coming out? probably not. Maybe they should have buffed his weapon instead of a shield.

Played against this comp yesterday. They got absolutely wrecked because they thought barrier watch was actually a good idea. My single Tracer cut them to pieces so quickly and if we swapped our soldier to reaper it would've been faster. Barrier comps are terrible due to the lack of cc so I liked when they run them. Easy wins.
half decent winston would have pressured the tracer to waste her blinks and killed
Simple stack and strategy organized during setup time.
vs.
Mid-game switches and less simple counter-strategy organized on the fly.
half decent winston would have pressured the tracer to waste her blinds and killed

Lol no. I don't think you play too much tracer then. When you play tracer the ball is always in your court. Winston is not a very good counter to tracer if she manages her cooldowns and has good aim. I can 2 clip Winston's 55% of the time and it never takes more than 3 because his head is so big.

And that's not even counting running reaper who is an even better counter. Reaper isn't in the meta right now because of hog and kinda tracer and soldier. But guess what, no hog, any only maybe soldier(who is less good than tracer to counter reaper), and reaper by himself counters all 3 of your tanks, especially with lucio speed boost.

If I'm being completely honest, barrier watch is probably the weakest single comp proposal I've seen on these forums. I don't fully understand it and there's a pretty good reason you never see GMs and masters talk about it. It's like the sombra thing. People were like sombra op cause we can put Genji soldier zarya sombra... ohhhh we only have 6 slots for our team. Same with barrier watch. Cost of other heroes way outweighs the benefit of having another silly shield tracer can just dart through and reaper can just walk through. CC is so powerful in overwatch. Every good comp
Must have some form of it. Barrier comps have none or if say you take mccree as your dps, you have a tiny bit which two counters to the tanks shreds the rest.
03/29/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Understeer
03/29/2017 08:33 AMPosted by shoe
You are in plat, where players sit there shooting at shields all day long and even when the shield war is won, they'll sit at the same place shooting at empty space.

Orisa just added a new shiny coin for you to chase after.

thats cool, you can just wait to do your final placement end of the season so you can get grandfathered in to masters so you can keep talking down here. Nice 20% winrate btw.

Already gotten an account to top 500 this season and played FTH only / left click only MEI to mid-masters in two days. Have another account currently in GM playing Orisa only.

But hey, why argue against the actual point when you can strawman someone that's genuinely better than you?
03/29/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Understeer
half decent winston would have pressured the tracer to waste her blinks and killed

And now I understand why you're in plat.
03/29/2017 09:16 AMPosted by shoe
03/29/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Understeer

Already gotten an account to top 500 this season and played FTH only / left click only MEI to mid-masters in two days. Have another account currently in GM playing Orisa only.

But hey, why argue against the actual point when you can strawman someone that's genuinely better than you?

yup keep up the excuses. How much you pay for your boost btw?
Last night I expected a lot more Orissas but still only saw reins and Winston's.
03/29/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Understeer
03/29/2017 09:16 AMPosted by shoe

yup keep up the excuses. How much you pay for your boost btw?

You misspelled charge.