McCree: The Abandoned & Dysfunctional Kit

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
05/01/2017 04:35 PMPosted by MrFurious

quote function wasnt working....isnt it obvious I wasnt responding to you?

No quotes and you posted right after a post comparing what you just mentioned. In fact it was the only post on the entire page comparing the two. Logic would imply you were replying to that no? So no it wasn't obvious.
Bump bump bump #FixHerCowboy
04/10/2017 11:08 AMPosted by NotMcCree
McCree has had fatal flaws in his kit for nearly a year now. The community agrees that he is not in a strong spot. The statistics agree that he is not in a strong spot. All that is missing is developer acknowledgment/opinion. 2/3 factors align as they did with Symmetra; albeit different ones. Why is one factor, of which has not been considered, held in higher prestige than the remainder?

Yeah, the 3 components for balance is bull!@#$. Blizzard doesn't use those as pillars for rebalance, but rather as justification after the fact.

Balance isn't hard. Getting something to a sweet spot takes time, but the process of balancing isn't difficult at all; make a few changes, see how they do, rinse repeat until satisfied. We have a PTR server, but they've shown that they don't want waste cool character designs or kits if they could manifest in a new hero down the line.

Basically, a rebalance only happens if Blizzard was already planning on rebalancing them, to push a character aside for another newer hero, or improve something that they were discontent with when the game shipped.

More importantly, rebalance isn't a mandatory option for them. It's optional, and wholly dependent on whether or not the balancing team wants to do it. It has nothing to do with necessity, and everything to do with whim. There hasn't been a single quality of life change since the game dropped, only straight buffs and nerfs.

We've seen this time and again; the balance team operates on their gut feelings instead of community feedback or statistics.

Widowmaker mains have been, time and again, blasting the balance team for using gut feelings and making unannounced, much maligned changes. It ruined her kit in June to garbage, and it's not hard to improve on garbage once you've hit rock bottom. Only stubbornness keeps them coming back.

Blizzard also has indirectly admitted that they don't give a %^-* about console either, which is in a completely different state of balance altogether. It makes me really question if Blizzard actually plays the game. Jeff does, we know that, but the rest of them don't seem to give a damn.
Yeah, the 3 components for balance is bull!@#$. Blizzard doesn't use those as pillars for rebalance, but rather as justification after the fact.

Balance isn't hard. Getting something to a sweet spot takes time, but the process of balancing isn't difficult at all; make a few changes, see how they do, rinse repeat until satisfied. We have a PTR server, but they've shown that they don't want waste cool character designs or kits if they could manifest in a new hero down the line.

Basically, a rebalance only happens if Blizzard was already planning on rebalancing them, to push a character aside for another newer hero, or improve something that they were discontent with when the game shipped.

More importantly, rebalance isn't a mandatory option for them. It's optional, and wholly dependent on whether or not the balancing team wants to do it. It has nothing to do with necessity, and everything to do with whim. There hasn't been a single quality of life change since the game dropped, only straight buffs and nerfs.

We've seen this time and again; the balance team operates on their gut feelings instead of community feedback or statistics.

Widowmaker mains have been, time and again, blasting the balance team for using gut feelings and making unannounced, much maligned changes. It ruined her kit in June to garbage, and it's not hard to improve on garbage once you've hit rock bottom. Only stubbornness keeps them coming back.

Blizzard also has indirectly admitted that they don't give a %^-* about console either, which is in a completely different state of balance altogether. It makes me really question if Blizzard actually plays the game. Jeff does, we know that, but the rest of them don't seem to give a damn.

The sad truth is I ONLY play McCree because he is so iconic, not because he's a good character. If he wasn't in the game, I wouldn't be playing it. Like you said, only my stubbornness keeps me coming back to him, if I wanted to win I'd have changed characters a long time ago (I still do my best with him). I don't think that McCree is in a terrible situation, I'd just like not to be slapped in the face when I press Q. The amount of teamwork Deadeye requires is nowhere near the outcome you get. Unfortunately it seems like Blizzard doesn't care about any feedback about balance, they just change heroes the way they want and if it results in the character being bad or underwhelming they leave him like that (except if the character is Ana, Roadhog or Lucio). Noone is entitled to be able to force Blizzard to change certain characters but if you can't discuss balance what are these forums for? What's the point if there's no response from Blizzard?
Doesn't need much. Just a tweak to his ult and flashbang and MAYBE a damage fall off change but that's it. Nothing drastic.

#fixhercowboy
05/02/2017 08:05 AMPosted by BrokenStylus

You reckon some new healer with aoe effect is coming?

