Genjis ult has been changed. And its worse!

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
04/17/2017 02:27 PMPosted by TillyT
The strange thing is that any bug that was an advantage to Genji was removed relatively quickly but any bugs that are a disadvantage seem to be ignored, I would imagine this will be no different

I would love to see Mercy mains who are happy about this bug if their GA would suddenly just stop working. I mean, you have it every 2 seconds, is it that big of a deal if you can't GA once in a while?
04/17/2017 02:30 PMPosted by spdR
The strange thing is that any bug that was an advantage to Genji was removed relatively quickly but any bugs that are a disadvantage seem to be ignored, I would imagine this will be no different

I would love to see Mercy mains who are happy about this bug if their GA would suddenly just stop working. I mean, you have it every 2 seconds, is it that big of a deal if you can't GA once in a while?

It does, I'd consider it one of the most infuriating abilities in the game. Sometimes it just randomly jerks you upwards, it gets you stuck on every !@#$ing pebble crossing your path and it feels horrible when your GA target is moving while you use it. It just randomly slams the brakes and places you out in the open ready to be killed.
04/17/2017 02:30 PMPosted by spdR

I do wonder some times if certain other characters had as many bugs as Genji would they have been resolved by now
04/11/2017 03:07 PMPosted by Gelue
This type of crap is infuriating. They change genji every patch with no warning.

It's kind of funny. We both have the exact same problems; they are just executed differently. The devs keep changing Genji on you constantly in patches without telling you, causing more frustrations or indirect nerfs.

Those of us who play as McCree have the devs constantly ignoring the bugs and problems he has. Instead everyone tells the devs about the issues and they continuously do nothing.
The Mei fix is out, and this bug (alongside Genji's PLETHORA of other bugs) remains untouched.

I'm getting tired of this Blizzard. I don't even play genji all that much any more and yet you still manage to disappoint me with every patch.
I think the time spent adding Genji to heroes of the storm would have been better invested in actually fixing him first on overwatch the game he was originally designed for
04/17/2017 03:01 PMPosted by TillyT
I think the time spent adding Genji to heroes of the storm would have been better invested in actually fixing him first on overwatch the game he was originally designed for

The Overwatch team has almost nothing to do with the Heroes of the Storm team. That's two different departments of Blizzard, so no, you're wrong. Adding Genji to Heroes has zero things to do with his bugs in Overwatch.
04/17/2017 03:05 PMPosted by Wolvesbane
04/17/2017 03:01 PMPosted by TillyT

The Overwatch team has almost nothing to do with the Heroes of the Storm team. That's two different departments of Blizzard, so no, you're wrong. Adding Genji to Heroes has zero things to do with his bugs in Overwatch.

I'm aware of that I wasn't being 100% serious about it, its just frustrating seeing the character being added to another blizzard game when he's in need of more attention in the game he's designed for
04/17/2017 02:43 PMPosted by rapiemur
04/11/2017 03:07 PMPosted by Gelue
This type of crap is infuriating. They change genji every patch with no warning.

It's kind of funny. We both have the exact same problems; they are just executed differently. The devs keep changing Genji on you constantly in patches without telling you, causing more frustrations or indirect nerfs.

Those of us who play as McCree have the devs constantly ignoring the bugs and problems he has. Instead everyone tells the devs about the issues and they continuously do nothing.

Salty McCree main here.

Maybe the bug is a general AoE bug which causes McPressQToRespawn's flashbang to be as inconsistent as Gengu's blade? And there's a blue post on this thread so maybe they will finally fix it? One can only hope.

Pretty farfetched though, I'm like one of those poor dogs who thinks they're going for a walk in the park but they're actually getting taken to the damn vet.
04/17/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Eon
The Mei fix is out, and this bug (alongside Genji's PLETHORA of other bugs) remains untouched.

I'm getting tired of this Blizzard. I don't even play genji all that much any more and yet you still manage to disappoint me with every patch.
+1 smh... rather frustrating
I Think it was fixed.

Please confirm
So looking into this more, it looks like the issue some people are seeing is due to a different bug fix.

Before the last major patch, the amount of sword swings you could get changed depending on your latency. Strangely, if you had higher latency you could swing more often. This bug was fixed, which caused some players to suddenly get less swings than they were used to.

