Does anyone even play Uprising in default?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Im just curious. I'm see a ton of list and and asks for which hero comps are best for legendary, and thats fine and great. its very very fun with junkrat i have found, but if im right the no limits mode of uprising doesn't count towards the achievements which i want really badly and im not seeing a lot of advice topics for uses the 4 default heros. I was hoping for more PvE modes that limit you to certain heros as it makes you use them and improve upon them. i think this is a step in the right direction for Blizz, however i do understand to that like with the last one(Halloween) might have turned people away with only letting you only play 4 heros. Again steps is right direction but seeing a trend of just want to to, i hate using this word, cheese it and just win for winning. if we got something out of it i'd understand better. im not mad or upset or anything just seeing a lack of focus on the "main" event.

Edit: this is fine. i expected this. but still a lot of great feedback and discussion!
Most of the achievements are for the default (Rein, torb, tracer, mercy). But there is one or 2 for the all heroes. One specifically I can remember was playing it with 8 different heroes.
I vastly prefer default because I think it is more difficult.
But, since I'm a Mercy main it makes little difference ;)
I love the Default better (lore wise)
I love the Custom better (gameplay wise)

I playing both.
I like being able to play whatever hero I want. That said, I'll probably still do the regular version a few times for the weekly crates and maybe the odd achievement (not sure about Expert/Legendary, but I'd like to get the one for making sure the payload stays above 80%)
That's what i thought and i'm two plays way form getting the Replacements one but you can hammer it out pretty quick. im not trying to come from a negative place now that i look back at the title i made im really just curious. i think Overwatch could benefit from mode that make you play certain heros that you might not play normally. i never play torb or tracer and now i see why people do they are fun as dang.
My friends went with Mercy, Reinhardt, Symmetra, and Sombra. Yup, Sombra's EMP halts the advancing Detonators. And, interestingly enough, omnics largely ignore Symmetra constructs, even when they are in plain sight. (Last night, I cheekily placed the shield generator RIGHT ON the payload. Hardly a scratch on it.)
I tried both last night but must prefer default
Almost nailed legendary yesterday in all heroes.
Ran out of time with the last Orisa :(
04/12/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Lucky44
I like being able to play whatever hero I want. That said, I'll probably still do the regular version a few times for the weekly crates and maybe the odd achievement (not sure about Expert/Legendary, but I'd like to get the one for making sure the payload stays above 80%)

see it great that they are letting us play what we want this time around. dont be discouraged im sure you can get expert AND legendary! the 80% one...hmmm that seems to be the kicker for a good number.
Default mode has the ideal comp for the mode, imo. My friends and I've tried many other hero combinations but the best that worked besides the default was (Mercy, Torb, Bastion and Rein/Orisa).
04/12/2017 08:52 AMPosted by WarGoat
Almost nailed legendary yesterday in all heroes.
Ran out of time with the last Orisa :(

im sure you will get it next time! dont give up! but see this is what another thing too its very very hard so we should be rewarded with something for winning even with all heros. i was personally thinking a event icon would be neat!
I love the default mode. It feels good thematically.

It also ensures people fill each role (until someone bails).

Had a match in custom where everyone decides to pick a DPS (not even ones with sustain). I was just like bleh. I happily filled. Was funny having to constantly pick them back up.
What tips do you want for the default mode? It's fairly self-explanatory seeing as there's no heero choice and the map is something we've played many times before and know well.

Literally the only advice you can give is DO YOUR INTENDED JOB!

If you want that expanding...

If you're Reinhardt, use your bloody shield for christ sake. Give the others some protection, especially when Torb is trying to set his turret up and know when to go in swinging. It's also imperative you either pin or earthshatter both the Bastions and the bombs.

If you're Mercy, heal/buff instead of playing the majority of the game with your pistol out. Tracer needs a lot of attention, don't let her go down as aside from being a man down you have to dedicate another to getting her up which can mean the end at the harder difficulties.

Torb, Throw out armour every chance you get and don't be afraid to use Molten core, you'll get it back in no time, Keep your turrets health topped up you don't want to have to rebuild it mid fight.

Tracer, the game plays a lot differently for her, the AI find it a lot easier to hit her than they probably should, making her blinks fairly useless for dodging, you'll have to play a lot of the game further back than usual behind Reins shield going in and out for quick kills and staying behind his shield as you get heals. Use your pulse bomb on Bastions then back away and let the others finish him off as he doesn't seem to miss you when trying to blink around him.
I find it way more likely to win in the default mode than All Heroes, because 4 DPS is not a legitimate strategy, even on a low difficulty like Hard. You absolutely need that Reinhardt shield to stop both your team and the payload from taking damage, as well as to push those Detonators back. And you need that healer to keep you alive: I managed to sustain a team of Bastion/Junkrat/Reaper using just Biotic Field, but we inevitably failed at the factory, fighting the OR-14 bots, because they're just dealing far too much damage for Soldier to keep everyone alive.

The only time I've really failed in the default mode is when Reinhardt charges in toward those last two OR-14 bots and goes down in the center of all that gunfire.
04/12/2017 08:56 AMPosted by bluemoon1987
What tips do you want for the default mode? It's fairly self-explanatory seeing as there's no heero choice and the map is something we've played many times before and know well.

Literally the only advice you can give is DO YOUR INTENDED JOB!

If you want that expanding...

If you're Reinhardt, use your bloody shield for christ sake. Give the others some protection, especially when Torb is trying to set his turret up and know when to go in swinging. It's also imperative you either pin or earthshatter both the Bastions and the bombs.

If you're Mercy, heal/buff instead of playing the majority of the game with your pistol out. Tracer needs a lot of attention, don't let her go down as aside from being a man down you have to dedicate another to getting her up which can mean the end at the harder difficulties.

Torb, Throw out armour every chance you get and don't be afraid to use Molten core, you'll get it back in no time, Keep your turrets health topped up you don't want to have to rebuild it mid fight.

Tracer, the game plays a lot differently for her, the AI find it a lot easier to hit her than they probably should, making her blinks fairly useless for dodging, you'll have to play a lot of the game further back than usual behind Reins shield going in and out for quick kills and staying behind his shield as you get heals. Use your pulse bomb on Bastions then back away and let the others finish him off as he doesn't seem to miss you when trying to blink around him.

Thank you! that's what im talking about! as i have never played either tracer or torb im a little unprepared when i have to play them. other things would be nice would be map advice, enemy management, ect.
One other thing, if you're enjoying the dialogue between the heroes in Uprising:

You might have noticed this, but in the default mode (Reinhardt/Mercy/Torbjorn/Tracer), more conversations are added to the random pool as you win more matches.
04/12/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Michael Chu
One other thing, if you're enjoying the dialogue between the heroes in Uprising:

You might have noticed this, but in the default mode (Reinhardt/Mercy/Torbjorn/Tracer), more conversations are added to the random pool as you win more matches.

I'd rather catch it on youtube or the wiki, because grinding in default mode sounds hella tedious
Highly Rated

this is the story mode we been asking for. thank you.

I actually enjoyed playing it in default more than all hero to be honest. Plan to continue to play it more so that I can hear more of the dialogue. Thanks for the tip!