PS nice view on things, you see right through their bull!@#$
05/02/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Judic
Doesn't need much. Just a tweak to his ult and flashbang and MAYBE a damage fall off change but that's it. Nothing drastic.

#fixhercowboy

Some tweaks to flashbang would be very appreciated. There are plenty of suggestions on how to make it better, but I don't think devs feel it's a high priority right now.
What if during Deadeye McCree locked on targets in sight but the lock on speed wasn't dependant on the targets remaining hp, it is a fixed value for every target, f.e 1 second and every target in sight is locked. After Q is pressed again, he doesn't shoot, the abbility is over but the targets he locked on remain marked for 10 seconds. In those 10 seconds he deals twice the damage to marked targets.
05/03/2017 12:55 AMPosted by Ramiel
05/02/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Judic

#fixhercowboy

Some tweaks to flashbang would be very appreciated. There are plenty of suggestions on how to make it better, but I don't think devs feel it's a high priority right now.
Yea I mean why should it be a priority, it's not like it's the only semi-useful ability he has..... oh wait.
I find it amazing Blizzard haven't even commented on this thread. I love playing McCree and agree his kit is so flawed now because of all the buffs made to other characters. Aiming can only get you so far it seems now, the rest is pure luck of the draw. There are duels you get into that are guaranteed losses - Zarya and Roadhog for instance because he doesn't have the mobility to back away and deliver the damage quick enough. Even dealing with Pharah is hard because he can't back away quick enough to avoid the splash damage of her rockets to get a shot lined up fast enough.

McCree is a duelist and he can't make work of his those he counters because of his current kit. Fix it please Blizzard we beg of you!
I just watched a Lucio jump the whole back alley of Hanamura while being stunned by a flash.

Pls, this is ridiculous.
Great post! Definately agree with the FTH changes most times Genji's either jump to avoid mass amounts of damage with momentum or Tracer still blinks because of latency frames. Also I agree with the FTH damage buffs barely kills squishies when McCree should be scary up close to anyone who isn't ready.
I've been absent from the forums lately, avoiding the negativity, over sensitivity and general mood killers. I saw this was on the front page though and wanted to thank everyone for keeping this thread going and supporting NotMcCree's efforts. I really, truly appreciate it.

While his kit still needs addressing, I've used my time off of here practicing and taking tips from NotMcCree. It took me changing my approach with McCree to turn things around, but I have improved greatly with my game sense and playstyle. I now treat McCree as a real gunslinger. I didn't realize how much peaking, shooting from cover and remaining mostly stationary while fanning can make such significant differences. Though some advise against fanning (not recommended against Genji unless baiting deflect I admit), it's still something in your arsenal to learn the ins and outs of. Let nothing go unused if it has a purpose somewhere.

Until they decide we're in the right, all we can do is best improve ourselves and support one another as McCree players. We can be the reason McCree is a feared hero again if we work for it. To hell with the team. They have their biases. Piss on 'em. We'll just have to be the best we can.

Good, bad, or ugly. We're all loyal to McCree.

Don't get discouraged. Keep improving. Cool minds makes steady hands makes good shooting. Happy trails, gunslingers.

#fixhercowboy
So we have a new PTR update and what a surprise, they completely ignored McCree again. Wonderful.

Time to bump this !@#$ up some more.

#fixhercowboy
05/03/2017 04:04 PMPosted by mamasugaa
So we have a new PTR update and what a surprise, they completely ignored McCree again. Wonderful.

#fixhercowboy
this update is the patch equivalent of "Not McCree! !@#$ that guy!"
Whaddya know? They also took away the originality of combat roll and gave it to reaper!
They can't even fix his !@#$ing bugs. They acknowledged one two weeks ago and haven't commented since. They've ignored at least 5 threads about his deadeye DR bug.

I think I'm done. Not with playing the game, but with spending money on it. Every event I buy at least 100 loot boxes. I won't buy another until they address McCree. Even if it is to just tell us to %^-* off.
05/03/2017 04:58 PMPosted by acuite
05/03/2017 04:04 PMPosted by mamasugaa

#fixhercowboy
this update is the patch equivalent of "Not McCree! !@#$ that guy!"

LITERALLY. I mean how much more evidence that they're actually ignoring him for real do we need? It's just sad at this point that they can't even be bothered to reply to any of the threads and explain why they think he doesn't deserve to be looked at...
We will fight for mccree.
#fixhercowboy
Congratulations!!
They nerfed soldier 1dmg