So still no love for Hanzo?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
04/10/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Nik
04/10/2017 05:46 PMPosted by TDC
But the OR module was.

That's stretching it so thin that you might as well give Hanzo the skin for no other reason than "he existed during the events of Uprising".

No it isn't. The same robots as her existed. How is that "streching it thin"?
It's like the fact that Bastion is getting a skin.
I mean at the xmas event we could have gotten the punk!Hanzo skin but we didnt.

On the other hand, I cant wait until those flashback events end so the other half of the roster (you know, Lucio, Dva, Hanzo, Sombra, Zarya, Symm and so on) can get attention.
Even Blizzard hates Hanzo Mains
I got my hanzo yellow skin. Dont need anything else (besides maybe the golden weapon)
04/10/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Nik
04/10/2017 05:46 PMPosted by TDC
But the OR module was.

That's stretching it so thin that you might as well give Hanzo the skin for no other reason than "he existed during the events of Uprising".
Her event skin is based around the omnics we have to fight in the event mini game. She wasn't "born" during this time, yes, but she is an omnic as well as Bastion and they are getting skins due to this lore event being around an omnic crisis. As far as we know, it doesn't look like Zenyatta is getting a skin which is a little disappointing because I feel they should do the omnic trio for this event.
04/10/2017 05:40 PMPosted by TDC
Blizzard released a lot of skins that do not fit the events.

What? Excpet for the Widow one I don't remember any. And the Widow one might have some connection to this in the end.

Chinese New Year rings a bell?
Tracer, Junkrat, Roadhog, Symmetra...?
What? Excpet for the Widow one I don't remember any. And the Widow one might have some connection to this in the end.

Maybe check the story, Hog fits perfectly. And non legendary skins don't really count.
Conspiracy hat on

What if they aren't adding new skins for Hanzo in order to discourage people from playing him?

Smarts move Blizzard, but Hanjo mains always find their way into comp.
I get that he doesn't fit into the event but really They need to give more characters love when it comes to skins.
I feel like they could have just added him to the event in a very ''another side another story'' kind of thing. He WAS by that time out of his yakuza family and traveling the world out of shame.

They could have simply put him ''accidentally'' in London for the uprising and by chance never meeting Genji.

IDK Blizz doesnt seem to care to retcon and add things to the lore so idk why it could be THAT much of a problem.
Ana, Sombra, and Symmetra haven't gotten any legendary skins either not just Hanzo.
I feel for you Hanzo mains, but what about everyone's favorite architect Symmetra? She hasn't gotten any new legendary's either.

Ana and Sombra as well, but they are newer characters than the above 2, so I doubt they have as much support.

I'd also mention 76, Bastion, and Pharah, but they technically have their Origins skins as well.

Maybe check the story, Hog fits perfectly. And non legendary skins don't really count.
As TCD says, Roadhog is perfect because his skin goes with the Chinese New Year story.

Tracer, well, she's the face of Overwatch. It's kind of a given she's getting a skin most if not all events. I liked her skin a lot though from Yotr.

Junkrat, probably because he is themed around explosions. And this event had fireworks in it, as most New Years celebrations tend to have.

Symmetra appears to be Indian and in India, there are Chinese communities that still set up and celebrate the holiday. Also India is in Asia, or South Asia as it's better known as today. This would classify her as past of the Asian ethnic group.
Blizzard released a lot of skins that do not fit the events.

Mercy, Tracer, Roadhog, Junk, Bastion, Symmetra on Lunar event for example. You can think of some explanation. But why in that case you can not justify a few skins for Hanzo? Admit that "does not fit" is not an argument. Blizzard just forgot about the existence of Hanzo. No hero should receive just one skin a year.
04/10/2017 05:25 PMPosted by Tsucksatgame
Yeah I gotta side with TDC on this one. It wouldn't make sense for Hanzo to get a skin based on the Omnic crisis and Overwatch, two separate things he has little to no connection towards.

Totally this. Actually the only connection he has to OW is thru Genji. Even Roadhog and Junkrat have more connection to the Omnic Crisis.

Mercy, Tracer, Roadhog, Junk, Bastion, Symmetra on Lunar event for example. You can think of some explanation. But why in that case you can not justify a few skins for Hanzo? Admit that "does not fit" is not an argument. Blizzard just forgot about the existence of Hanzo. No hero should receive just one skin a year.

Non legendaries don't really count. And Hog fits.
TCD

*TRIGGERED*

They did not forget about Hanzo. Jeff came out and said himself, "2017 is going to be a good year for skins". Meaning he has plans for Hanzo as well as everyone else.
Wait... who's "Hanzo"?

Joking aside, as others said, he just doesn't fit into the update. I'm sure in the near future he will have some love. Don't quote me on that though.
04/10/2017 06:11 PMPosted by TDC
Non legendaries don't really count. And Hog fits.

What? Dont count? It's you so want to show that you're stubborn and do not want to admit that your argument is worth nothing? Ok. How about Nuttcracker Zen? He's a damn Buddhist monk from Tibet. How is it related to Christmas? Maybe Yeti is an integral part of Christmas? Why Mei have skins on both events? It's obvious that all these skins were added to the game, because someone came up with a cool idea, and not because it made sense. And you know how difficult it is to come up with a cool idea for the skin? It is not difficult at all. Even for ordinary people, not related to the design of characters. Blizzard is enough just to see which hero lacks cosmetics and add a new skin or new intro for him. Instead, they lead a strange and unfair policies, highlighting the favorites among the heroes.
04/10/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Orthane
So it looks lie even Orisa is getting a new skin, meaning she has the same amount of Unique Event unlocks that Hanzo does now. He has a whole 69 unlocks, he was already the lowest besides Sombra and Orisa, and now that Orisa is getting a new skin, he's still been left out once again.

Is there any chance that he will ever get new event items? Getting literally one thing while Tracer and Reinhardt get their what? Like 9th skin? Please Blizzard, favouritism is fine, but you have to at least give SOME love to other heroes, Hanzo in particular, literally 1 unique event unlock and it's a mediocre reskin... what a joke.

Hanzo has 3 amazing legendary skins in production right now.