Orisa counters

Competitive Discussion
Who do you guys think she's counters and who do you guys think counters her? Thoughts?
03/28/2017 08:45 PMPosted by FTWOblivion
Who do you guys think she's counters and who do you guys think counters her? Thoughts?
She counters shields, any sniper/dps counters her
03/28/2017 08:49 PMPosted by XzKingBlakez
She counters shields, any sniper/dps counters her

So would you say she's good against rein and Winston?
Countered by:
McCree (Headshots)
Hanzo (Headshots)
Widow (Headshots)
Tracer (Headshots)
Reaper (Hitbox size)
Roadhog (Hitbox size)
D.Va (Hitbox Size + Halt denial)
Soldier 76 (Headshots + Hitbox size)
Bastion (Barrier destroyer + Hitbox size (Sentry), Headshots (Recon)
Sombra (No abilities, giant free target mode engaged)

Counters:
Genji (CC)
Pharah (Suppresive fire, barrier, CC)
Lucio (CC)
Mei (CC + CC resistance)

Still playing around with her at the moment, just my current impressions
She doesnt counter anyone, fair and simple, she is just a bully type tank. She is designed to be like reinhardt, not good against anyone but certainly has some weaknesses.

Counters to her, as I have found so far.
-Tracer - her ability to blink behind the shield mixed with orisa's huge hitbox and bullet delay makes tracer a good counter,

-Widow - Orisa not only has bullet delay but also a decent size bullet spread, which means that widow can rest easy without much pressure from orisa, also while orisa is firing her movement slows. Widow can take out her barrier or if she has good positioning just shoot right over it, 2 headshots will kill orisa unless she uses fortify then its 3, but again her hitbox is pretty forgiving

-Reaper - Duh, hes a tank killer, and he has 250hp which orisa cant beat even with all her abilities reaper is a huge threat, best bet against a reaper is to not let him past your shield by using the graviton charge to keep him away as long as you can.

Winston - Not the best counter but with his new bubble cooldown and his leap he can distract an orisa and can kill her fairly easily.

(Get the theme - getting up close to orisa is the best way to beat her, otherwise she will poke you down from range with her team behind her shields.)

Pharah - huge counter to orisa, since orisa again has bullet delay shooting a pharah out of the sky isnt going to be an easy task for her, and since orisa's barrier is stationary and only protects in one direction, pharah goes over that and can rain hell on orisa. 5 or 6 well placed rockets will take her out.

Junkrat - as much as I hate to promote a junkrat pick he is pretty good against her, his ability to break down her shield fast is a big part of her kit and then she is open to taking massive amounts of damage. Her slow movement speed and large shape makes her super easy to hit with junkrat bomb and this makes her an easy kill for him not to mention all the free charge towards a tire.

Sombra - Another hero I'd rather leave off the list but sombra might come into the scene with orisa. Blizzard was not shy in throwing tons of abilities onto orisa, Her secondary fire graviton charge, her fortify, her shield, and her supercharger ultimate. If she gets hacked she basically becomes a slow moving low damage bastion with no way to self heal or really fight back. Sombra also specializes in getting behind people undetected and can get close to orisa and put in some good damage

Notable mentions although I wouldnt say they are hard counters - Roadhog, Zenyatta, Hanzo, Bastion,

These are not 100% counters, like I said earlier, she doesnt really counter anyone but she has a few counters. If you are playing orisa watch out for these and track your ability cooldowns cause you are going to need your team to take care of these heroes for you before you will be able to do much
Offense heroes and snipers counter her.

She is a good anti-tank
03/28/2017 09:00 PMPosted by AWilson
She doesnt counter anyone, fair and simple, she is just a bully type tank. She is designed to be like reinhardt, not good against anyone but certainly has some weaknesses.

-Tracer - her ability to blink behind the shield mixed with orisa's huge hitbox and bullet delay makes tracer a good counter,

-Widow - Orisa not only has bullet delay but also a decent size bullet spread, which means that widow can rest easy without much pressure from orisa, also while orisa is firing her movement slows. Widow can take out her barrier or if she has good positioning just shoot right over it, 2 headshots will kill orisa unless she uses fortify then its 3, but again her hitbox is pretty forgiving

-Reaper - Duh, hes a tank killer, and he has 250hp which orisa cant beat even with all her abilities reaper is a huge threat, best bet against a reaper is to not let him past your shield by using the graviton charge to keep him away as long as you can.

