Ana is still a problem

General Discussion
Hopefully the dev team are looking into more changes for Ana, because it's pretty fair to say she's still overpowered(although I don't think anyone believed a small damage nerf would stop her).

I think the Bionade is too overloaded. An AOE with damage, healing, heal boost, and heal block is antithetical to the core design goal of simplicity in Overwatch.
She's about to get even worse. The Lucio changes are an indirect buff to her, because they make Lucio worse in every situation except Deathball which is what Ana excels at.
03/27/2017 02:56 AMPosted by Tyrathius
She's about to get even worse. The Lucio changes are an indirect buff to her, because they make Lucio worse in every situation except Deathball which is what Ana excels at.

Yo, that's not true. Deathball would be fine if Lucio didn't outpace most of the characters you would have in a deathball. He's going to be a support who dives with flankers and Winston/D.va. As a Lucio main, you can bet your !@# I'm not babysitting a deathball when I could be doing sick stunts in the backline harassing the enemy team.
geoff is not going to balance (because it cant even be called a nerf if they do so) his favorite character, he is probably going to blame another character and nerf it to the ground (see d.va)
03/27/2017 03:50 AMPosted by FrostyDog
geoff is not going to balance (because it cant even be called a nerf if they do so) his favorite character, he is probably going to blame another character and nerf it to the ground (see d.va)

Maybe Reaper or McCree this time. They can join Dva then...
Grenade is definitely overloaded. It has more abilities than some heroes, lol.
03/27/2017 04:18 AMPosted by baked
Grenade is definitely overloaded. It has more abilities than some heroes, lol.

I'd personally very happily swap my pulsebombs for a bionade even though it takes a minute to charge up. Guaranteed damage, self healing that heals almost as much as a recall, if used on a healing roadhog it hurts as much as a pulsebomb (360 rather than 400), and a heal block that makes Ana targets, Lucios and Soldiers easy to kill.
How do people think Ana is still a problem? She's fine where she is -- in fact, she may need a slight buff? I say that because I've seen such a rise in Mercy picks and she does Ana's job better at this point, but I doubt she'll be buffed again so... yeah... just get used to countering her.
03/27/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Amari
in fact, she may need a slight buff?

no. she got nerfed for a reason. she might have got nerfed in the wrong area, but her kit was (and still is, to a smaller degree) overloaded.

I understand that her damage was too high, but now it's a bit low. Her grenade always was and still is the OP part of her kit.
03/27/2017 05:48 AMPosted by baked
03/27/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Amari
in fact, she may need a slight buff?

no. she got nerfed for a reason. she might have got nerfed in the wrong area, but her kit was (and still is, to a smaller degree) overloaded.

I understand that her damage was too high, but now it's a bit low. Her grenade always was and still is the OP part of her kit.

I can understand people's concerns, but as someone who has played Ana a whole bunch I'm telling you that she's no longer fun to play, and Mercy practically replaces her at this point. Maybe nerf her grenade damage, but buff her gun damage? Make the grenade do some damage (like how Junkrat's trap, Roadhog's hook, and McCree's flashbang do a bit of damage but not enough to cause significant harm), so that way the player uses it to heal/anti-heal for the most part.
03/27/2017 04:01 AMPosted by DerGReif2
03/27/2017 03:50 AMPosted by FrostyDog

Maybe Reaper or McCree this time. They can join Dva then...

Us McCrees are already worse than Dva, we have no mobility at all and suffer several bugs that can easily get you killed like the double shot and flash bang bugs.

Dva at least, asides from the recent glaring defense matrix bug, hasn't had any.
She's received nothing but straight nerfs. When is this going to stop? If we start nerfing her healing any further then she's going to become unusable, because her damage has become pitiful.