Looking into this bug in more detail, the ping threshold before you could gain a single extra swing was somewhat low, so many people probably got used to 7 swings rather than 6.

With that in mind we're going to increase his swing speed overall so he'll gain that 7th swing back for all players, regardless of latency. I'm not entirely sure when we can get that update into the players hands, but we'll make sure its in the patch notes when it hits.

Sorry for the confusion.
04/18/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
So looking into this more, it looks like the issue some people are seeing is due to a different bug fix.

Before the last major patch, the amount of sword swings you could get changed depending on your latency. Strangely, if you had higher latency you could swing more often. This bug was fixed, which caused some players to suddenly get less swings than they were used to.

Looking into this bug in more detail, the ping threshold before you could gain a single extra swing was somewhat low, so many people probably got used to 7 swings rather than 6.

With that in mind we're going to increase his swing speed overall so he'll gain that 7th swing back for all players, regardless of latency. I'm not entirely sure when we can get that update into the players hands, but we'll make sure its in the patch notes when it hits.

Sorry for the confusion.

All hail Lord Geoff
04/18/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Sorry for the confusion.

Well it seems fair if the limit of swings keeps being 7 and not becoming 8 now.
Also Blizzard could reduce the up and down range of the swing. When the sword crosses through the middle of the screen of the player the up and down range is invisible but it's huge. So if the player don't aim properly to the body of the enemy it still will hit. This should be tweaked to be more visible and fair.
04/11/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Genji's ult wasn't intentionally nerfed. I'll look into it and see whats going on.
How the heck does this accidentally happen then if you weren't even adjusting that aspect of the character? Like seriously, you guys rely on your community base to point of TOO many bugs/errors, and then have the PTR for only PC customers... and then don't take 99% of the constructive feedback your player-base provides you... Geesh.

I used to play regularly and now I play maybe once or twice a week, for maybe an hour at most. Your developer team somehow ruin every character... Torb, Dv.a, McCree, Mei, Lucio, Soldier, Roadhog, etc etc. and now Genji? Oh I'm SHOCKINGLY surprised!

...;D
04/11/2017 02:57 PMPosted by SonGoku

Dashing and instantly swinging is now impossible making genji less skill oriented and nerfing his ult and speed of execution.

restore it to the original! enough with the genji nerfs!

Although it sucks that Genji may have been accidentally nerfed, I must ask how a harder ultimate makes it less skill orientated. Genji's ult is pretty simple to execute even for someone with little time as Genji. You just aim at an enemy's general direction and they die, along with anyone standing near them, because of the extremely generous hurtbox.
04/18/2017 11:10 AMPosted by RYBATYPE
04/11/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Genji's ult wasn't intentionally nerfed. I'll look into it and see whats going on.
How the heck does this accidentally happen then if you weren't even adjusting that aspect of the character? Like seriously, you guys rely on your community base to point of TOO many bugs/errors, and then have the PTR for only PC customers... and then don't take 99% of the constructive feedback your player-base provides you... Geesh.

I used to play regularly and now I play maybe once or twice a week, for maybe an hour at most. Your developer team somehow ruin every character... Torb, Dv.a, McCree, Mei, Lucio, Soldier, Roadhog, etc etc. and now Genji? Oh I'm SHOCKINGLY surprised!

...;D

How did they ruin torb?
04/17/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Eon

Something tells me that Mei's freeze being broken is higher priority than the 0.5% of the time edge-case bugs with Genji (he's quite playable, effective, and nothing worth crying over). If you expect every bug to be fixed every release you might have to wait a looooot longer for patches (and then the actual hero-breaking bugs like Mei won't be released for months). Calm down.
Is that meant - Genji will be buffed? He is enough powerful even with 6 swings.
04/18/2017 11:46 AMPosted by Airin
Is that meant - Genji will be buffed? He is enough powerful even with 6 swings.

No what hes saying is majority of people were getting 7 swings due to latency; so to make it fair to majority who were experiencing the lagg and getting the 7th swing; AND the people who were only getting 6; theyre making it 7 because at least 6/10 times a genji would have swung 7 times anyways

Edit: I know someones going to ask how it wont make it so its 8 and thats as simple as finding out how much latency is the threshold of Losing FPS and calculating a decimal to end the ult on so latency would run short of adding an 8th and it wouldnt be noticeable to someone not lagging