Winston - Not the best counter but with his new bubble cooldown and his leap he can distract an orisa and can kill her fairly easily.

(Get the theme - getting up close to orisa is the best way to beat her, otherwise she will poke you down from range with her team behind her shields.)

Pharah - huge counter to orisa, since orisa again has bullet delay shooting a pharah out of the sky isnt going to be an easy task for her, and since orisa's barrier is stationary and only protects in one direction, pharah goes over that and can rain hell on orisa. 5 or 6 well placed rockets will take her out.

Junkrat - as much as I hate to promote a junkrat pick he is pretty good against her, his ability to break down her shield fast is a big part of her kit and then she is open to taking massive amounts of damage. Her slow movement speed and large shape makes her super easy to hit with junkrat bomb and this makes her an easy kill for him not to mention all the free charge towards a tire.

Sombra - Another hero I'd rather leave off the list but sombra might come into the scene with orisa. Blizzard was not shy in throwing tons of abilities onto orisa, Her secondary fire graviton charge, her fortify, her shield, and her supercharger ultimate. If she gets hacked she basically becomes a slow moving low damage bastion with no way to self heal or really fight back. Sombra also specializes in getting behind people undetected and can get close to orisa and put in some good damage

Notable mentions although I wouldnt say they are hard counters - Roadhog, Zenyatta, Hanzo, Bastion,

These are not 100% counters, like I said earlier, she doesnt really counter anyone but she has a few counters. If you are playing orisa watch out for these and track your ability cooldowns cause you are going to need your team to take care of these heroes for you before you will be able to do much

From my 40ish minutes of playing her on my Alt acc, I find her a huge counter to Mei...thank Kaplan a Mei counter is born!
03/29/2017 01:53 AMPosted by Brano96
03/28/2017 09:00 PMPosted by AWilson

From my 40ish minutes of playing her on my Alt acc, I find her a huge counter to Mei...thank Kaplan a Mei counter is born!

That's what I've been saying but people will say the mei is trash. Mei ult just walk through it and either kill mei or cause her to put her armor up not letting her kill the team.

Also she can't freeze you with fortify but you have to time it right so she doesn't ice armor then freeze you when she gets out of. Yep, you can kill mei pretty easy and her gun melts mei fast.
Something that can breaks barrier fast, and fight her and close range.
I think most people have this misconception that she is a frontal, but she is not. She is design to protect that should give you a hint as to what actually does. Her barrier isn't a replacement for rein shield. She is there to provide backline suppirt against flanker that tries to take out the healers.
Why do people continue to think winston is a counter? Unless the orisa cant aim at all or doesnt have fortify hes wasting his time at best or dead at worst.

More importantly why is winston wasting his time going after tanks?

In any case she effectively counters reinhardt. She melts his shield from long range, can disrupt or stop all his charges and is too big a target to miss at short ranges. Sometimes he can get a lucky pin but an aware orisa is a dead rein.

Dva and hog are more even. Hog has to deal with both barrier and fortify and his damage at her effective range is easy to handle. Dva has to choose between negating her output, burning her barrier or pushing in on her. All of which needs coordination to pull off.

Of the tanks zarya works best. Orisa spam is free charge and her small frame makes her better in the brawl.

Any dps hero that catches her in the open can kill her. So dont be out in the open. Though against cheeky or clever players thats easier said than done.

The only real hard counters to her are genji and tracer. Both just ignore her defenses and are impossible to kill if in competent hands.
hanzo obliterates her everytime. launch one scatter shot at her and shes dead.
from my 10 hours experience from her on the live servers, she struggle against:
Genji (hard countered), Tracer (Hard countered), Reaper (Hard countered) and Sombra (Hard countered). you either get outdamaged or outmoved and these 1v1 match up will be a pain

she will have a harder time against these but not hard countered:
Pharah (especially with a pocket mercy), Widowmaker (forces her to hide behind the shield, but can be shooted with her bullets to force her to flee or take the hits), Bastion (his sentry is designed to take out shields and tanks so its only natural counter, but orisa can deal with him in someway with halt and her guns)
Zarya Can also be a pain, but if you know when to stop firing and start again you can win over her, as zarya isnt that bulky and no movement options once the bubbles are down.