Healing is the only thing Ana has over Mercy now. Her Offense abilities have been greatly weakened from what they used to be. For a character that requires aim, and has to reload, and has no mobility her healing must always be better than Mercy's.
go cry somewhere else. The OW devs are clearly doing something about her being so OP. I mean like, what's the negative side of a healer being good? Her healing YOU too quickly?
03/27/2017 05:57 AMPosted by ABlueLady
She's received nothing but straight nerfs.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

dude were you around for the massive rate of fire and magazine size buffs? and the grenade buff that made a good ability into a gamechanging one that shaped a good two and a half season's metas around it?

she's only received two nerfs that I know of that came through to live:
1. the double healing into 1.5x heals which was necessary
2. the damage nerf which came from Ana needing any nerf at all because of her bloated kit (flat damage w/o headshot hitscan no damage dropoff, longest CC in game, holy hand grenade with four abilities in one)

EDIT: her ult got the charge nerf because you could get it in less than a minute at the start of matches, and got the speed boost nerf because Nano-Rein was too good at everything (strong enough to take hits, hard hitting enough to sweep teams and fast enough to chase them down)
Remove impact damage from nade. Maybe a nerf to splash radius. That's it.
The antiheal is one of the first steps into status effects, and I'd like to see them continue experimenting to make the game more exciting. I reckon we'll even get a cleanse ability character if they keep moving forward.

A lot of nerf Ana threads talk about her nade but fail to realize that you can't hit an entire team without a Grav, an earth shatter, etc. You may hit two if you're lucky, and if the enemy team is doing appropriate damage, Ana will be forced to use it defensively. It's an ability that can only be used for both purposes when teams are mobbed together which.. this is a FPS, not a melee showdown. Essentially, yes, it's overloaded, but you can only really use it one way every 10 secs and it won't see ultimate utility without an ultimate.

I agree some of it can be adjusted, but let's not go on a crusade.
03/27/2017 06:42 AMPosted by Pisces
Remove impact damage from nade. Maybe a nerf to splash radius. That's it.
The antiheal is one of the first steps into status effects, and I'd like to see them continue experimenting to make the game more exciting. I reckon we'll even get a cleanse ability character if they keep moving forward.

A lot of nerf Ana threads talk about her nade but fail to realize that you can't hit an entire team without a Grav, an earth shatter, etc. You may hit two if you're lucky, and if the enemy team is doing appropriate damage, Ana will be forced to use it defensively. It's an ability that can only be used for both purposes when teams are mobbed together which.. this is a FPS, not a melee showdown. Essentially, yes, it's overloaded, but you can only really use it one way every 10 secs and it won't see ultimate utility without an ultimate.

I agree some of it can be adjusted, but let's not go on a crusade.

^this
People fail to realize that whilst Ana can and will do a lot, one of her biggest flaws (besides mobility) is that she cannot multitask at all. One antiheal-grenade will most likely not hit any one of your teammates (except for Ana v flanker battles, duh), a shot from her rifle that's hitting an enemy is not going to burst heal one of your teammates.
I do know that Mercy can't multitask either (because she can't really do anything besides healing, making her kind of boring imo) but both Zen and Lucio can, which is a massive advantage over Ana.
03/27/2017 05:57 AMPosted by ABlueLady
She's received nothing but straight nerfs. When is this going to stop? If we start nerfing her healing any further then she's going to become unusable, because her damage has become pitiful.

Healing is the only thing Ana has over Mercy now. Her Offense abilities have been greatly weakened from what they used to be. For a character that requires aim, and has to reload, and has no mobility her healing must always be better than Mercy's.

Ofcourse she's getting straight nerfs, Blizzard are taking it slow with her rather than going all out like they did with D.Va.

How nerfed a hero is is based on the extent of nerfs, not their quantity... They've been massaging her with mild nerfs for a while now and she's slowly going from broken to only overpowered, so it is slowly working.

And, lol, any more nerfs and she'll go from being used twice as much as Lucio in GM to being totally unusable. Get real.
tfw you're placing tracer/reaper as a flanker and they have an ana

do note that every other support hero cant unreasonably !@#$ you over as well as ana can -- symmetra can kill you if you're not mindful, lucio can be annoying to hit, but ana can stop you in your tracks with a splash-damage antiheal nade if she doesn't hit her other ability that basically throws your keyboard in the pond nearby and gives you 10 seconds to get it back

or give her effectively 300hp
Asking Ana nerf again ? Wtf ...
03/27/2017 08:04 AMPosted by Nalfein
Asking Ana nerf again ? Wtf ...

Because with Ana they're taking the sandpaper nerf approach rather than the sledgehammer. She's still overpowered, just less overpowered. I think the regions they've nerfed Ana in have left her balanced. Her primary fire damage is now ok, her grenade duration is balanced, her lower heal amp is now balanced, her ultimate is now balanced.

Most of the rest of Ana is still very much overpowered and needs to be addressed, chiefly her grenade's impact healing and damage.