Uprising Genji's eyes

General Discussion
Genji in the recent comic just kinda made me sad. I couldn't help but look at his eyes. They're a pretty big deal with Genji. They were red. Do you think that was because this was during his more angry years before Zenyatta? I mean if I were in Genji's possible robo shoes I would be angry and lashing out. Just trying to find anything to get angry and fight back. He even seemed aggressive while Tracer was being tested against him. The whole "COME ON" thing.

But then you cut to the Dragons short and its revealed his eyes are normal. Calm.

I know some people are tired of Genji when it comes to the lore. I get that. I just have to wonder if Overwatch saw Genji even as a person for the most part. Or was he just some lab rat to use against the Shimada family?
The eyes were just red from the lighting from the forehead. I mean, Ana has a biotic right eye that doesn't glow.
i cant believe hanzo did that to him
04/05/2017 07:46 PMPosted by PJakaS84

Maybe he should have taken his life seriously :P
04/05/2017 07:48 PMPosted by CamKitty
04/05/2017 07:46 PMPosted by PJakaS84

Maybe he should have taken his life seriously :P
yeah well i guess
04/05/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Rosenrot234
Genji in the recent comic just kinda made me sad. I couldn't help but look at his eyes. They're a pretty big deal with Genji. They were red. Do you think that was because this was during his more angry years before Zenyatta? I mean if I were in Genji's possible robo shoes I would be angry and lashing out. Just trying to find anything to get angry and fight back. He even seemed aggressive while Tracer was being tested against him. The whole "COME ON" thing.

But then you cut to the Dragons short and its revealed his eyes are normal. Calm.

I know some people are tired of Genji when it comes to the lore. I get that. I just have to wonder if Overwatch saw Genji even as a person for the most part. Or was he just some lab rat to use against the Shimada family?

His eyes are red for his burning hot hatred which I find hot.

He would probably beat me up though, but my mom taught me a thing or two about fighting.
04/05/2017 08:23 PMPosted by AdderallGirl
He would probably beat me up though, but my mom taught me a thing or two about fighting.

Why do you expect me to care?
It could be his new body in the comic is a "prototype" that went on to be improved by the time he left Overwatch.
04/05/2017 08:33 PMPosted by Kitsune
It could be his new body in the comic is a "prototype" that went on to be improved by the time he left Overwatch.

If that is the case that would imply he said "Nah I don't want this real fleshy arm. Hack it off and give me one that reloads my shurikens"
I see it as a wolverine x-men deal angry but can be tamed
Love it overwatch style great skin let's do this!!!
04/05/2017 07:45 PMPosted by FunkyPants
The eyes were just red from the lighting from the forehead. I mean, Ana has a biotic right eye that doesn't glow.

What in the hell are you even going on about? They were red every time he was drawn in. While being obviously well lit in the middle of his pupil.
04/05/2017 08:36 PMPosted by Rosenrot234
04/05/2017 08:33 PMPosted by Kitsune

If that is the case that would imply he said "Nah I don't want this real fleshy arm. Hack it off and give me one that reloads my shurikens"

From the perspective of the comic and Dragons, Genji is only seen ever reloading with his right arm which in the comic is seen as completely mechanical, so it would be safe to say that the only parts that Genji has that is still flesh are his upper left body, neck, and parts of his face.
04/05/2017 08:43 PMPosted by Kitsune
From the perspective of the comic and Dragons, Genji is only seen ever reloading with his right arm which in the comic is seen as completely mechanical, so it would be safe to say that the only parts that Genji has that is still flesh are his upper left body, neck, and parts of his face.

I'm talking about his left arm. It's intact in the comic yet is obviously mechanical in game. So what happened to it?
First: Your eyes do not turn red when you are angry. Hey probably has realistic cybernetic eyes. And those prosthetics did not appear to be the complete product, more like some prototype cybernetics. Mercy was clearly still working on him.

Second: WHAT DID HANZO EVEN DO TO HIM? DID HE JUST GO LIKE "Hey genji can you check out this wood chipper? I think it's broken". HOW DO YOU DO THAT MUCH DAMAGE TO A PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO MURDER?!?!?!?

04/05/2017 08:45 PMPosted by Rosenrot234
I'm talking about his left arm. It's intact in the comic yet is obviously mechanical in game. So what happened to it?

Well with his sparrow/young skins he reloads via his wrist cuff. I assume the shimada clan has access to hard light technology, it makes more sense than their dragons being made of magic. I assume this technology they have can also be employed to create small things like arrows/arrow enhancements and shurikens.
I think that isn't genji and is just a blackwatch ninja bot made for testing purposes like new recruits. I don't think its genji.

I could be wrong though.
I think it was more of an artistic choice really. Think about it, Winston said Tracer still might be a bit unstable, I'm not denying he probably has a lot of inner turmoil, but I doubt they'd let him spar her if he wasn't in full control.
04/05/2017 08:46 PMPosted by Averax
First: Your eyes do not turn red when you are angry. Hey probably has realistic cybernetic eyes. And those prosthetics did not appear to be the complete product, more like some prototype cybernetics. Mercy was clearly still working on him.

WOW REALLY!? THE CYBORG HAS ARTIFICIAL EYES? THAT'S NOT PAINFULLY OBVIOUS TO THE POINT WHERE IT KINDA DOESNT NEED TO BE BROUGHT UP
04/05/2017 08:43 PMPosted by Kitsune

It's his Halloween costume.
"Cyborg Ninja"

It could be that it is covered over. We never actually see him do anything with his left arm ingame besides using his melee weapons.