the rest of the cast is an even Match up or an winning match up for Orisa in 1v1.

from my experience, she works great with a symmetra and mei due symmetra takes out her biggest weaknesses (Genji and Tracer) while reaper and sombra dont want to be near mei together with the ice wall to help orisa get her shield and fortify abilities back
I think she's the first hero in the game that is countered by literally every hero except 2: Winston and symmetra.

Even as mercy I win 1v1s against Orisa (as long as it's 1 v 1)
03/29/2017 01:57 AMPosted by Splatterpunk
03/29/2017 01:53 AMPosted by Brano96

That's what I've been saying but people will say the mei is trash. Mei ult just walk through it and either kill mei or cause her to put her armor up not letting her kill the team.

Also she can't freeze you with fortify but you have to time it right so she doesn't ice armor then freeze you when she gets out of. Yep, you can kill mei pretty easy and her gun melts mei fast.

It's because it's true lol. A good mei isn't going to walk up to you and M1 you, nor is she going to throw a blizzard at you(and if she is, it's going to be after fortify is already used). Orisa is literally a ult battery for mei, I don't know why her head hurtbox is so huge but it feels even easier to headshot her than headshotting DVA.

I'm glad Orisa is in the game, hog used to be my ult battery but that was a little scary withe hook being able to 1 shot me. But now I can basically farm blizzard in seconds with little to no risk.
03/29/2017 06:23 AMPosted by kimchipotato
03/29/2017 01:57 AMPosted by Splatterpunk

It's because it's true lol. A good mei isn't going to walk up to you and M1 you, nor is she going to throw a blizzard at you(and if she is, it's going to be after fortify is already used). Orisa is literally a ult battery for mei, I don't know why her head hurtbox is so huge but it feels even easier to headshot her than headshotting DVA.

I'm glad Orisa is in the game, hog used to be my ult battery but that was a little scary withe hook being able to 1 shot me. But now I can basically farm blizzard in seconds with little to no risk.

Well, I've wrecked every single mei I came across. They all bad? I don't know about that. You can say it but I'm just going to keep wrecking her.

Zarya soft counters her (key word is soft though). She tends to give Zarya a good amount of consistent charge/Zaryas medium sized hitbox+ medium sized health pool seem oddly good vs Orisa's large spread weapon/every time you see orisas mini graviton you can barrier the person in the front that it hits for easy charge/high charge zarya is great against the medium strength Orisa barrier.
03/29/2017 07:32 AMPosted by Splatterpunk
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well, I've wrecked every single mei I came across. They all bad? I don't know about that. You can say it but I'm just going to keep wrecking her.

Yes they all probably are bad lol. You are in plat, not to mention 99% of people are awful with mei because they think the right way to play her is run at people with M1 to secure any kill lol.

Even if you get in a 1v1 situation against her she loses. Let's say I am a "run in your face" m1 mei. As soon as you use fortify I'm just going to use shift until fortify is over. Then I can freeze you anyway and recover all of my health, now this is assuming I didn't damage you at all yet (which would not be the case). A decent mei will get 2 headshots in before you are unfrozen, an exceptional mei will get 3 headshots on you before you are unfrozen (with the freeze stagger trick). By this time you will already be dead or if not extremely low and Orisa has no way of recovering her hp. By this time you have probably given mei a good 60%~ ult charge.

Orisa loses to Mei even in the most favourable situation to her. I'm not trying to be condescending or snobbish I'm just trying to tell it how it is. Misleading stuff like this is why low skill players suffer, making callouts like "we need reaper because they have triple tank!!".
Basically anything that counters and negates Rein's shield will do the same with Orisa. She is much more effective at pushing enemies back than Rein though due to her range and damage output as well as damage reduction ability.
She seems to be strong against:

Pharah, Roadhog, Winston, Reinhardt, Bastion

She's weak against:

Widowmaker, Tracer, Sombra, Mei, Hanzo, Reaper, Gengi, Junkrat