What are good ways to deal with tracer?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Sombra Hacks are probably the best, as are headshots from Widow; Tracer seems to have a surprisingly large head, although a body shot will get rid of her for a while too. Torb's turret will keep her at bay, as will Junkrat. Otherwise Mei and McCree are decent, Reaper and 76 aren't awful either.
03/24/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Bus9ja2d
McCree is also super strong against her

If the Tracer is even remotely decent and baits out flashbang, McCree is dead. She can keep resetting the fight while McCree lumbers around.

Soldier is the best counter to Tracer. He can apply sustained damage with assault rifle, throw down healing field and heal through her damage, and if helix rockets even grazes the Tracer then she is gonna die.
Mei headshot Its hard to do. so you gotta be relaxed
03/24/2017 03:15 PMPosted by Schorts94
Seriously she is so irritating and keeps melting my team, heck it's gotten to the point where I kinda don't wanna play support cause she just keeps eliminating me. Like I understand that's her job but it has gotten to the point where tracers will literally spawn camp me and other supports and we lose the game as a result and the other team members get toxic at the supports for this kind of nonsense. So please tell what's a good way to deal with her cause her counters don't really seem to have an effect anymore
If she is really good there is no real trick other than having really good name or sombra hack failing to break on los
She is the poster child of this game. She will always be irritating as hell.
03/24/2017 04:07 PMPosted by SpiralK
03/24/2017 03:15 PMPosted by Schorts94
Seriously she is so irritating and keeps melting my team, heck it's gotten to the point where I kinda don't wanna play support cause she just keeps eliminating me. Like I understand that's her job but it has gotten to the point where tracers will literally spawn camp me and other supports and we lose the game as a result and the other team members get toxic at the supports for this kind of nonsense. So please tell what's a good way to deal with her cause her counters don't really seem to have an effect anymore
If she is really good there is no real trick other than having really good name or sombra hack failing to break on los
i just realized i screwed up with name with aim fk
Bait her out, with just minimal amounts of damage you can force each blink or her recall. Just out play her kit if a tracer is taking a steady bit of damage even if its not killing her it makes it a lot more difficult for her to operate efficiently. Oh and you have to love a junkrat trap for the job too
03/24/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Hecatomb
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span> I like how people forget this is a team game, and not a 1v1 game. Winston protects himself from tracer and all his teammates with his shield. Doesnt matter what side she shoots from, and his teammates just can kill tracer without taking damage.
Well trying to get inside a shield with Winston, and 4-5 other people ready to shoot you sounds like a bad idea to me. Not to mention if winston throws his shield down on sym, mei, and or mccree. Do you really want to get close to them?

That's more 'Tracer can't 1v6 the entire team' than Winston himself countering Tracer.

Winston *really* does not bother Tracer much at all. Easily the least out of all the tanks, and Tracer is naturally a slight tank counter.
Widowmaker used to be a good way on launch, but they had to nerf her damage by 30 for some reason.
03/24/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Obamacare
Widowmaker used to be a good way on launch, but they had to nerf her damage by 30 for some reason.

The reason was because she was incredibly overpowered.
i hope the advice people are giving is on how console players deal with tracer.

on console i think torb's turret can hinder tracers... even on pc he is actually pretty decent at dealing with characters like tracer and genji as the turret hinders they're mobility... any damage to tracer will usually cause her to back off.
the easiest way to find a hero that counters tracer is to go by this mantra: "will it always hit tracer?" if yes, then that's a counter.

so torb turret, sym turret, winston left click. tracer doesn't want to take any damage whatsoever, so things that she can't avoid typically ruin her day.

sombra is someone who removes tracer's strength; her blinks.

mccree can be useful, but if he screws up his flashbang things can get rough.

tracer can't reach pharah, pharah has a tough time hitting tracer. if they try to focus each other, the enemy team will just kill them while they're distracted.
Junkrat trap and some heavy ordinance to the face - funnest way to take her out.

Then again Sombra hacking her is rather choice too.

I can't decide...LOL!
bait her with a junk rat trap and bomb combo memorize the route they keep using and set up they'll mess up if that fails shoot at your feet as rat and watch her die since your bombs no longer hurt
03/24/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Obamacare

Because she could 1-shot Zenyatta and Tracer anywhere on the body with a fully charged shot. It was extremely unfair to those heroes.
depending on map, as Mercy i can usually force her to recall and if she tries to kill me without recall she usually dies (trusting that my second support will keep our team alive while i deal surprising amount of close range headshots)

tho i'm not facing any grand master tracers
Phara mostly tbh, when I play tracer I ignore her unless shes grounded

Or if your evil play sombra
<span class="truncated">...</span> Well trying to get inside a shield with Winston, and 4-5 other people ready to shoot you sounds like a bad idea to me. Not to mention if winston throws his shield down on sym, mei, and or mccree. Do you really want to get close to them?

That's more 'Tracer can't 1v6 the entire team' than Winston himself countering Tracer.

Winston *really* does not bother Tracer much at all. Easily the least out of all the tanks, and Tracer is naturally a slight tank counter.
depending on what map, winston still counters her. Payload, most of the time winston will not be the only tank, double tank is good most of the time. He cant protect the whole team from tracer, or jump on her and throw a shield down and make her run.

King of the hill, tracer trying to kill healers or anyone else wont work cause winstons shield gets in the way.

control maps-winston is on D, she can try to run to the point, he'll just jump on her and throw a shield down. A lot of control maps also have roofs to jump on to a health pack also.

The whole point of using winston vs tracer is protecting yourself and making her run away, and protecting your team. Like I said before this is a team game, not a 1v1 game.
I usually switch to Roadhog if Tracer is annoying my team. Winston and McCree also work for me. I think it depends on what hero you are good with too. For example, most of the 76 mains I see can handle Tracer very easily but I have a harder time on 76 than they do.
03/24/2017 05:52 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
I usually switch to Roadhog if Tracer is annoying my team. Winston and McCree also work for me. I think it depends on what hero you are good with too. For example, most of the 76 mains I see can handle Tracer very easily but I have a harder time on 76 than they do.

Wrestle With Jeff Prepare For Death!